New sponsors?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i feel like i've been cheated on!! talk about sleeping with the enemy WTS
still keeping the faith
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

CharlieWTS wrote:Hi all, if you have any questions for us at WTS then please fire them this way, would rather this than Chinese whispers

I still do not know who the new sponsor will be, a big company will be nice to give the club what it needs the most at the moment, who ever it is though I will still be buying a new kit next season!
Thanks for the honesty Charlie. I think the main question is what was the breakdown in the relationship?

It does not seem as it read on the official statement that the club had someone else who is prepared to offer significantly more money as this would have been in place by now?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CharlieWTS
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CharlieWTS »

bixieupnorth - I am sorry you feel that way about us, we started with Torquay as Del is a huge fan and has been since he was a kid, also the company started in Torquay Harbourside - We were happy to sponsor for five years but as fans we made a decision that more money for the club is better in any league!

Exeter is where our HQ is situated and as we have had signs at St James Park for three years and our love of football still remains, which is why we went to Exeter, I am a fan of the club as well as Torquay as it is my home town.

Moving on to answer Richinns question, WTS still do not know who will be on the front of shirt next season for United, a few posters on the formu have mentioned that they will give it a time frame and now believe different to what has been posted.

A sponsorship deal is a very big thing to handle as a business and also a football club, there are lots of planning to be done with various parts of the agreement, the kit has to be ordered in the perfect colours and ordered from overseas - again this takes time.

Announcing the sponsorship for next season will be done when United and the new business are happy for it to be released, also at the right time, (for example: if its sunny outside, everyone will be out enjoying the weather instead of reading the official site) other news involving the club will distract readers attention, then it goes to the paper and if something large is happening in the torbay area the Herald will print that over new sponsors.

We still have good relationship with the club and Del and I have both left amicably, we are happy to phone Thea/Andy/Dean or whoever and have a chat about anything still.

Also dont forget we have raised our sponsorship for the Ladies team to stay loyal to Torquay as this is where we started and have not forgotten that in 2006 we were a small business growing.
Charlie
WTS |Group Operations Manager

Tel 0845 241 6288 Fax 0845 299 2223
Head Office: Queensgate House, 48 Queen Street, Exeter, EX4 3SR
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

What does it matter if the mens team don't have a shirt sponsor? The main things is that our number one team, the championship winning ladies have their sponsorship in place.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Many thanks for Charlie's response

Perhaps (myself included) we as a fan-base have created a storm in a tea cup over the sponsorship area!

Hope this proves to be the case but reading Charlie's words indicate there has not been a fall out between parties and they have made these decisions for the good of the club rather than personal agendas.
TUST member 328
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

CharlieWTS doesn't matter how many questions you answer, low IQ bixie will still post nonsense and people like Richins will just assume things such as a breakdown in relations

i think the situation is pretty clear here, WTS are an open honest company with a guy in charge who likes his football and local teams. Sponsoring Torquay was therefore a good match, TUFC have clearly felt a better opportunity can be found elsewhere and graciously WTS have stepped aside.

However as they have clearly enjoyed sponsoring a local football team, unsurprisingly WTS have moved onto another local team in the same location as their main HQ!

As posted above i imagine sorting our a sponsorship deal does take time, making sure the club gets the right deal given there's no sponsor currently ready to take over from Skrill for the league is an important thing.

N.B the continued support of the TUFC ladies team only highlights this
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:CharlieWTS doesn't matter how many questions you answer, low IQ bixie will still post nonsense and people like Richins will just assume things such as a breakdown in relations

i think the situation is pretty clear here, WTS are an open honest company with a guy in charge who likes his football and local teams. Sponsoring Torquay was therefore a good match, TUFC have clearly felt a better opportunity can be found elsewhere and graciously WTS have stepped aside.

However as they have clearly enjoyed sponsoring a local football team, unsurprisingly WTS have moved onto another local team in the same location as their main HQ!

As posted above i imagine sorting our a sponsorship deal does take time, making sure the club gets the right deal given there's no sponsor currently ready to take over from Skrill for the league is an important thing.

dont talk wet and lighten up you plank.

if you actually bothered to read bixie's post, its obvious that it was tongue-in-cheek.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

This Del, at WTS - it's not Double Del is it?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:low IQ bixie
i demand you retract this statement immediately!!

thanks for your support supes, practically everything i say and do is tongue in cheek, you are obviously the only one on here who "gets" me!!
still keeping the faith
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:CharlieWTS doesn't matter how many questions you answer, low IQ bixie will still post nonsense and people like Richins will just assume things such as a breakdown in relations

More trolling from PlainmoorBore!
TUST member 328
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

1 post and looks like 3 people have been
Attachments
misbite.gif
misbite.gif (7.38 KiB) Viewed 783 times

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:1 post and looks like 3 people have been
yeah right.

you mean three posters realising what a complete plonker you are.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

SIDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by SIDGULL »

Hector, just a thought. You indicated that you would prefer to wear a shirt which does not carry a sponsor's logo. I am at one with you there and a number of years ago purchased the excellent late 60s repro from TOFFS. Excellent quality and still going well into added time!! Last time i looked they offered a choice between the one i mentioned and the white one with the stripe trying to imitate a cross between a deckchair and (dirty) Leeds.

:keepie:
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: yeah right.

you mean three posters realising what a complete plonker you are.
:zzz:
Attachments
you-mad-bro.jpg
you-mad-bro.jpg (92.42 KiB) Viewed 681 times

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

^^^^^^^^^^^ thats a nice selfie you have taken there plainmoorroar.

TUST Member 468