New sponsors?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CharlieWTS
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CharlieWTS »

Good Morning everyone, there seems to be a bit of Chinese whispers going on this specific thread, (in my opinion) so I thought it was only fair that you all hear it from the horses mouth, well the sponsors mouth!

as said in a previous thread there was no stipulation in our agreement to end the agreement if TUFC ended up in the Football Conference, neither are WTS streamlining or in any financial trouble

after every season we would meet with the board and the commercial team to discuss the season etc.. discussions about the 2014/15 season was obviously on the table and we always made it clear from day one that if a major company like samsung wanted to take over then we would happily step aside (this does not mean that samsung is taking over by the way)

We do not know who will be the new sponsors as this is kept quiet until everything is finalised and releasing the news at the right time so it has the most readers.
Charlie
WTS |Group Operations Manager

Tel 0845 241 6288 Fax 0845 299 2223
Head Office: Queensgate House, 48 Queen Street, Exeter, EX4 3SR
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Thanks Charlie - I hope you remain connected to the club in some capacity.

In a time of corporate cut throat it is very honourable to see an organisation behave as yours has.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Thanks Charlie ; it's brilliant that people like you & Andrew Candy are around & participating on the forum, & willing to be transparent about events. Saves us lot making things up ( we're very good at that; partly because, with a lot of things concerning TUFC : you couldn't make it up :lol: :lol: ) ;-) ;-)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

CharlieWTS wrote:Good Morning everyone, there seems to be a bit of Chinese whispers going on this specific thread, (in my opinion) so I thought it was only fair that you all hear it from the horses mouth, well the sponsors mouth!

as said in a previous thread there was no stipulation in our agreement to end the agreement if TUFC ended up in the Football Conference, neither are WTS streamlining or in any financial trouble

after every season we would meet with the board and the commercial team to discuss the season etc.. discussions about the 2014/15 season was obviously on the table and we always made it clear from day one that if a major company like samsung wanted to take over then we would happily step aside (this does not mean that samsung is taking over by the way)

We do not know who will be the new sponsors as this is kept quiet until everything is finalised and releasing the news at the right time so it has the most readers.
:goodpost: Thanks for that and your sponsorship!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes echo that
DerbyshireGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy Bodin

Post by DerbyshireGull »

Yes thanks Charlie.

It's been 5 hours now since you posted your comments and 5 people including myself have expressed their gratitude. Maybe you're best off out of it mate tbh.

Cheers anyway Charlie and Del sincerely and I've not come across many businessmen who are prepared to communicate so openly, many think they belong in dragon's den and have so many delusions of grandeur. I reckon you are both honourable men for being this way and don't change. Be human and be fair. You've been both so thanks so much. Just so long as you don't drive a massive beamer with your shirt hung up in the back window thinking you own the roads then you are one in a million!
CharlieWTS
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CharlieWTS »

Thank you everyone for your nice comments, we will still visit the club as fans and like everyone, cheering the team on back to the football league!!

despite the relegation we have enjoyed this year it certainly has been eventful
Charlie
WTS |Group Operations Manager

Tel 0845 241 6288 Fax 0845 299 2223
Head Office: Queensgate House, 48 Queen Street, Exeter, EX4 3SR
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Quick plug for both WTS and the women's team... WTS are (barring anything exceptional, we presume) continuing in their extremely generous sponsorship and support of the ladies.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

DerbyshireGull wrote:Yes thanks Charlie.

It's been 5 hours now since you posted your comments and 5 people including myself have expressed their gratitude. Maybe you're best off out of it mate tbh.

That's a very nice sentiment Andy and others, but have had my say, for me it's a waiting game now, if WTS have stepped aside because the club do have new sponsor lined up then an official announcement should come within a certain time frame, there is a certain process that would to have be followed and completed of course, that should only take a number days, if that happens I will be long to pass on my thanks and congratulations to all parties, if it doesn't , it would suggest something entirely different has happened here.
Formerly known as forevertufc
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

City Link Builders and Mr S Melhuish could be waiting in the background!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

(
ferrarilover wrote: Posted, presumably, from your $800 iPhone which was obsolete by the time you got it home from the store.

Matt.
As if I'd have an iPhone. dummy.

your comparison isn't relevant, anyway. I bought by shirt last year on the implied premise that it'd be 'current' for 2 years. it isn't. If I was to buy an iphone I'd also buy that on the understanding that it'd be operational for a certain amount of time (at least for the duration of the contract).

the most annoying thing for me is that it's harder for me to get the shirt cos i live so far away. I had to fly over last year specifically to get it!

although I'll suck it up if we're able to get a sponsor who'll give us a lot of money,
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The shirt is operational, it hides your unsightly figure from the gaze of passers by. You definitely didn't have to fly over to England to get a shirt, but if that's the excuse you gave the boss/wife then I'll gladly back you up.
Iphones are updated every year or so, so they aren't valid for the duration of a normal 18/24 month contract.
You bought your shirt with the implied warranty that it may not be "current" for two years. Caveat emptor. :devil:

Regardless, your key point about sacking off the shirt in favour of a better deal from the sponsors is the key.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Will probably be the stupid stripes with just the new sponsor on it

Like when City Link Builders came in, I seem to remember the shirt stayed the same

I don't really care as long as the shorts change to the navy blue ones

Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:Will probably be the stupid stripes with just the new sponsor on it

Like when City Link Builders came in, I seem to remember the shirt stayed the same

I don't really care as long as the shorts change to the navy blue ones
This
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

WTS confirm on their website they are becoming front of shirt sponsors for the ladies for the 2014/15 season