How not to run/manage a football club...basically!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
harrytorquay101
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

How not to run/manage a football club...basically!

Post by harrytorquay101 »

As a football club we have taken some wrong turns that in the end has proved costly. Whether it has been the board or poor management.

No disrespect to Mrs Bristow. She has done all she can to try and keep us up by pumping more and more money into it. However, it's alright pumping all that money in but it's got to be used in the right way.

The things that have hit us hard this term are:
-Knill being manager till christmas, fair enough he kept us up last year but for me we should have kept lingy or got rid of earlier
-No 'Rene Howe' type foward signed in the summer
-(No foward signed perminantly at all)
-Not using our own young players as much
-and lastly... the amount of loaned fowards we had.
I would like to focus on the last one. Having diffrent strikers each month provided no consistency or chemistry within the team. It also pushed the likes of Yeoman and Sullivan, who personally I thing have bags of petential, out of the squad. If we had one on loan for the whole season, like McCallum for a whole season or Marquis(who admittedly got recalled), there would have been much more of a bond. Take Goodwin. He was here for a while and started building confidence mid to late of his spell. He was no where near settled in the first month. Even, O'Connor, although he isn't a stiker, he has been outstanding, but we've had him for most of the season and he build a chemistry with the rest of the squad, particularly Pearce, whom for me is player of the year and O'Connor being Young player. We fast foward to the last few games. 3 wins out of 4. Out goes Stockly, not ours, out goes Hawley...aha Hawley... and in comes Yeoman. Bang bang, 2 goals. Coulthirst is different because he is from Spurs and wants to play and puts the effort in. If we can keep the few players I have mentioned above i believe we can do well in the conference!

Amen
TeenageGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by TeenageGull »

If only it was really that simple my friend
harrytorquay101
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by harrytorquay101 »

Right from when we signed 2 strikers the day before match day 1, you knew something would go wrong! Yes I definitely think these players will do well in the what I now want to call 'Confo'. What will the board want to say?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We have been mismanaged from day one. As I said before had Yeoman had the same game time as Hawley he would have scored far more goals.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

The Coulthirst and Oconnor question will certainly be asked
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Interesting that a York City fan on 606 tonight puts their surge into the play-offs down to their manager's loan signings.
Just shows how much people on here know.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:The Coulthirst and Oconnor question will certainly be asked
With it's now inevitable answer. :no:
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

When you are a small club at the bottom of the league with no money and you are borrowing players for free then you will always get some good some bad. My only problem with it all was that we never gave Yeoman the first chance before all of them.
Scorpion
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Scorpion »

nickbrod wrote:Interesting that a York City fan on 606 tonight puts their surge into the play-offs down to their manager's loan signings.
Just shows how much people on here know.
Loaned players are all well and good when you bring in a couple of players who make a difference to your side by giving you something you did not have. That is a completely different matter to having a merry-go-round of loan players who come and go, none of whom are doing the job for you.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

The people criticising our loanees just need to think how bad we'd actually be if we didn't have the likes of O'Connor, Coulthirst, Cargill et al.

The problem has been that the permanent signings (Pearce aside) have been rubbish.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14