Possible targets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Possible targets

Post by supergulls »

If this is true I'm a little dissapointed we are being linked to a 38 year old I hope it's just paper talk.
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/G ... story.html
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

If we were to sign any one of the three players mentioned in that article, I'll be quite happy.

Cureton probably being the least favourite of the three due to age, but you can't argue with his record.

Let's face it - we'll do exceptionally well to sign a rising star the state we are in.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

We need a solid forward who can head the damn ball. last time in the confrence Sills was very dangerous with set pieces, and i beleive we need that again. Free kicks, corners, long throws served us well last time and I would be loking at that again.

We wont attract the real deal, we didnt in league 2 so in the conference even less likely.
TUST MEMBER
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

supergulls wrote:If this is true I'm a little dissapointed we are being linked to a 38 year old I hope it's just paper talk.
Lucky we didn't think that about the 39 year old Chris Hargreaves who scored the all important Conference promotion goal at Wembley ;-)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Of that list I am mostly hoping it will be Midson. With Yeoman on the books there would be goals in that combination for the league we are in.

If Rovers are interested he will go there anyway so we are likely to be a fall-back option.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Cureton will go to rovers.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Yellow4life wrote:Cureton will go to rovers.
You would have thought so, although their Manager did say a move for him was "unlikely" just a few days ago in their local press ... make of that what you will.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/need-recru ... story.html

Personally, I would be happy enough with him in the Conference on a 1 year deal, as I still think he would score plenty of goals at that level despite his age. He is very much the lower league version of Kevin Phillips and he kept banging them in right up until the end of his long career.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

stefano wrote: Lucky we didn't think that about the 39 year old Chris Hargreaves who scored the all important Conference promotion goal at Wembley ;-)
37 years and 5 days to be precise.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Form is temporary, class is permanent. I would love to see a player of Cureton's ability turn up in the yellow shirt.
Would also be equally happy with Smalley or especially Midson, who we know if more than good enough for the Conference.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Some people's game relies on the sort of physical prowess reserved ordinarily for guys in their mid-twenties. Others play a different sort of game, based more on brain than brawn.
This is part of what makes Ryan Giggs so other worldly. He does the things the kids do, but he does it at twice their age.
Cureton is always in the right place at the right time. He won't go sprinting after a channel ball, skin three men and lollipop his way round the keeper before overheading the ball into the net. What he'll do instead is make one simple run into the box at a corner and the ball will find its way to him for a tap in. Why work hard when you can work smart?

I still don't think he'd enjoy his time here. The relationship would go sour very quickly if he didn't hit the ground running and that would be a slow spiral to oblivion.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I think Midson is the more realistic target. I wasn't aware that he was at Oxford with Hargreaves. At 30 he is the right age and knows where the net is. I would settle for him probably
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

supergulls wrote:If this is true I'm a little dissapointed we are being linked to a 38 year old I hope it's just paper talk.
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/G ... story.html
Is Mickey Evans still available?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Cureton will go to Bristol, Smalley I personally don't think would drop down a league, but Midson is a realistic target, plus like previously said, the combination of him and Yeoman could be a winner in the conference
We'll be back...
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Anyone notice rendell signed a new deal with woking. I really hope we get midson. Would be happy with that.
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

Well, it's not Deane Smalley - he's signed a two-year deal with Argyle.