The Gulls v Gateshead (away) 9 August 2014

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Greybeardedgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Greybeardedgull »

I'll do it from now on if you want and if someone else decides they want to do it I'll still do it anyway just to be an awkward tw@t.
That Austrian kid had a fertile imagination but I used to get a migraine reading it.
I'm a bit more diplomatic as Jim Royle was, my fuc£in arse.
Not everything I write will be total bollocks.....just most of it.
Total pre-match opinionated bigotry. Enjoy at least until I get banned from the site.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

SDYellow wrote:Lucy, I phoned Steve last night and he said they are fully booked, so a few.

To the game, I honestly have no idea, Gateshead, along with a few other teams have (like us) have bought in many players. I think we will be relatively competitive, we have a stronger squad this year.

Fingers crossed and COYY
Thanks got the reply and info, looking like 150-250.
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Greybeardedgull wrote:I'll do it from now on if you want and if someone else decides they want to do it I'll still do it anyway just to be an awkward tw@t.
That Austrian kid had a fertile imagination but I used to get a migraine reading it.
I'm a bit more diplomatic as Jim Royle was, my fuc£in arse.
Not everything I write will be total bollocks.....just most of it.
Total pre-match opinionated bigotry. Enjoy at least until I get banned from the site.
Wtf. Don't ever do a match preview. This is a family forum
Lucy
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

A difficult start. We're on a hiding to nothing in many respects and I expect us to probably end up losing 2-0.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Preview from the CH on Youtube if you're interested:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Lucy - perhaps you ought to stick to something you understand.
Where did I say that I was surprised we were underdogs? - what I said was I was surprised we were that big a price.
The price we are has nothing do with us having rubbish full backs or Rice in goal. It is a reaction to us being relegated and being absolute shit coupled with Gateshead just missing out on promotion.
Thats why Gateshead are too short and we are too long. If you view the comparative squads there is no way that there should be such a difference in price.
So Gateshead are almost a 50% chance to win this game? - just cant see it myself. I would go around 35% Gateshead 25% Torquay and 40% the draw.
Given that a lay on Gateshead would give me value on my side its a bet worth taking. Of course it doesn't mean that Torquay won't lose but overtime if I bet with value on my side I stand a good chance of coming out in front.
If you need help with anything else don't hesitate to ask.
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

Just a quick heads up, we've had some serious downpours today and flooding all over Yorkshire so brace yourselves for queues on the M1. I'm not sure if the north east has been affected but I imagine they've had similar because of how bad the rain, thunder and lightening has been all day. If you're traveling past Castleford towards Garforth up to York then that's where it's bad at the moment.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Is there are better day than the first day of the football season?
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

I wish I was in Gateshead and not in Thailand.

You don't hear that everyday...

Hats off to all that have made the journey today.

COYY!!
TUST No 278
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Exeters first day has gone from bad to worse! Due to a sickness bug, Tisdale has had to register as a player, that place is a shambles
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

Anyone else watching the Rovers v Grimsby game? Absolutely devoid of any discernable quality from either side. No pace, no width, no real ability, no game plan, no particular control over the ball, nothing.

I can't wait until we're beaten by both...
Pea.
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Pea,

I think Brucie has hacked your account.
Last edited by chardie on 09 Aug 2014, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
TUST No 278
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

Pea wrote:Anyone else watching the Rovers v Grimsby game? Absolutely devoid of any discernable quality from either side. No pace, no width, no real ability, no game plan, no particular control over the ball, nothing.

I can't wait until we're beaten by both...
Its a pretty dull game Mansell is comitted but has put in a few wayward passes. Leadbitter put in a bad tackle which earned him a yellow. other than that there has been terrible touches and a shot missed from 1yrd out (Grimsby's John Lewis)
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Any sign of the teamsheets yet?
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

That missed shot was funny, but the truly hilarious thing was that the commo tried to excuse the miss, explaining that the ball came to him on his 'wrong foot'. As if that matters to a pro from a yard out with no one to beat.
Pea.