New sponsors?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DelWTS
New Signing
New Signing

Post by DelWTS »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:WTS confirm on their website they are becoming front of shirt sponsors for the ladies for the 2014/15 season
confirming wts will be sponsoring front of shirt
For TULFC for the coming season. Hopefully
A lot more people will take an interest to watch
And or sponsor the ladies. A very committed
And professional team. We hope for a top 3
Finish next season in the premier league :goal:
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I think WTS have got a good deal for the next 12 months. Who is going to buy a year old shirt with a new sponsor? All the fans walking around will continue to wear their current shirt with WTS across the front, and they're being sold off at £12 a shirt at the moment. Fair enough, Aberdeenshire probably isn't your target market but I'll keep wearing the WTS shirt for the next season.

I'd also like to add my thanks to everyone at WTS for stepping up and giving their support to the Club. I hope you stick around.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Any of our in the knowers got any news on this, is the club close to signing up with a new sponsor ? It's been 2 weeks since this announcement was made and for me the time frame is up, I now fully believe this hasn't happened at all how it has been reported , and there seems to have been a small amount of bullshit passed here, probably to avoid causing upset to a club sponsor no doubt.

The reason why WTS didn't know who the new sponsor is, because there quite clearly wasn't one lined up at that stage, I do not believe the club did have a new sponsor lined up ready to come in with more money, also do not believe the club would have ended what appears to have been an informal arrangement with out a new company lined up , have WTS stepped aside I'm not sure now they have, I think the club have left in position where by they've had no choice but to seek a new sponsor, regardless of who says what.

Is the club struggling to find a company to agree to sponsor at the level they're after , or is it a case the club are making sure any new sponsorship deal is some what more watertight, lets hope it's the latter. In the grand scheme of things this isn't a big deal, I do not doubt for minute the club will have a new sponsor in place, what I doubt is, that it'll be for much more money than currently received.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

I understand the club have been talking to two companies regarding sponsership with slightly more money than wts were paying.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thanks for that R/R. Now 3 weeks Dave taps fingers on table wondering whether the truth will out, over the split with WTS.

This is particularly galling if the version of events I've heard over this matter is true... http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/arti ... 59623.aspx
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What version have you heard, Dave?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well laugh out loud indeed, it didn't take long for Del and Charlie to find there way onto to dorkweb...http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread ... tand/page2

Amicable spilt, me thinks not.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I think the fact we do not have a direct replacement and WTS are splashing their cash elsewhere clearly illustrate that the bull we were fed is a long way off the truth.

I am always on the side of defending the club to criticism on here but this time I think they have been very poor and a little belittling to their fan-base.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Richinns wrote:I think the fact we do not have a direct replacement and WTS are splashing their cash elsewhere clearly illustrate that the bull we were fed is a long way off the truth.

I am always on the side of defending the club to criticism on here but this time I think they have been very poor and a little belittling to their fan-base.
Nail hit squarely on the head, something I didn't know, but suspected from the start, something seems to have happened behind the scenes that has blown what I'm led to believe was quite a lucrative sponsorship deal. I agree with your sentiment, apart from this last year or so, I've been one of the first to defend the club, I don't particularly enjoy being negative about anything, I'm glad this doesn't as yet appeared to have hindered CH in the transfer market, lets hope it's resolved soon.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

forevertufc wrote: Nail hit squarely on the head, something I didn't know, but suspected from the start, something seems to have happened behind the scenes that has blown what I'm led to believe was quite a lucrative sponsorship deal. I agree with your sentiment, apart from this last year or so, I've been one of the first to defend the club, I don't particularly enjoy being negative about anything, I'm glad this doesn't as yet appeared to have hindered CH in the transfer market, lets hope it's resolved soon.

and still don't know
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Why are we presuming that, if something untoward has happened (which a deal with Exeter does, in no way, imply) that it's the fault of the club and not the sponsors or some third party?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Actually, if they do bring out a new kit next season, and we don't have a sponsor, I will certainly get it. It would good to pay for a shirt unadorned by some obscure company's logo and not being a walking sandwich board for them.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

hector wrote:Actually, if they do bring out a new kit next season, and we don't have a sponsor, I will certainly get it. It would good to pay for a shirt unadorned by some obscure company's logo and not being a walking sandwich board for them.
Good point, that. I'd definitely buy it. Can't be good for the Club not having a shirt sponsor, though.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

3 weeks down the line we don't have a sponsor and are previous sponsors are now putting money in to our nearest and dearest, what does that/should that tell anyone. One person I've spoke to over this has been only to happy for me to push the debate, another has asked for his confidence to be kept full stop, and that goes with out saying it will be, our club and WTS certainly haven't said goodbye and given each other a sloppy wet kiss in the corridor, that should be pretty obvious to all regardless, if it isn't, well you know.
CharlieWTS
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CharlieWTS »

Hi all, if you have any questions for us at WTS then please fire them this way, would rather this than Chinese whispers

I still do not know who the new sponsor will be, a big company will be nice to give the club what it needs the most at the moment, who ever it is though I will still be buying a new kit next season!
Charlie
WTS |Group Operations Manager

Tel 0845 241 6288 Fax 0845 299 2223
Head Office: Queensgate House, 48 Queen Street, Exeter, EX4 3SR