Update for the fans on TUFC site

General chat about anything else goes here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Personally do not blame Chris Hargreaves or Alan Knill for not getting that striker in, I blame those at the club who have thrown the clubs money at everything but the team these last few seasons. This, the clubs got no money argument used to wash with me, it doesn't any more when I found out just how much they've spent on off the field projects to the detriment of the team, they had the money and wasted it.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:What if he was fully aware that we needed a goal scorer, had made numerous enquiries but each one had either failed due to where we are (location and position in league), or because we had no money to pay the wages of the loanee? - he has seemed to be able to bring in a number of loanees since his arrival "to score goals" - are we to believe that they have all been for free??

What if he had tried to get rid of some players but then was forced to play them due to the actions of others? - how would he be "forced" to use players that he wanted rid of? Your comment seems to suggest that CH is not making the decisions on who plays?

What if he had been told there were funds available when he took the job, then had that promise removed when he signed on the dotted line?- that, if true - and I revert back to the number of loanees we have seen come and go since January - is beyond his control and the board should hang their heads in shame for such deception.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Think of Labadie, who had managed to remove Manse from the team for starters, then there's the Nico v Cruise debate....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: aint got 1

Post by yellowwot1 »

ROADRUNNER wrote:Im sorry but there is some f---king tosh being posted on here, who give a toss if ch speaks after a game or not, if he keeps them up or if he gets them out of the conference in his first season I see some people eating humble pie, im sorry but give the guy a break, its like a f--king witch hunt. :@
I don't see anyone eating humble pie, and its quite obvious that many of us do care if CH speaks after a game. He is quick enough to speak to the press when things go ok and let his players talk, thre is no witch hunt just valid expectations for the man to do his bloody job properly as he is paid very well to do, so far that has not happened...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Gloomy Gull wrote:
We've paid money for one loanee this season. he cost us £300/week. To give you some idea of comparison, the three that Northampton signed, Marquis, Connell and the massive black dude are costing them in excess of £6000/week.

Scotty's comment about CH being "forced" to use certain players very, very obviously relates to sendings off, injuries, the recall or sending back of some loanees etc. No conspiracy here.

Again, loanees have been free. Unless Scotty knows something I don't (which is entirely possible), then there was no such arrangement.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

My third comment was just a throwaway comment to create discussion.

STIP
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

yellowwot1 wrote: I don't see anyone eating humble pie, and its quite obvious that many of us do care if CH speaks after a game. He is quick enough to speak to the press when things go ok and let his players talk, thre is no witch hunt just valid expectations for the man to do his bloody job properly as he is paid very well to do, so far that has not happened...
This reads as though he only comes out and speaks to the Beeb after we win. That's bollocks, of course. He refused to be interviewed (as have pretty much all managers at one time or another) after an especially disappointing result, performance and refereeing display. Have a butchers at Tisdale. He makes a complete **** of himself every week with his ridiculous interviews, conducted at a snail's pace, as he meanders about, appearing to carefully select each word as if it's his last. If Chris wasn't in the right frame of mind to do the interview, then it was quite right that he didn't do it. If you lot would give it a bloody rest, it would be both a non-issue and totally forgotten by now. What would have been a disaster is yet another negative headline for us this season after Jesus was charged by the FA with improper conduct for calling the ref a cheat live on Radio Devon.

I appreciate that you're feeding off basically no information and that I probably come across the odd thing which helps me understand, but the job Chris has done here is nothing short of what anyone could have reasonably asked of him, all things considered. He's been extremely unlucky with injuries, suspensions and sackings. But for those, we'd possibly still be in the bottom two, but it would likely be a much smaller mountain to climb to escape.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

ferrarilover wrote: This reads as though he only comes out and speaks to the Beeb after we win. That's bollocks, of course. He refused to be interviewed (as have pretty much all managers at one time or another) after an especially disappointing result, performance and refereeing display. Have a butchers at Tisdale. He makes a complete **** of himself every week with his ridiculous interviews, conducted at a snail's pace, as he meanders about, appearing to carefully select each word as if it's his last. If Chris wasn't in the right frame of mind to do the interview, then it was quite right that he didn't do it. If you lot would give it a bloody rest, it would be both a non-issue and totally forgotten by now. What would have been a disaster is yet another negative headline for us this season after Jesus was charged by the FA with improper conduct for calling the ref a cheat live on Radio Devon.

I appreciate that you're feeding off basically no information and that I probably come across the odd thing which helps me understand, but the job Chris has done here is nothing short of what anyone could have reasonably asked of him, all things considered. He's been extremely unlucky with injuries, suspensions and sackings. But for those, we'd possibly still be in the bottom two, but it would likely be a much smaller mountain to climb to escape.

Matt.
Sorry but what you have written here is bollocks as you so eloquently put it, you are very good at contradicting your own words which is amusing.

As for the petty personal character assassination of paul tisdale and the way in which he happens to speak and I find your defence of CH weak and pointless.

If you have nothing intelligent to say and.just.wish to throw insults then you may as well say nothing and stop embarrassing yourself in such an over emotional silly and childish manner.

