Club Commitment

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

If you're reading this Steve - I can completely understand your frustration, especially doing the interview after such a terrible game. I'm always glad when it's yourself doing the commentary as I know it's someone who knows what they are talking about and actually has some feeling for the club. I hope you're planning to continue the role next season! :scarf:
The original taunton_gull!!!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Thea giving her thoughts

TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I don't know Steve Breed, but he clearly is a passionate Torquay fan, who speaks from heart, says it honestly and just how he sees any situation you don't need to know him to get that feeling. I enjoy Steve's commentaries, very rarely of late have I disagreed with any thing I've heard him say on the radio, keep up the good work Steve.

With out the financial input of the Bristow family we would never have had those 5 years back in the league something I thanked them for at the time and have never stopped since, however that's history now, past, gone and irrelevant to our current situation, I would like to go on record and thank the Bristow family for their continued financial support, relegation would have serious consequences for the club with out such support, but and there is a but here.

I'm going to be little bit more guarded here "promotion budget" what actually is that, how, do you quantify what that is. Are we as a club just looing at it from a point of view that say, Luton spent X and the play-off winners spent Y so as long as we spent somewhere between those two figures that's a promotion budget, word of warning here, it doesn't quite work like that, Braintree I believe spent close to peanuts compared to some in the conference and got a heck of a lot closer to the play-offs, as I've said and many others have said around the forums, it's not how much money, it's how you spend it, is CH the right man to spend that money, hope so, not seen any evidence, despite the recent wins, largely down to a loanee from Spurs who is unlikely to be here next season, as they no doubt will want him playing at a higher level.

Personally before thanking Thea any further than I already have, I'll wait to see which players move on and get moved on, see what players arrive and whether this actually turns into a promotion budget, our club simply has to win promotion back with in two years, otherwise the gap in our budgets will grow wider and Thea will not be able to plug it forever, we will then find ourselves working off budgets consigning us to the conference, maybe even a premier/south division yoyo club, sorry to put a dampener on this, but again it strikes me as a board who are reactive rather than proactive, if this money can be found to try and fix this problem our club finds it self in, why oh why couldn't it have found just back our managers in the first place, league 2 has been beyond tripe this season, just little more spent could seen us at the other end of the league.

All the reasons why I'm angered over this situation that I believe could and should have been avoided, and why I personally kept stressing the importance over keeping our league status with good reason, sorry just can't let it drop at the moment, I really, really hope the club can fix this, and I seriously hope this relegation doesn't come home to roost over the few years, as may or may not.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

How on Earth have you been going so regularly and for so long without meeting Breedy? ****'s sake, he's big enough (he must be 6' 3")

Also, no one seems to have got excited about Teeboo being unmasked.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

ferrarilover wrote:How on Earth have you been going so regularly and for so long without meeting Breedy? f***'s sake, he's big enough (he must be 6' 3")

Matt.

I am, it's an iconic forum moment. I'm still reeling from it.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

ferrarilover wrote:How on Earth have you been going so regularly and for so long without meeting Breedy? f***'s sake, he's big enough (he must be 6' 3")

Matt.
Know who Steve Breed is, just never spoken to him, as for his unmasking, lol. Thought most had figured it out from his postings, I had.
Formerly known as forevertufc
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I'm just disappointed that Breedy types like a 4 year old. I always thought it was put on to cover an identity or writing style.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

just realised cant play any more signing games ive been outed lol
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Fair play to you Steve to fronting up and admitting regret to comments which anyone of us could have made after the Daggers game.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

potnoodle wrote:What about the rest of board. What about their commitment. You going to shouting at their names too.

I don't get you lot on here. Only last week CH was shocked at how bad the finances were. Now we have commitment from the board to get us back up. How come there will now be money ready for next season. Why wasn't to available for us to stay in the football league???

The club are sending out their comments. It's a smoke screen keep you lot on side.

You all need to take a step back and have a think!
I don't for one minute believe what has been said. It's just words and I think many Torquay fans would look at it that way. For those who don't renew their season tickets now and are perhaps waiting to see what happens over the summer then maybe the actions will speak louder than the words but for now I totally agree potnoodle. It's just more empty words. When the actions begin to speak for themselves then we will only truly know for sure if they are genuine.

I'm not going to let that stop my positivity for next season because I have an idea in my head of what CH REALLY has to work with and it equates to a fish and chip supper and a can of Fanta. With that in mind I expect mid table and some better football. If the board are telling the truth then great, we can go **** mental but for now I believe my own mind which is accept we have nothing, move on and remain optimistic for the new season no matter how much or how little cash we have.

COYY!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

THEA IS OUR LEADER! THEA IS OUR LEADER! NAH NAH NAH NAH! NAH NAH NAH NAH!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes we have gone from being bankrupt to the conference big spenders in the space of a week so its probably a case of wait and see.
One difference between this and the last time we went down was that on the last occasion with the exception of Mansell and Kevin Hill I don't think we had any other players if I recall correctly.
We do however have a slight ly better nucleus of players so wouldn't presumably have to sign the Conference all stars eleven to have a new team.
Other than that I have no idea whats going to happen - I don't think the Thea Bristow interview refrerred to her saying we were going to buy every player in the conference, more that she thought the supporters at Mansfield looking like bananas were good and she was looking for something to do in July.
Thats hardly the same as "we are going to walk the conference next year"
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

We also had Steve Woods and Matt Hockley I believe, and Chris Robertson had been with us on loan.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Just seen the short interview on the BBC Sport Football League 2 website with Alex Rowe talking about our drop into the conference.

Strangely he is bigging up the fans and saying that he is "confident as usual our fans will rally round and we can keep the financial deficit to a minimum".

Hmmm, nice touch. As usual mate everyone else will get the club out of the shit and not those culpable for the mistakes. It's like the bankers and taxpayers all over again!

I just hate this assumption that you cash cows will turn up trumps again and come up with the goods. It's statements like these that make me think that Dave (forever) and others are spot on to stick two fingers up. Renew if you want but I just can't see why anyone would other than the 'true supporters' argument being levelled.

Anyway, he then says that we have a good youth system that is beginning to produce players. Errrr where? Perhaps instead of considering offering another contract to a long term injured player who has not done anything for us then we could instead see these youth players that we are apparently producing?

You can't get much shitter than the conference so if the young lads can't get a crack at this lowly level then they may as well go and work for Asda or something.