Aldershot Town v Torquay United – Saturday 25th October 2014

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Very good interview actually.
TUST MEMBER
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

stefano wrote: We know what he will say, it is somebody elses fault. Probably wrote it on the coach on the way up ;-)
He'll probably say that even though we lost, it felt like a win, get sacked later in the season and join a team as an assistant manager....

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Scott Brehaut wrote: He'll probably say that even though we lost, it felt like a win, get sacked later in the season and join a team as an assistant manager....

:)
To be fair to CH, after listening to his post match comments, he is livid and has no complaints other than we where crap. Can see seabright having a run of matches as well. It really is a dark day for Torquay United. I personally would have them back in Sunday rather than Monday.
Lucy
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Apart from the woeful performance - one of my biggest concerns is that we have players who clearly do not want to be at TUFC. At the game today for th first time ever at half time I saw Chapell and Pearce sat on the bench arms crossed at half time while all the other subs warmed up. They were then joined by Cameron. Picture attached to prove it. I think this is one of Hargreaves major problems and he knows it. You only had to watch Cameron's contribution after coming on and compare this with Yeoman to see the difference! Just hoping they go in Jan.
Attachments
image.jpg
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

One good thing came out of todays game is all the doubters including me can always look on the Seabright side of life. :)
The boy did well! Lets hope it continues now perhaps Ives will get a game as all I heard on the radio
is that Cruise was struggling. :keepie:
Last edited by arcadia on 25 Oct 2014, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It does seem that this season is imploding as we speak. We are looking like bottom half material. Five out of six defeats against poor opposition is really pathetic.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote:It does seem that this season is imploding as we speak. We are looking like bottom half material. Five out of six defeats against poor opposition is really pathetic.
:goodpost:
Lucy
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

I think people on here are too quick to jump to conclusions about the team and too quick to forget what has happened sometimes. We are on a bad run of form, but this was proceeded by an excellent spell of 10 unbeaten games. All teams will go through bad spells throughout a season

Whilst the defeats to Telford and Alfreton were poor, losing to FGR and Grimsby is not losing to poor opposition. They are probably on a par with where we are, and have aspirations of finishing in the top 5 like we do. To think of them as poor opposition who we should beat is arrogant.

We should also put the recent games into perspective. We played with 10 men for the last half hour at Telford and maybe would have won had we had 11 on the pitch. We also had Downes sent off which disrupted our defensive unit for the next three games, which prior to this had kept 5 straight clean sheets. We then played FGR, who only scored their winner once Richards had been dismissed. Again the result may have been different had he not been. We then had a good result against Wrexham but MacDonald stupidly got himself booked and suspended for Alfreton. CH then made an error in that game by playing Richards at centre back. Had he played Hutchings or even Cruise (or MacDonald not been needless suspended) in there and had a proper defensive unit, the result may have been different. We played well against Grimsby and unfortunately have been let down by individual errors. Today sounds poor from what I have read.

However, most of the previous games are cases of what if. We haven't been outplayed and lost by large margins, and few different variables here and there - better discipline so we played with 11 players, not having key men suspended, playing players in their positions, cutting out errors - and it could be a different story. All the above can be rectified and won't happen every week, and hopefully we will start playing like we did in the previous ten games and picking up better results.

In November we play 6 teams in the current top 12, 3 each home and away. Our performances and results in those will give us a clearer indication of where we are currently and where we can hope to finish. We are only 3 points off playoffs with a game in hand, so despite our recent form we are still comfortably in the mix.

Losing today is a blow. I am not too fussed in terms of not making the first round proper. It's nice to be in the cup and have a good run but the league is the important factor. Today was more disappointing with regards to lost extra income winning in the FA cup brings.

If the situation with Chappell, Pearce and Cameron is true then CH needs to have serious words with all of them. It's unacceptable behaviour and should not be tolerated.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Interesting that those three were with us in the Football League and were a part of the team that got us relegated. If there attitude is one of not wanting to be with us then the only way they will get back in the football league is to get off there asses, earn their money and start playing as they can to get us up and hopefully out of this league in the right direction.

What also angers me is seeing certain players social media sites talking about what tattoos they will have next and the latest football boots they have bought. They obviously don't help to improve this particular players game as he couldn't score in a brothel at the moment,

If only they would concentrate on being professional footballers rather than just acting badly like them

:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Rjc70 wrote:Highlights
A total misnomer.

I note they deftly avoided showing the attempted murder of Richards by their bloke, for which they were awarded a free kick. And people wonder why we have the worst disciplinary record.

Dreadful game best forgotten as quickly as possible. Sorry if that isn't comprehensive enough a report. Perhaps I should add that it was lovely to meet Chris and his mates from over the Pond.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Am with you on that. That assault on Richards was very cardable. Ref seemed to give us a free kick and then, after speaking with the linesman, awarded it the other way. I wondered if we had gobbed off again. Reckon their second might have been offside. Whether it was or not, we were hopeless yearerday. Seabright was good, though.
yellowchipmonk
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by yellowchipmonk »

I think more focus should be placed upon how we manage with some players clearly not wanting to be at the club...
mike86
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by mike86 »

was my first torquay game yesterday was a shame to see a defeat. even though it was a poor performance there was still easily enough chances created to get at least a replay. bowman twice, Cameron, macdonald, yeoman twice, Richards, acheampong all had good chances. I thought macdonald was superb won so much In the air challenged well and had the ability to bring a ball down. thought the back 4 all did pretty well and seabright made a couple of quality saves. I thought the biggest problem was Aldershot totally dominated the centre mid making it so hard for torquay to push up and get a control of game. wakefield for the last half hour looked pretty decent though and was easily the better of the two centre mids however Richards may not have been fully fit after the assault of a tackle he received. Briscoe worked hard had a few really good touches and delivered a few good balls. ajala seemed the best outlet first half and had the ability to beat players but not as much end product. would have liked to have seen yeoman along side acheampong early in second half and left the wide men the same and see how that worked. was surprised with the choices of the subs taken off but I guess if the chances had have been taken by Cameron and yeoman would have looked like great decisions.