Ideas for Mr Candy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

gullsdiv2 wrote:I take that on board Scott but this wasn't an issue during our fairly successful seasons under Buckle, the board found the time then, now when the club is in dire straits they seem to be hiding away from the fans, I don't find this acceptable, we lost 500 fans last week within 3 days between the Accrington and Burton game, and after today's result will no doubt lose more, the board needs to be doing everything they can to appease the fans, I bet if there was a poll on whether a fans forum was needed or not, 90% would say yes, a lot of people want answers! This season has been a disgrace!
:goodpost:

At the very least, come out with a rallying cry!
Where's the leadership when you need it most!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Andy I saw in the programme on Saturday you were talking about a fans forum before the season is out - I think this is a good idea and a great way of creating a better 'relationship' between fans and the club officials. Obviously it's a shame it's come about in our current position but it's something I would definitely want to go to, I think.

I remember the one in 2007 with Keith Richardson and Colin Lee which I think over 300(?) fans went to, and it was held at the Riviera Centre. Hope to see some more news soon regarding this.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

As the crowd dwindles would it be a good idea to close the stand behind the goal and reduce the number of stewards as the number we have for our supporters is rediculous. It would then condense the crowd.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

arcadia wrote:As the crowd dwindles would it be a good idea to close the stand behind the goal and reduce the number of stewards as the number we have for our supporters is rediculous. It would then condense the crowd.
I wouldn't have thought it was a good idea. It would very likely piss off the regular users of the Family Stand (and there are many including many season ticket holders who have chosen their seat in that stand) and reduce our attendances even further.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

stefano wrote: I wouldn't have thought it was a good idea. It would very likely piss off the regular users of the Family Stand (and there are many including many season ticket holders who have chosen their seat in that stand) and reduce our attendances even further.
Fair play it was just a thought when you see all the empty seats.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

arcadia wrote: Fair play it was just a thought when you see all the empty seats.
Yes I knew what you were thinking when you suggested it, but it does seem to be a stand where the regulars do not move about to other parts of the ground. I do. I have watched from the Family Stand this season, had one excursion to Bristows Bench (too high made me giddy! ;-) ), and on the Popside choose different positions (mind you I have been told by a bloke in a 2000 crowd that I was standing in his spot!). Let's start winning and whilst we won't regularly fill the ground at least it will feel a bit more 'homely' ;-)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Why not dispense with the stewards all together. They are a complete and utter bunch of wankers. Four minutes into the game on saturday one of the orange jacket idiots walked up the steps towards the back of Bristows Bench. I was sat in a row of seats with a load of spaces either side.
The steward walked in to the empty row of seats and stood right in front of me blocking my view of the game and started talking to to someone in the back row.
Havn't got the first clue what the issue was but the steward starting saying to the bloke "I'll radio through and let them know - or something like that"
I asked the steward if he would mind moving out of the way because he was blocking my view of the game.
That was it - he then started waving his finger in front of my face, Voice raised. "You shouldn't be listening - its nothing to do with you"
I then asked him if he was bored or something. I said that I had paid £21 to get in and wanted to watch the match.
More finger waving. He then shouted "I don't care"
I then started laughing at him. Seeing he was losing face he then turned and walked off.
Really these people are a complete bunch of power crazed morons who just try and bully people. Stand up to them and they don't know how to react - they are clueless.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

....and to follow on from brucie....you just can't offer that up today. Crap football, crap environment, crap stewards, crap everything else - and what is the crowd going to be tonight! Like brucie, you ask yourself: Why should I put up with his? Incidentally, have you ever been in the pop side bogs? And this is 2014!
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

Probably come up numerous times, but as we're in the Conference and we have more than enough room in the bench, home fans given the away end?
We'll be back...
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi Sam,
Its not so much about room, more about saving money on stewarding. I know the arguments about atmosphere but unless it is a crucial game the financial arguments will always take precedence.
Thanks.
Andrew
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Hi Andy,

Any chance of a fans forum sometime over the next couple of weeks with CH, LH, Thea, yourself and some other board members? I think this would be an opportunity to try and bridge the gap between board + fans, and I imagine there's some interesting questions that supporters will have for certain people. Obviously theres limits as to what information can and can't be shared in public, but at the same time I think a fans forum would be a good idea and may ease the tensions some fans may have with the way the clubs run at the minute.

Cheers.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

As we have been reading today there are many posts from fans concerned about the club's ambitions for the future.
Might I be so bold to ask through you to suggest to Mrs Bristow that a New Year message to supporters be issued along the lines of the Club's hopes not only for the rest of the season but also for 2015. Also what support can the Board give to the manager in the transfer window.
Your help would be appreciated.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I really hope my previous post hasn't fallen on deaf ears.
Exeter City's Board has issued a statement on their website explaining their future plans should one of their players (Matt Grimes?) be sold in the transfer window.
This, in my opinion and I would suggest that of many other Torquay supporters, is how to inter-act with the Club's
fans.
A New Year message from the Chairman about hopes and plans for 2015 and support for the manager can't be too much to ask.
I really hope Andrew that you can draw attention to this in order to halt the worrying decline in people coming through the turnstiles.
Thank you in anticipation.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi Nick,
I have drawn the Chairman's attention to some of the concerns being expressed on different fans forums and Thea is fully aware that there is a desire to see new players brought in. I imagine these matters will be discussed as part of the business of the next Board meeting which is scheduled for a couple of weeks time. I cannot say at this point whether anything is likely to change as a result, but I will continue to keep the Board aware of the feelings being voiced by fans on forums and those that approach the Club direct. I am sorry that I cannot be more specific at the moment.
Best regards,
Andrew
nottsoathletic
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Roscoe D'Sane

Post by nottsoathletic »

Kids for a quid. It amazes me why the board don't do this because it would encourage young fans to come watch some (all be it poor) local football, take dad too and get him to buy a burger and a bottle of coke and he's spent the best part of a tenner.