Shaun Cooper Contract Cancelled

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Shaun Cooper Contract Cancelled

Post by OllieGull »

According to Brent Pilnick on Twitter, sure there will be a link to this soon. As much as it is good to get a high earner off the wage list, I feel he would have offered something in the conference, and now the fact we only have Young and Harding to play CM...

Edit: Link, http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 17163.aspx
okehampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: ALAN WELSH

Post by okehampton gull »

good , glad hes gone , another freeloader on there way , well done chris , keep pulling the flush , for christs sake get rid of BENYON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! edit
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

It's a shame it didn't work out, but he's been taking a wage for months and has never even got on the pitch for us. There's now room for one more player to come in, and the Herald seems to think there's interest in 3 of the other listed players.

Btw Matt, I think this emphasises the point I was trying to make last month when he was first transfer listed: http://forum.torquayfans.com/viewtopic. ... &start=120

We would never have extended his contract just to transfer list him straight away. His value is £0 and we just wanted him out the Club.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

okehampton gull wrote:good , glad hes gone , another freeloader on there way , well done chris , keep pulling the flush , for christs sake get rid of BENYON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! edit
Come on now, there's no room for that on here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agree with Okehampton on Cooper. It's widely believed by some I know, who would know, that Cooper was never as injured as he made out, and should have been fit to play towards the end of last season, possibly why CH said publicly he felt totally let down by Cooper.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Good riddance, a waste of time signing him and if he was feigning injury because he didn't fancy it, he's robbed the club.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Here's one for the anoraks - have we ever had a player under contract who has never kicked a ball in anger for us?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What do you mean, "one for the anoraks"? You are a **** anorak!
Matt.
Last edited by ferrarilover on 06 Jul 2014, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
torkie_buoy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Cameron

Post by torkie_buoy »

Good news, just as long a the payoff wasn't too much.
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

tomogull wrote:Here's one for the anoraks - have we ever had a player under contract who has never kicked a ball in anger for us?
Ben Joyce perhaps? Oh and Baker was it? Im sure theres plenty...
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Mickey Mouse
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Mickey Mouse »

Glad he has gone, bloke had a glass ankle and just diddnt have the balls to jump in the trench and fight with the rest to try and beat the drop. Yet was quite happy to get paid for doing sod all except moan at players for tackling him in training.

Also a point I think has been overlooked by some is the size of the squad we had (about 28 pro's?) towards the back end of the season.
Surely what we need instead of 28 below average players is 15/16 good players, and more empasis on bringing through the youth players.

Of those who have gone from youth team to first team in recent years how many have been given any real game time? Is there any point having a youth team if when they do produce players good enough to sign, we then leave them to rot on the side or loan them out to the dog and duck?

A good starting 11 and bench is a must, but then you have to make room for bringing in youth and this would also allow us more money to offer for better players in the starting 11.
eastmoorgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Stubbs

Post by eastmoorgull »

He did make one appearance -PSF Salisbury - but I guess that doesn't count. Looked very assured as a centre half that day; with 3 mid field triallists on Monday I'm sure he wont be missed.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote:What do you mean, "one for the anoraks"? You at a f**king anorak!
Matt.
Ha, ha - cheers Matt ! But you know what they say - it takes one to know one ! Touche !!

No - Eastmoorgull - psf against Salisbury doesn't count cos he was only on trial then. And to sunnysideup - yes, Baker is a probable - can't even remember Ben Joyce. Enlighten us Matt.