Aldershot Town v Torquay United – Saturday 25th October 2014

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Don't worry though everybody.......Hargreaves is the man and will turn this around..... :}
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Pathetic performance, all bar Seabright sounds like a very poor showing by everyone else.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

I am so glad I kept posting my recipe for (H)umble Pie on hold after our good run when it seemed like Hargreaves had begun to understand how to manage.

The last few games have started to repeat the pattern of Jan to April where our "strike" force appear to have no strike.

I am now searching out my recipe for Thought So Crumble :}
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

FT - The Fa cup is over just as it begins
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
T26UFC
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by T26UFC »

So another Saturday and another defeat, The only thing that keeps me going is watching the live scores on BBC Football hoping for a win on a Saturday.....Never mind could be worse I could be in Afghanistan!!!!!!!!!!!! No wait I am. I think we will finish mid table at best, suspensions took the wind out of our sails when we needed to stay on the winning run.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Didn't sound like a battering as some have suggested, more like they took their chances and we didn't. Then again that is a recurring theme. It is hard to tell via radio commentary.
TUST number 080
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

Just shows how far down the toilet we are when Sky and BBC don't even bother to show the scores or results of your team, thanks to the people who travelled to Aldershot as I would have no idea how we got on today.When you look at our side we are a team of young inexpierenced players and when January comes and Young leaves we will be very lucky to keep above the relegation line. With no money and a dwindeling support we will be where we deserve.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Very disappointing-thought we might get a draw today but its been clear in the last few matches that we need strengthening in several positions.
The money from the FA Cup might have allowed us to get a couple of players in-can't see it happening now so hard to see us doing any better than mid table with this squad,
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

frenchgull wrote:when January comes and Young leaves we will be very lucky to keep above the relegation line. With no money and a dwindling support we will be where we deserve.
Sadly there is every chance of this becoming true. I don't think we'll get into a relegation scrap but we could easily lose Young and then find ourselves drifting around in mid table.

Wonder what Hargreaves will say about the defeat?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Burnhamgull wrote:
Wonder what Hargreaves will say about the defeat?
We know what he will say, it is somebody elses fault. Probably wrote it on the coach on the way up ;-)
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

I don't keep stats, but it would be interesting to count how many chances Bowman has missed in the first 5 minutes of games this season.

It feels like every game ....but I am sure that is over kill, but I would expect it to be at least 1 in 2 games.

He does not seem to be the potent striker that we believed Hargreaves had brought in at the beginning of the season. He definitely seems to have lost his way to goal since his suspension.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Gloomy Gull wrote:I don't keep stats, but it would be interesting to count how many chances Bowman has missed in the first 5 minutes of games this season.

It feels like every game ....but I am sure that is over kill, but I would expect it to be at least 1 in 2 games.

He does not seem to be the potent striker that we believed Hargreaves had brought in at the beginning of the season. He definitely seems to have lost his way to goal since his suspension.
And again he was arguing with a team mate according to the radio commentary. This time Toby Ajala who at least seemed to be putting in more effort than Bowman according to Steve Breed.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Just got back. That was dire!!!

2 poor teams, but we had little desire, creativity, accuracy, confidence, skill.

If that had been Rice playing he would have been blamed for both goals by the usual people on here. First one, down the other end but looked like the ball went across the 6 yard area way too easily. 2nd, mmmmmm a hard shot but parried straight to their player. Otherwise he did ok, but 2 goals which would have been blamed on Rice if he had done the same.

Well, is this another bad day at the office, a blip, or was it the refs fault. No... we are an average conference side who went on a good run early in the season.

We have 1 very good player at this level and that's it! A number of decent players and some very average players AT THIS LEVEL! The rest are conference south level and that's being polite.

Can we sneak into a play off place, well yes we could, but that is going to depend on CH getting every ounce out of this squad. Is he up to it, I don't know to be honest, and none of you do either.
TUST MEMBER
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

This defeat will now make new additions to strengthen the team diminish. It's going to be a tough to get in top 5 now. And with income from football league ending this season, next season is going to be even tougher financially. We need strong external investment and quick, otherwise we will simply become a southport.
Lucy