whats your thoughts?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mickey Mouse
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

whats your thoughts?

Post by Mickey Mouse »

I know we are only little Torquay United but I cant help but feel that our beloved club is going downhill, and it seems to be gathering speed.

It was hard enough to watch the club get relegated last season, but to start the new season with so many issues that should of never happened, to me shows why we desperatly need a shake up.

We have had a delay in kit being here to buy, problems with stewards which then ends with a sarcastic post from the safety officer, and a cringeworthy piece on the website asking for £20 a month minimum for the training ground. As the wife pointed out, families in Africa with no food or water are only asking for £3 a month! Next of course we have a club with no email working, and thats not forgetting the fact we lost 3 influential board members and all this in the first few weeks of the season.

But I guess the real question is how to stop the rot and turn it around and give us fans something to really be proud of again.

Personally I think we need a big shake up, with people being replaced with someone who can do the job and not giving out jobs to people because the have played the game or been at the club a long time. Rob Stanley needs to go, if only for his I'm better than you attitude in his sarcastic post. Dean Edwards as good a player as he was is not the kind of commercial and buisness growing brain that we need. Do we need more board members or someone to come in and take over? again I think a chairman rather than a consortium would be better.

I want to be posative, but I also want to see action taken to move the club forwards. Not sitting on our hands watching the rot set in. Chris needs time to see if he can provide for us on the pitch, but we have to look off the pitch too.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Mmm Mickey Mouse.......
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

My thoughts,

Shake up? Possibly, particularly where a non investor has remained whilst experienced, long term, good character investors have left.

Could this post come over as disrespectful to the major investor who has the total and utter respect of most if not all of the TUFC support from both sides of just about every argument there has ever been with regard to the well being of our club?

Definitely.
Mickey Mouse
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Mickey Mouse »

dutch the name came from getting back from Disney after taking the kids. Dunno why I chose it, must have been fresh in the mind lol

Dave, Thea has pumped in lots of money and I'm as greatful as you for that, but she is not a football person and needs either a good team to help her off the pitch (what I'm suggesting) or a new owner who knows what they are doing.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Mickey Mouse wrote:dutch the name came from getting back from Disney after taking the kids. Dunno why I chose it, must have been fresh in the mind lol
If you'd chosen Mickey Van Der Mouse he'd have been happy ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

:lol: :lol:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I think your post is a tad doom and gloom, Mr Mouse !! 'New owners who know what they're doing' don't simply fall out of trees. The Board appealed for an input of new blood (i.e. more money) last season but this was met with a deafening silence. Rob Stanley, Safely Officer, had the guts to hold up his hands and admit the stewards over reacted on Saturday and promised (in writing !) that stewarding will be more sympathetic in future, but he didn't do himself any favours by preaching about what his mother used to tell him. As far as I know, Dean Edwards is doing a decent job as Business Manager. I share your concerns about the three directors with the most business acumen departing and I didn't know about the email not working.

Actually, I'm quite optimistic for the future as we can see what Chris Hargreaves is trying to do. He has brought in young players who can develop into a decent side, plus the Youth System is starting to provide promising players. The two home games so far have been more entertaining than most of the dross that was served up as football last season. We may not be strong enough to challenge for a play off place this season, but I think we will be up there next season.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Gullscorer wrote:
Exactly, Gullscorer !!! :clap:
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

tomogull wrote: As far as I know, Dean Edwards is doing a decent job as Business Manager.
Interesting to note that during the Radio Devon commentary fiasco last week (Breed & Fleet?) - they remarked about the lack of advertising boards along the perimeter fencing!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure somebody can check) but in Saturdays programme, it didn't look like there have been many takers for match sponsorship yet either.

Apart from making cups of tea for the volunteer painters and DIY men, what has Dean Edwards done this summer?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Burnhamgull wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure somebody can check) but in Saturdays programme, it didn't look like there have been many takers for match sponsorship yet either.

Apart from making cups of tea for the volunteer painters and DIY men, what has Dean Edwards done this summer?
Ummm, would he have not had something to do with the kit sponsorship?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

BayGull wrote: Interesting to note that during the Radio Devon commentary fiasco last week (Breed & Fleet?) - they remarked about the lack of advertising boards along the perimeter fencing!
Why a fiasco? Along with Dave Thomas these 2 are the best commentators on Torquay matches. I only heard a few minutes of this game but when I have heard Steve and Chris before they have been really good.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Is this a serious thread? :|

It sounds a bit Minky Mouse to me. ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

chunkygull wrote: Why a fiasco? Along with Dave Thomas these 2 are the best commentators on Torquay matches. I only heard a few minutes of this game but when I have heard Steve and Chris before they have been really good.
I too am puzzled by the use of the word 'fiasco'.

However, while I have no doubt Steve Breed is a great guy and knowledgeable enough about football to be an excellent summariser, he would be the first to admit he is a relative newcomer as a commentator, and I for one feel he could improve the delivery of his commentaries. (Though I'm sure he can and will get better and better).

It may be nitpicking, but what I find grating, and it's only a minor thing which is easily fixed, is that at the end of almost every sentence he raises the pitch of his voice, and to me this sounds unnatural. But if everybody else is alright with this, then fine, it must be me who's out of touch with the way English is spoken these days.

Besides, I'm told my own voice sounds extremely boring, and if the alternative is an Argyle or Excretia commentary, I shouldn't really be complaining.. :~D