unprofessional

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

unprofessional

Post by frenchgull »

Is it me? Last season I bought a Blue season ticket for people who live overseas,I thought that maybe I would be reminded that I could buy another for this season but no,not a dicky bird.I therefor e-mailed Torquay asking for details of how I could buy this ticket for this season but I heard nothing,not deterred I wrote for a second time and as of todays date I have still not heard anything from the offices of Torquay United.Now I know that its only fifty quid and I treat this as a donation towards the cause so to be completely ignored is somewhat baffeling,are we awash with money,they obviously don't want this kind of support!.I find this worrying as where else are they loosing money.No problem as I will keep my money and still follow our fortunes but it would have been nice to give a little to the cause
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Did you not think to check the website?

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 11032.aspx

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

To be fair, when I checked the 'Season Tickets' section of the website there was nothing relating to the 'blue tickets'. I'd have thought there would be at least a link there to the Membership Scheme section, which does contain the following:

"A full pricing structure is outlined below and you can get more information by calling us on 01803 328666 option 0 or e-mail [email protected]."

Frenchgull did email the club, and had no reply. I don't know how long he waited, or should be expected to wait, for a response, but British Gas promise to reply to customers' e-mails within three days. If they can do it, anybody can...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I see this from both sides of the coin. There simply isn't enough time for the clubs staff to respond to every e-mail they receive, marketing, and reminder systems require administration and money, but then I have an open fire at home the company I use to sweep the chimney is a sole trader and every year with out fail I receive a reminder in the post, as I do also from the gas company who does the annual safety inspection on my buy to let house, so how difficult to set up this type of system would it be ?

But again on the flip side, we're not a big premier league who no doubt spend more on administration a year than our entire club is worth. There simply is no doubt in this case frenchgull should have had an e-mail response to his enquiry.
Formerly known as forevertufc
WYGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ian Twitchin

Post by WYGull »

Does anyone know whether season tickets are ready for collection yet? Not seen any official announcements.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

WYGull wrote:Does anyone know whether season tickets are ready for collection yet? Not seen any official announcements.
Hi WYGull

Yes they are. I received an email from the club during the Plymuff game on Tuesday saying they were ready for collection from Reception during the week and the Ticket Office on Matchdays.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

At last. Someone else who feels taken for a mug by TUFC. I strangely thought I was the only one! 75% why I won't be wasting any more time and cash on a club with an increasing culture of taking the piss, laughing at fans and then going around cap in hand.

Bix I believe signed up to the programme offer where programmes get sent out to your address yet the very first week he had major problems having not received them and even had further issues with programmes not arriving. The shirt thing also gets right on my tits. The club make cash out of hard pressed fans (including £60 out of me) for the new shirt launch last year then 8 months later it appears on Sports Direct website for £11 and they suddenly announce sponsors WTS have been let go and the club are getting a new strip! Now normally I'd be a bit narked but put it down to 'circumstances' and crack on.

The critical thing for me was the lack of an apology. It's basically like they are saying "**** you, there's a new shirt in town so get one mofo's!!". Not an appreciation of support for buying the previous shirt and gratitude. On the contrary - it's pure selfishness. You're not in it together - it's you and them. Give them your cash and enrich them. I thought garlic bread was the future but obviously it's fleecing sheep that is the easiest way of making a few bob.

You already pay the highest prices for tickets in the conference like for like. In response to the announcement of season tickets and their collection, the club I will be watching nest season have already announced this. I've sponsored a players boots for the season, been to their family fun day, my little one has had VIP treatment out of the blue by the club mascot, I'm an active member of their supporters club and supporters trust after just a month (and many years before my time as a Gull) their website is refreshingly updated and I've felt like my support has been valued already. In 7 years supporting a Gull I've not once felt valued by the club. I've felt valued by fellow fans who i've stood with but I've always felt the club has been basically run by a bunch of clowns who still think in 2014 that fans will come regardless because they are fans.

These are true fans. I wasn't a true fan. That 25% Yorkshire in me was always lurking in the background calling me but I was able to fend it off for 7 years. Tell it like it is, give people honesty, value and appreciation and you can't go far wrong. Those that run TUFC are have offered none of this in the past 7 years and they are taking you to the brink of extinction as a football club. Have a pop if it makes you feel better. I'm simply responding to a thread by Frenchie (hope you are ok by the way mate! :) ) about unprofessionalism within TUFC. I don't give two shits about staffing levels or budget - manners and respect cost nothing.

