Billy Kee

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Billy Kee

Post by Mattpuma »

Moved to Scunny for an undisclosed fee. Hopefully a big one and a nice sell on clause for us!
Tust member 191
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

i cant imagine there will be a sell on clause after all this time. How many years has he been gone. I am a littls surprised he's gone to scunny. Does his family live up there. I thught he left us to be nearer them. Burton was ideal for him from what i read.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

As far as I am aware a sell on clause is not time sensitive. If one was inserted in the sale to Burton, which I believe one was, then any profit they make on reselling the player a percentage will revert to us.
Tust member 191
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Don't we have a 35% sell-on fee of any profit Burton make on him? They paid us £20k so it all depends on how much the undisclosed amount is worth. I'd take a guess at between £50-100k. Certainly not the £1m Peschisolido said he would be worth a few years ago!

Burton - and ourselves - would have been better off had Kee accepted money-bags Crawley's offer the season before last. I'm sure it was about £250k but his stock has fallen a bit since then. Even if it is 'only' £50k we'd still be entitled to £10.5k if the above is accurate - the equivalent of almost 44 fans donating £20 a month for one year to Seale Hayne!
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Crawley offered 700 k for him
DerrifordGreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by DerrifordGreen »

No way are a little club like Burton in any place to reject 700k. That's enough to put together a League 2 Dream team, which leads me to believe it isn't true..

Top little player though, would have to say it's closer to his level in League One.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

One Burton fan has said the fee is £250k. If we do have a 35% sell on of the profit and if he has gone for that kind of fee, then that would be a very nice boost for us. If it allows us to sign 2 full backs then...

I'll wait for Dave Thomas to confirm it though before counting any chickens.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

This old article confirms the 35% sell-on fee: http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/K ... story.html
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

crawley wouldve been too far from his mummy and his little bedroom all decorated with racing cars!!

i'm surprised scunthorpe isnt too far from home for him, and he's obviously never visited the place, if he couldnt settle in one of the most beautiful parts of the country then i cant see him lasting too long in lincolnshire!!
still keeping the faith
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

that article also says that the Big Screen will carry ads, match info & 'scores from elsewhere'......that would be a good feature !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

taxilady wrote:that article also says that the Big Screen will carry ads, match info & 'scores from elsewhere'......that would be a good feature !
It used to sky sports new used to be played at half time (with no sound) that showed the scores. it didnt last long. they should bring that back as sometimes it hard to hear the scores.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

bixieupnorth wrote:crawley wouldve been too far from his mummy and his little bedroom all decorated with racing cars!!

i'm surprised scunthorpe isnt too far from home for him, and he's obviously never visited the place, if he couldnt settle in one of the most beautiful parts of the country then i cant see him lasting too long in lincolnshire!!
I always thought that Scunthorpe had a rugged charm, a bit like my dog's backside. As they say in the advert, if Typhoo put the T in Britain, then who ...... In Scunthorpe. Enjoy the charms of South Humberside Billy and thank you for putting some cash into Torquay's coffers.
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

still 20k is not a lot that we sold him for
35% of 250k is about 90k so that will help financially
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ethantufcbaker wrote:still 20k is not a lot that we sold him for
35% of 250k is about 90k so that will help financially
87.5k, to be precise.. (not that I'm any good at maths.. :~D )