Attendences

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Neal wrote:Hey I remember the early 80`s when it was common to see attendances of 1500. The days of the mini stand gee they were the days of Clint Bolton, Ian twitchen. And I remember one cold November I think it was home to Rochdale on a cold Tuesday night, 1300. And we were a league club then!
I remember those day well, also. Can't remember who, think it might have been v Chester there was home gate of something like 983 around the early 1980's for a midweek game, but back then Division four players weren't earning £1000 pw and this is the type of money conference clubs will need to pay to get the best players to drop down out of the league.

Our club probably could sustain professional football on 2,000 gates, but maybe not a successful push back to the Football League with out a rich benefactor.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i still think the club should get into the schools and offer a couple of hundred free tickets in the family stand for a a couple of home games, for kids who havent been to a game before this could get them back for more games , i know they have a few in on a saturday through football in the community but surely it would be worth trying something else,
perhaps andrew candy could comment on this.
Tamargull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Tamargull »

I no longer go every week because I have fallen out of love with the club. Guess I don't believe Hargreaves is the man to take us back into the league. I also have begun to lose interest as a result of lack of ambition shown by the club. Part of the reason for falling and low attendances is the failure of the club to market itself effectively.
What has surprised me is how quickly I have found other things to do on a Saturday afternoon - not even bothering to listen to the matches on the radio anymore. Sorry, but true.
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

I just can't afford it, simple as.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

ferrarilover wrote: Why would you buy a ST for a club you so obviously hate?

Matt.
Read back over the summer posts Matt. You'll see that I wasn't bothered about renewing the ST this year and was considering a ST for Bristol City. The family bought my ticket. Happy not to renew next year though.

I've still done Telford and Chester away this year on top of the homes games I have gone to so I wouldn't consider myself a hater. I'm just not so keen on watching my club sink into obscurity. I don't make TUFC my priority anymore.

Anyone else notice that Ling has landed a coaching job at Tottenham?.........he must be pissing himself with laughter.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

sorry chaps, but once a supporter always a supporter, dont see the pompey fans faslling out of love with there club becuase they have dropped from premier league to near conference, im sorry but supporters stick with there club whatever, my opinion of course . 50 years ive been watching the gulls and will be watching them until they carry me off in my box. :) :scarf:
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Well done Roadrunner, my sentiments entirely but you can see how someone travelling for the home games from North Somerset could be put off by the cost of so many home games on the trot and the time involved. There will be some put off by non league football but you, me the legend Paul B'astard, will almost certainly always be there. I expect Paul would still attend every away game even if they were in the Southern League. The entertainment has been good this season but for some, the demise of league football will affect some - for example those whose travelling commitments are difficult. I suppose people like you and I are always going to be there. I couldn't watch another professional team, just not the same.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Support the club through thick and thin, if you lose the love, you wern't in love :(
Cringeworthy I know, but true!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

Interesting stats about the gates in 2012.in a season we were doing well we were only averaging 500 more home fans than we are now.If I was a board member that would hardly make me want to push the boat out financially.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I'll always support the club, I'll just reduce what I spend on supporting the club.

I'm lucky in that I work all over the country so I get to watch games midweek wherever I am. Tomorrow night I'm at Stamford Bridge.

I can see the point about Pompey fans but Portsmouth will rise again towards the championship. It might not be this year or even next year year but in time they'll go back to where they belong. We, on the other hand, are heading in the other direction and I can see us becoming a steady conference side with ambitions of being a league team.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Tamargull wrote:I no longer go every week because I have fallen out of love with the club. Guess I don't believe Hargreaves is the man to take us back into the league. I also have begun to lose interest as a result of lack of ambition shown by the club. Part of the reason for falling and low attendances is the failure of the club to market itself effectively.
What has surprised me is how quickly I have found other things to do on a Saturday afternoon - not even bothering to listen to the matches on the radio anymore. Sorry, but true.
I can understand your comment about lack of ambition by the club but only time will tell if Chris Hargreaves is the messiah to take us back to League 2. Are average attendances very much lower than last year? I don't know. But what I will say, Tamargull - I am enjoying my football sooooooo much more than last season. Yes - there is a lack of experience in the side but we have a team of young players who put in a shift each week - unlike most of Knill's signings last season.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i feel the club should do some sort of promotional push to get fans in to the boxing day clash with bristol rovers, we need the bay to get behind the team, surely a one off say £10 for home fans and kids free , get a decent crowd in for such a big game. it cant hurt for one game. all ticket for rovers of course.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

ROADRUNNER wrote:i feel the club should do some sort of promotional push to get fans in to the boxing day clash with bristol rovers, we need the bay to get behind the team, surely a one off say £10 for home fans and kids free , get a decent crowd in for such a big game. it cant hurt for one game. all ticket for rovers of course.
Tough one that. It's likely to be a good crowd on Boxing Day, whatever the price.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

There is no way that the club will reduce the BR game ticket prices. It will be the biggest crowd of the season and the best chance the club have of getting good gate receipts. I reckon there will be around 4000 there, if not more. Bristol will bring loads down, especially as its a holiday period game.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

no dont agree, we had less than 4,000 on boxing day last season against rovers , they only brought 800, no trains on boxing day, think its worth a punt, if not try it for another home game, the club needs to do something to get the crowds back, i suggested to get the schools in and fill the family stand for a game or two, some kids who have never been may just come back, so far ive had no answer.