Exeter V Torquay 21st April 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:FT.....Northampton LOSE
Wycombe lose too, and with Rovers earlier, great day to be a Yellow :scarf:
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:wycombe have lost!

lol you couldn't make it up!!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Well fingers crossed we win, rovers beat wycombe and dag and red beat northampton.
Then we could go into the wycombe game with every chance.

But if im honest I cant see dag and red beating northampton.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Yes well done ch and the players, and thats why you love this club burnham. :clap: :scarf: :scarf:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I am pleased for the supporters who turned up and after slagging Hargreaves off he at least seems to have got his tactics right.
Under Shaun Taylor Yeoman was employed behind the strikers at home to Rotherham - he was nothing short of sensational in the first half that night and was virtually unplayable.
He he had played the same number of games this season as that parasite Hawley how many goals would he have scored?
Clearly he would got at least half a dozen.
Its so galling having won today and how much that early decision cost us against Dagenham.
It was the most blatant red card I have ever seen.
We are going down but had we won friday we would really have had a great chance. Gutted really.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Life as a Gull is never easy is it!! Had we of not been playing Exeter today, I think I would have wanted us not to not win just so we can finally focus on building for next year and admit our fate!!

Part of me now though is still thinking we might actually pull of this miracle. But on the flip side of that, I'm not sure I'd want to stay in league 2 as I could unfortunately see most of the dead wood sticking around for another season. Relegation would give us the chance to move it on and let CH build his own squad.

I'm delighted we've beaten the scum up the road but I honestly don't know what I'm thinking at the mo, I feel like a teenager again, I'm so confused about everything and don't know what the hell is I want haha!! :-/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You don't want us to stay in League 2 - Well done the most ridiculous posting on here EVER.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

ROADRUNNER wrote:Yes well done ch and the players, and thats why you love this club burnham. :clap: :scarf: :scarf:
It's going to be a very very long week......

Mansfield away......do I?....Don't I?........

What really pisses me off is that I really hope he gives Yeoman a chance next Saturday and drops Benyon. Give youth a chance.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

"
I'm delighted we've beaten the scum up the road but I honestly don't know what I'm thinking at the mo, I feel like a teenager again, I'm so confused about everything and don't know what the hell is I want haha!! :-/

Spot on mate !! :clap: :clap: :clap:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

All i can say is don't let one result cloud our judgement. CH doesn't just become 'the man' after this win. To those of you cursing the Dagenham game and if only then remember we've had lots and lots of games before that that we've meekly handed to the oppo on a plate so that one game v Daggers is not the reason we are going down. We still will be IMO because it requires not only 2 wins on our part but for 2 other teams not to pick up at least a point from their remaining 2 games.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I'm so glad that we've kept up the fight if only for another few days. Getting relegated today would have probably been the most painful experience as a fan since they beat us in the play-off semi final. The fact we've pulled them right back into it also makes it feel very good as well, plus with the results going our way.

All we can do is focus onto Saturday, win at Mansfield and hope results go our way again, not sure who I would want to win from Wycombe v Rovers but as long as one team loses and Northampton lose then who knows, we could still do this (not that I think we will survive but still, got to keep the faith)

Just goes to show with 2 games to go, how poor of a league this league is the fact we could still stay up.

2 World Cup finals to go.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

brucie wrote:You don't want us to stay in League 2 - Well done the most ridiculous posting on here EVER.
No of course I do, my ramblings have obviously come out slightly wrong, but I DO NOT want to stay in this league with the squad we currently have!! I don't want to have to endure what Barnet fans went through season after season until the finally dropped out the league!!

Getting relegated would be a chance for Chrissy to sack off some of the shite we have where us staying up, I don't think he will!!

Surely you've got to be able see the angle of where I'm trying to come from??
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

tufc si wrote: No of course I do, my ramblings have obviously come out slightly wrong, but I DO NOT want to stay in this league with the squad we currently have!! I don't want to have to endure what Barnet fans went through season after season until the finally dropped out the league!!

Getting relegated would be a chance for Chrissy to sack off some of the shite we have where us staying up, I don't think he will!!

Surely you've got to be able see the angle of where I'm trying to come from??
Getting relegated would put the club into extreme financial difficulties, what players do you or anyone think we will be able to sign, we had to stay in the league, it was so important for the clubs future.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You can say that if you weren't there. It was a red card pure and simple. Colquist had done Saah completely was charging centrally towards the penalty area and was taken out - blatant red card. Not the reason we are going down but in the current context of things it was a decsiion which has probably cost us our league status.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Burnhamgull wrote: It's going to be a very very long week......

Mansfield away......do I?....Don't I?........

What really pisses me off is that I really hope he gives Yeoman a chance next Saturday and drops Benyon. Give youth a chance.
Cue Whitney Houston song ...... "I believe the Children are our future, treat them well and let them lead the way" - Listen to that song CH, it could be your saviour!!