6 Players Listed

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Stevens wouldn't be announced today, as he's out of contract, not transfer listed. Who knows if he's going to get a new contract, but not being announced today doesn't indicate he's staying.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Stevens did a job in the conference, not sure why everyone wants him gone
We'll be back...
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

If you think Stevens is the answer in the conference you are barking. Having kept Harding and Benyon the worry for me is that he might be going with players who have had prior experience of that league.
That could open the door for Stevens.
On the other hand I do think (or hope) that Hargreaves has realised that whatever ability Stevens had seven years ago he has lost.
Any goodwill that Hargreaves has with the supporters would be blown to smithereens if Stevens got a new contract. He has to be a goner for me. Everyone knew he was an awful signing which was proved to be right.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sam_ »

brucie wrote:If you think Stevens is the answer in the conference you are barking. Having kept Harding and Benyon the worry for me is that he might be going with players who have had prior experience of that league.
On the other hand I do think (or hope) that Hargreaves has realised that whatever ability Stevens had seven years ago he has lost.
Any goodwill that Hargreaves has with the supporters would be blown to smithereens if Stevens got a new contract. He has to be a goner for me. Everyone knew he was an awful signing which was proved to be right.
That is one view coming from the anti Danny Stevens fan club!
We'll be back...
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

Downes and Chappell on the list is a joke! Been two of the better players in recent times
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I'm surprised by the inclusion of Chappell and Downes. I can only assume there has been an attitude issue Monday to Friday because on Saturdays both did well.

Cooper was a disaster and Tonge probably can't wait to get back up north.

I'm concerned by the omission of Benyon. I don't believe he's the answer and has contributed nothing all season. Perhaps he's on a low wage?

Interested to see the released list. There's three days of the early bird offer left and I'm getting pressure to renew my ST.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Don't disagree with any of them to be honest. We need a clear out and this will free up some much needed wage budget. In the instance of Downes he is too expensive and makes too many mistake to represent good value in the conference.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

sam_ wrote:Stevens did a job in the conference, not sure why everyone wants him gone

:lol: :lol:

He will be released tomorrow

Mansell not giving anything away on twitter so might be offered a new deal but with Harding staying I wouldn't want those 2 and lathrope, they arent creative enough. Need room for a creative midfielder

I think its right to get rid of Downes and Chappell they clearly don't impress in training
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sam_ »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:
:lol: :lol:

He will be released tomorrow

Mansell not giving anything away on twitter so might be offered a new deal but with Harding staying I wouldn't want those 2 and lathrope, they arent creative enough. Need room for a creative midfielder

I think its right to get rid of Downes and Chappell they clearly don't impress in training
Lathrope wanted by a few L2 clubs
We'll be back...
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

brucie wrote:The problem is that we will struggle to offload most of those players mentioned. which will probably leave players like Hawley staying here on big money.
How the feck can Cooper still be contracted to us.
Not really too suprised that Benyon will stay. He was disappointing this season but he clearly has the potential to score goals at Conference level and will cause defenders problems, whilst as for Hawley - there are better strikers in the North Devon Premier.
Craig is useless. Tonge is a disaster. Hargreaves doesn't rate Downes.
Guess there is going to be a bucket load of non contracted players going out the door tomorrow - lets hopes Hargreaves has a full contact book cuase he is going to need them.
No he doesn't and no he won't.
yellowman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowman »

how do you know sam that they dont impress in training , are you there or are you CH
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

brucie wrote:If you think Stevens is the answer in the conference you are barking. Having kept Harding and Benyon the worry for me is that he might be going with players who have had prior experience of that league.
If you are prepared to concede that Benyon - 7 years ago - was good in the Conference, so should stay, then why isn't the same reasoning being applied to Stevens?

I wouldn't keep either of them but feel your stance is a little contradictory.
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sam_ »

yellowman wrote:how do you know sam that they dont impress in training , are you there or are you CH
Don't remember saying this? Where is it?
We'll be back...
yellowman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by yellowman »

sorry sam it was plainmoorRoar
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sam_ »

No problem Yellowman