Angus Incident

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Angus Incident

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Has apologiesed and been fined

Swift action, now lets move on!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Good swift reaction from player and club ....well done both.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Shame this happened he's been one of few players to come out of this season with any credit, again if we had the characters and leaders within this group this incident would never have happened.
LocalGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chappell

Post by LocalGull »

Nice to hear sorted quickly and put to bed. Fair play for him to come out and apologise.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

As stated a swift decision made by the club. Let's just move on and support the lad. We all make mistakes and learn from them in most cases. His fine probably means he is on the bread line for the next few weeks.
Lucy
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Glad that it's sorted, he is young and IMO is one of our players most likely to improve.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

royalgull wrote:Shame this happened he's been one of few players to come out of this season with any credit, again if we had the characters and leaders within this group this incident would never have happened.
This is, of course, complete tripe. I guess if there had been some leaders in that Man Utd team, Cantona wouldn't have done what he did to that mouthy **** from Wimbledon or Crysstal Palace or whoever? Christ, there were plenty of leaders in the Torquay side during the days of dear old Dave Harris getting offered out by both Carlisle and Robertson within the space of a couple of seasons.

Have a little think about it: you're having a shitty day and some **** starts having a pop, how do you react?

We've had this a lot in the past on here. You CAN'T give it a load of old mouth, then complain when someone gives it back. It's bugger all to do with a lack of leadership and everything to do with a normal bloke reacting normally to an abnormal situation. That he's been fined for it is perfectly ok, provided that anyone from the other side of the coin identified by the club as being involved is similarly punished.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

ferrarilover wrote: This is, of course, complete tripe. I guess if there had been some leaders in that Man Utd team, Cantona wouldn't have done what he did to that mouthy tw*t from Wimbledon or Crysstal Palace or whoever? Christ, there were plenty of leaders in the Torquay side during the days of dear old Dave Harris getting offered out by both Carlisle and Robertson within the space of a couple of seasons.

Have a little think about it: you're having a shitty day and some **** starts having a pop, how do you react?

We've had this a lot in the past on here. You CAN'T give it a load of old mouth, then complain when someone gives it back. It's bugger all to do with a lack of leadership and everything to do with a normal bloke reacting normally to an abnormal situation. That he's been fined for it is perfectly ok, provided that anyone from the other side of the coin identified by the club as being involved is similarly punished.

Matt.
GOOD SHOUT
Angus would be my player of the season if there was one! I hear they are issuing dummies for anybody shouting abuse at the next home game. :keepie:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

ferrarilover wrote: you're having a shitty day and some **** starts having a pop, how do you react?

Matt.

I tell Bartlett to FARK ARFF

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

As for Angus MacDangerous, looks for afters on and now off the pitch aswell. An undisciplined liability and not the only one in a squad that lacks basic satisfactory management.

Forgive? Oh all right then, but I don't forget.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

ferrarilover wrote:That he's been fined for it is perfectly ok, provided that anyone from the other side of the coin identified by the club as being involved is similarly punished.

Matt.
I'd go along with that. The amount of stick he was getting was ridiculous and I genuinely felt ashamed to be stood near some of the fools who were getting involved. You expect it from away fans, but your own supporters? Madness.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I wonder if we'll also get an apology from the manager for Saturday's totally shambolic performance cos that's where the buck stops !
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

tomogull wrote:I wonder if we'll also get an apology from the manager for Saturday's totally shambolic performance cos that's where the buck stops !
I always thought the buck stops with the club's directors, but no, apparently not, it's not just them. It also stops with the so-called supporters, who either do nothing but whinge and criticise or never bother to turn up to support their team. If we had regular crowds of 5000 at Plainmoor there'd be no problem, the money would be there to support a Football League team. Unfortunately we rarely had more than that even in the successful Div.3/League One seasons. Perhaps we, and I, expect too much.. :-/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

ferrarilover wrote: This is, of course, complete tripe. I guess if there had been some leaders in that Man Utd team, Cantona wouldn't have done what he did to that mouthy tw*t from Wimbledon or Crysstal Palace or whoever? Christ, there were plenty of leaders in the Torquay side during the days of dear old Dave Harris getting offered out by both Carlisle and Robertson within the space of a couple of seasons.

Matt.
I actually agree with a lot of this, my point being that I believe if we had some strong leadership in this team then Angus may have been protected a little bit more or someone may have stepped in before it escalated to what it did. But I accept the rest of your point, I don't think Angus is or has shown any evidence of being that mentally unstable as say Cantona was even before the kung fu kick!

I actually think good for Gus telling these idiots where to go, criticism is fine especially when as a group we are under performing so badly but if you dish out abuse then you have to be prepared to take it back.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

Nearly 3,000 people turned up to support Torquay on Saturday and what did they get in return?
An abysmal performance by a team half of whom didn't look interested.
We will never get 5,000 again to support the home team not after the last 3 seasons rubbish.
Yes an apology from CH would have been nice before he rode off into the sunset.