Remaining Fixtures

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
simona
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Remaining Fixtures

Post by simona »

Has this been mentioned before? I don't read everything.

By my reckoning, once we've played Bristol Rovers twice over the holiday period we'll only have four games left to play against teams currently in the top ten over the final third of the season. Only two against teams in the top eight.

That has to be viewed as an opportunity to progress up the table!
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

simona wrote:Has this been mentioned before? I don't read everything.

By my reckoning, once we've played Bristol Rovers twice over the holiday period we'll only have four games left to play against teams currently in the top ten over the final third of the season. Only two against teams in the top eight.

That has to be viewed as an opportunity to progress up the table!
Been saying similar for a while as well. Although its not an excuse there is no doubt that the run of games has been tough. Imo after the end of Feb there is a real chance of going on another pretty good run similar to earlier in the season. Though need to make sure that there are no repeats of the Alfreton and Telford debacles.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Although I do agree with your reasoning, our peformances against lower league teams have been no better than those at the top. After all, we've beaten Grimsby and Barnet away yet lost to Telford and Alfreton.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yes Simona it does have to be viewed as a great opportunity to progress up the League table. As said above though our team has lost to Telford and Alfreton , we have drawn at home with Southport and away to Dartford, as it stands and I know it's pretty meaningless, the picture can change very quickly, but, Lincoln, Welling, Chester and Aldershot are all above us in the current form table, and Altrincham only behind us in the current form table on goal difference.

Only Woking out of our play-off rivals are below us on current form. The point to all that is simple; Nothing is guaranteed, and nothing can or should be taken for granted, our management and players have to get things right on the training ground, there is some evidence to suggest that isn't always the case.

We're in December and we do, it's the truth we have some players who don't look fit and are overweight, criminal, regardless of injuries and lay offs, who remembers what Rene Howe looked like when he arrived at the club, by December, he'd slimed down by 25% plus and looked twice the player , their are protein led diets with correct cardio/strength training that can help anyone lose weight safely over a short space of time, we have at least two players who don't seem to be doing this. And continued defensive lapses at the back have to be cut out, that's what the training ground is for.

To progress up the table, the team have to start preparing right for every game, I'm sure the board would give Chris Hargreaves more money if they could, but, overnight stops for away match's, Halifax had one last week when they visited us, ok they lost, and it doesn't guarantee any thing, but would help, both mentally and with injuries.

We, also have to get the players mentality right as well, no point rocking up at Plainmoor thinking it's Telford today three points in the bag, our team have to give every opposition the correct due respect, they're all capable of beating us. Referee's, all my days, Chris Hargreaves has to stop bleating on about the standard of refereeing , the players and us fans have to stop blaming the refs and feeling so gord damn sorry for ourselves every time the referee gives a free kick the other way, sometimes, the ref, is actually right.

As I said to my own U18 team, and would say the same to any team including TUFC given the chance, you will come up against a referee from time to time, who seems to be against you, while your out there moaning and groaning, the other team are getting on with and slamming the ball in the back of your net, you as a team might think the referee is a cock, he may well be cock, you do get them at all levels, but deal with it, and the best way to do that is to up your own game and win. So if we want a play-off place and promotion, I invite all at our club to read all of the above.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

forevertufc wrote:Yes Simona it does have to be viewed as a great opportunity to progress up the League table. As said above though our team has lost to Telford and Alfreton , we have drawn at home with Southport and away to Dartford, as it stands and I know it's pretty meaningless, the picture can change very quickly, but, Lincoln, Welling, Chester and Aldershot are all above us in the current form table, and Altrincham only behind us in the current form table on goal difference.

Only Woking out of our play-off rivals are below us on current form. The point to all that is simple; Nothing is guaranteed, and nothing can or should be taken for granted, our management and players have to get things right on the training ground, there is some evidence to suggest that isn't always the case.

We're in December and we do, it's the truth we have some players who don't look fit and are overweight, criminal, regardless of injuries and lay offs, who remembers what Rene Howe looked like when he arrived at the club, by December, he'd slimed down by 25% plus and looked twice the player , their are protein led diets with correct cardio/strength training that can help anyone lose weight safely over a short space of time, we have at least two players who don't seem to be doing this. And continued defensive lapses at the back have to be cut out, that's what the training ground is for.

To progress up the table, the team have to start preparing right for every game, I'm sure the board would give Chris Hargreaves more money if they could, but, overnight stops for away match's, Halifax had one last week when they visited us, ok they lost, and it doesn't guarantee any thing, but would help, both mentally and with injuries.

We, also have to get the players mentality right as well, no point rocking up at Plainmoor thinking it's Telford today three points in the bag, our team have to give every opposition the correct due respect, they're all capable of beating us. Referee's, all my days, Chris Hargreaves has to stop bleating on about the standard of refereeing , the players and us fans have to stop blaming the refs and feeling so gord damn sorry for ourselves every time the referee gives a free kick the other way, sometimes, the ref, is actually right.

As I said to my own U18 team, and would say the same to any team including TUFC given the chance, you will come up against a referee from time to time, who seems to be against you, while your out there moaning and groaning, the other team are getting on with and slamming the ball in the back of your net, you as a team might think the referee is a cock, he may well be cock, you do get them at all levels, but deal with it, and the best way to do that is to up your own game and win. So if we want a play-off place and promotion, I invite all at our club to read all of the above.

:goodpost: :clap: :clap: :clap: