Early bird season ticket deadline extended!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Renewed mine, know I'll be there everyweek anyway so may as well make it cheaper.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

DevonYellow wrote:Renewed mine, know I'll be there everyweek anyway so may as well make it cheaper.
Good on you. :goodpost:
Lucy
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

lucy6lucy wrote: Good on you. :goodpost:
Just a tight bastard really!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:TL:)R

;-)

Welcome back, you bloody flouncer. You've had more comebacks than Rocky!!
Rocky. You have to be having a laugh. Andy has had more comebacks than Status Quo! :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by DerbyshireGull »

:lol:

So long as I don't have more comebacks than Gary Barlow i'll be fine.

That 'documentary' he did when he 'met' Corden made me thank God I'm not famous and without brain.

I keep coming back because I like it and I know others don't. =D

It's a war of attrition GG.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

DerbyshireGull wrote::lol:

So long as I don't have more comebacks than Gary Barlow i'll be fine.

That 'documentary' he did when he 'met' Corden made me thank God I'm not famous and without brain.

I keep coming back because I like it and I know others don't. =D

It's a war of attrition GG.
A war of atrition eh. Is that where we throw faggots chips and peas at each other/ The stewards/ The players/ the Ref/ and You lol. :lol: delete as appropriate.

I will throw in the odd sticky bun too for good measure.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

Last day for deadline tomorrow still a no from me, for the first time in 10 years :no: :no: :no:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Despite me maintaining I wouldn't renew my season ticket after eight seasons, had the club done some meaningful business , you know what temptation probably would have got the better of me, but alas we haven't so for me it remains a no.
Formerly known as forevertufc
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Left it late but renewed mine today. :scarf:
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

I renewed mine and my little nippers today. :scarf:

Saturdays' just wouldn't be the same without seeing live footie at Plainmoor. :bow:
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

This is why Torquay can't have nice things. We simply haven't got the support. Unlike other clubs...

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Sport/C ... 070200.htm

I seem to recall our average attendance actually dropped the year we made it back into the League.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

With ten minutes to spare, I renewed mine. Most certainly against my better judgement and I feel sure I will regret it when I realise I have paid out to watch Benyon and Hawley looking like South Devon League strikers, and watch a season of struggle that awaits us.

I did so though, because I felt it is not Hargreaves fault. He wants rid of Alan Knill's dross as much as we do. He is lumbered with EIGHT players he and nobody else wants and we probably have to face it that we have a difficult year ahead while we watch players who know they are unwanted, go through the motions for us.

I had seriously considered getting an Exeter Chiefs ticket - and who knows, if their fixtures fall kindly, I still might, and a part of me cannot believe I am passing up on the start of another new exciting era for them to watch us lose at home to the likes of Braintree, in front of 1300, with misfiring donkeys up front for us.

So, today I renewed my season ticket but I cannot pretend I am happy about it because I know what I am letting myself in for.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:This is why Torquay can't have nice things. We simply haven't got the support. Unlike other clubs...

I seem to recall our average attendance actually dropped the year we made it back into the League.

Matt.
Maybe it did but that was possibly because we were fighting relegation the first season back.

We certainly have support comparable with Rochdale, Bury, Cheltenham, Burton etc and superior to Accrington, Morecambe, Dagenham et al.

For the appalling two years we have had, I would argue that our support has been pretty decent.
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyshireGull »

ferrarilover wrote:This is why Torquay can't have nice things. We simply haven't got the support. Unlike other clubs...

Matt.

We also have a knack of alienating the fans we do have by being inactive rather than proactive which serves to perpetuate the cycle. Obviously I am aware you disagree but this is just my opinion on things and partly why some fans who were wavering about getting a season ticket have now decided not to. It's more money lost and needlessly so.
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyshireGull »

When I say 'inactive' I don't mean necessarily in a transfers sense. We have no cash, we have to wait until the right players become available at the right deal and we are possibly stuck with some deadwood. We know that so perhaps some other forms of pacification would have been in order? A prominent and persistent line of positive communication this past month would have been easy to do and would have secured a lot more cash from the undecided. I keep hearing that the board are fans themselves and they too have money at stake in the club. They are fans obviously, i don't doubt that. Are they businessmen?

Communicating positively costs nowt and a few people may see it as more spiel but if it was persistent and convincing enough then i reckon a lot would have given them the benefit of the doubt and renewed. I have no idea why we've had nothing of any note since we were relegated. It's a lack of effort and presuming that you all will 'be real fans' that is largely grating really. :)