However you are of course.entitled to your opinion and perfectly within your right to express them here, as are the rest of us!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

yellowwot1 wrote:
I don't see anyone eating humble pie, and its quite obvious that many of us do care if CH speaks after a game. He is quick enough to speak to the press when things go ok and let his players talk, thre is no witch hunt just valid expectations for the man to do his bloody job properly as he is paid very well to do, so far that has not happened
ferrarilover wrote:This reads as though he only comes out and speaks to the Beeb after we win. That's bollocks, of course. He refused to be interviewed (as have pretty much all managers at one time or another) after an especially disappointing result, performance and refereeing display. Have a butchers at Tisdale. He makes a complete **** of himself every week with his ridiculous interviews, conducted at a snail's pace, as he meanders about, appearing to carefully select each word as if it's his last. If Chris wasn't in the right frame of mind to do the interview, then it was quite right that he didn't do it. If you lot would give it a bloody rest, it would be both a non-issue and totally forgotten by now. What would have been a disaster is yet another negative headline for us this season after Jesus was charged by the FA with improper conduct for calling the ref a cheat live on Radio Devon.

Matt
The only person engaging in character assassinations is, in MY opinion, you. What is wrong with Matt's description of the way that Tisdale presents himself? At least he didn't mention Tisdale's daft cravats, although thankfully he doesn't wear them any more. What Matt has to say about why Chris did not speak after the Dagenham game seems pretty plausible and reasonable to me (my first assumption was that somebody on the Board had instructed him not to speak, which I WOULD have had a problem with, but I now don't think that was the case).

Perhaps you could give CH at least some credit for the win yesterday, instead of continually sniping and firing your arrows at him. You and I disagreed when you suggested that CH had an "easy" job, I disagree with you again.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I agree give Hargreaves a break. On Spotlight tonight he says he has to either keep us up or take us back up or face the sack. The club's finances, the state of the training ground and the previous regime are all factors as to why we are where we are.
Those who didn't support the team yesterday missed a thrilling second half.
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

Gull in 2 places lol, we will have to agree to disagree as I never said his job would be easy so whatever you are referring to you need to get.your facts right.before.opening your mouth.

As far as credit for yesterday I give that to the players and the fans that attended and tisdale complete incompetence in the.2nd.half and not CH

I don't care what you think.of hargreaves explanation as to why he.didn't talk, he is no Alex ferguson and has not earned.the.right to act like one when torquauys reputation is already in bloody tatters and thousands ofpeople are waiting to here from him.
Thoroughly unprofessional.like most things at Tufc

This should be all forgotten but goons like you can't see.the wood for the trees and choose to not accept that there is another opinion which is.Tufc and.the fans that keep the club here deserve better. You sound as unprofessional and unambiguous as.CH , good luck with that
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

How much more unprofessional would you have deemed him to be if he had gone on and launched into one on the TV and brought the club into disrepute.

If you don't think that he had ANYTHING to do with the win yesterday then you are the deluded fool. He may not have done a lot of things right, but yesterday's half time sub was a game changer. He, CH, was the one that did that and, therefore, deserves credit.

STIP
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

yellowwot1 wrote:Gull in 2 places lol, we will have to agree to disagree as I never said his job would be easy so whatever you are referring to you need to get.your facts right.before.opening your mouth.

As far as credit for yesterday I give that to the players and the fans that attended and tisdale complete incompetence in the.2nd.half and not CH

I don't care what you think.of hargreaves explanation as to why he.didn't talk, he is no Alex ferguson and has not earned.the.right to act like one when torquauys reputation is already in bloody tatters and thousands ofpeople are waiting to here from him.
Thoroughly unprofessional.like most things at Tufc

This should be all forgotten but goons like you can't see.the wood for the trees and choose to not accept that there is another opinion which is.Tufc and.the fans that keep the club here deserve better. You sound as unprofessional and unambiguous as.CH , good luck with that
For somebody who only joined the forum two days ago you come over as a very aggressive little chap. For the record you DID say that CH's job is easy, just check your comment history. CH has made mistakes for sure, but you are totally wrong and extremely unfair to call him unprofessional. I'm sure he would not worry about what you think though, I certainly wouldn't in his shoes.
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

For the record I didn't say anything of the sort just certain posters taking my words out of context to suit their argument just like the guy that used moyles as a comparison to CH taking great pleasure.in using the comparison to suggest CH should.be.afforded.more.patients.like moules has.been ......ummmmmm how wrong could.he have been I suggest just as.wrong as.you.
yellowwot1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowwot1 »

Scott Brehaut wrote:How much more unprofessional would you have deemed him to be if he had gone on and launched into one on the TV and brought the club into disrepute.

If you don't think that he had ANYTHING to do with the win yesterday then you are the deluded fool. He may not have done a lot of things right, but yesterday's half time sub was a game changer. He, CH, was the one that did that and, therefore, deserves credit.
The only deluded fool here m8y is you, what was that you were saying about David.moyes?

Lol nice 1