Actually, correction. They've cost at least one person.

Good luck for the season lads anyway and hope the usual crazies are all ok and enjoying life! :)

Livin' la vida baby!!! (D) :~D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

The Austrian Derby County supporter returns and unsurprisingly its to moan.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Any constructive comments to my points and feelings would be welcomed. It's not a moan contrary to PR's post, it's the reason why I have chosen to withdraw my support. Any comments as to how people feel would be most welcome. Many men can't express emotion and say how they feel and they have my sympathy. Perhaps a Daily Star could be posted out to you rather than a programme in future but if you can share and can divulge how you are feeling as a fan at this current moment in time then I'm sure the more enlightened amongst us would be able to empathise and understand.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

It's not Derby. Wrong county. :)
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

frenchgull wrote:Is it me? Last season I bought a Blue season ticket for people who live overseas,I thought that maybe I would be reminded that I could buy another for this season but no,not a dicky bird.I therefor e-mailed Torquay asking for details of how I could buy this ticket for this season but I heard nothing,not deterred I wrote for a second time and as of todays date I have still not heard anything from the offices of Torquay United.Now I know that its only fifty quid and I treat this as a donation towards the cause so to be completely ignored is somewhat baffeling,are we awash with money,they obviously don't want this kind of support!.I find this worrying as where else are they loosing money.No problem as I will keep my money and still follow our fortunes but it would have been nice to give a little to the cause
What E-Mail address did you write in from?
Pea.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I shouldn't really have posted so apologies. I've missed the forum and the banter but I've made my bed. I've had a few as I'm preparing for a heavy weekend in Whitby and the thread from Frenchie just struck a nerve as I still feel a bit bitter towards those that run the club for the way in which fans have been treated. My views may be a little extreme but it's the way I feel and can't be changed. I could have been really looking forward to a good old sing song at Gateshead in a few weeks but now I'm not. Anyway, sorry. I shouldn't have broken my self administered ban.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Come on Andy admit it, you've been checking out the forum and reading everything all this time. Finally you just couldnt resist the urge to post. :~D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
premierleaguegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Robertson

Post by premierleaguegull »

Dear frenchgull

My name is Patrick and I work at Torquay United.

I am sorry you didn't receive an email from the club regarding your membership enquiry. If you change your mind, and would like to purchase the blue membership for your friend then I would be happy to help.

Can I ask you to contact me by emailing [email protected] and I will see that you receive the membership information once I return to work on Monday.

We aim to reply to every email we receive, but on this occasion we have fallen short.

Please contact me if I can help.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Hi Andy,

As you asked how fans are feeling, thought I'd post, as I've been fairly critical in the past.

The club has worked hard to bring in new revenue from a new sponsor, breaking a contract it already had amicably. Great bit of business and deserve a huge well done. This has resulted in a new kit. Final design and availability is too late, but regardless uptake will be increased on what would have been had we had same kit for a second season. Good bit of business. The club also acknowledged the fans possibly having to buy a new kit on the website. If anybody who might have bought one doesn't because of no apology from the club, I'd be amazed.

The club has done far better player recruitment wise than I possibly imagined we would given the circumstances. We should have a minimum of top 10 side, who are playing entertaining football by all accounts. Thats where value for money comes from!

We may have the highest prices in the conference, I haven't checked, but to lower them could have been economic suicide, and with the team we look to be building, the ticket price will be better value in the conference than it was in league 2.

I run a contact centre, with more resources than TUFC, and sometimes e-mails/post gets missed. Not very often, but sometimes. Plus, it really wouldn't surprise me if frenchie had sent it to the wrong e-mail address. We have customers screaming down the phone at us, when in fact we never received the confirmation due a typo ( they are always fun escalations to deal with!)

All in, I think its been a decent preseason on and off the pitch, not spectacular, but I'm feeling positive about the coming season, and will go to more games this season than last (partly down to economical reasons, partly down to the fact I believe it will be more enjoyable).