Peter Masters

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

Richinns wrote: Depends on how much revenue will be lost through re-arranged games. We all know the drainage issues with our pitch and with the men's, ladies and Truro playing on it combined with a wet winter then there could be hell on!

Are you concerned about the quality of football that might be produced on a sub standard pitch?

I thought most people here think that the standard couldn't get any worse even if they tried!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

forevertufc wrote:Anyway it still being suggested elsewhere this whole Masters thing is dead in the water, and that there is a group of genuine TUFC fans wishing to take control of the club, who would we really refer, I know my answer.
I'd much rather have a group of people who know how to run a business and have experience with a football club than a bunch of fans who've might not have a clue about how to run anything.

Of course, the preference is to have both, but if it's a digital choice I know which way I'd go - assuming the proper assurances were made, of course.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Richinns wrote:Peter Master's responds to the rumours on a Truro fans site:
"Mikey thanks for your kind comments. It's no secret that I have been in talks with Torquay and others on a possible ground share for next season in the event our planning application is delayed in June. In fact I was at Plainmoor today discussing the finer details. I sincerely hope the ground share will not be required but it remains a possibility until a decision is made on Treyew Road and Silver Bow."
http://www.trurocityfc.net/forum/genera ... 14493.html

Ground sharing Plainmoor with Truro? GREAT!

So Masters has never had any interest in buying the club, someone just saw him go in to talk about a ground share and put two and two together. The local rag then reported this as 'news' without checking a second source and so it became gospel!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Wouldn't disagree with that Happytorq. Unless this Peter Masters is completely bullshitting it appears that he is not attempting to buy the club, and he simply could not buy our club with out dispensing his co-ownership of Truro City, as said yesterday I could come up with a couple of theories that perhaps wouldn't have been that good for our club, yet, read a number of our fans creaming themselves over the thought of this guy buying our club on FB, not sure some will ever learn.

If this Peter Masters isn't as it appears trying to buy our club, then the sort of person/persons you're/we're are after Happy in my view doesn't exist, and leads me once again to believe the only groups looking at taking control of the club, are a group of four of our current board of directors, or this fans group.

The identity of one of this fans group was revealed on another website, I do not know this person so feel it's not my place to post his name on here, if someone else does that's up to them, I do however know who this person is, we all do, he does run what I believe to be a successful business, as soon as I read his name I straight away presumed another TUFC fan and local business man will be part of this group, so I think it's safe to say they will not lack in business experience.

Lack of experience in how to run football club only becomes a problem if the people concerned allow it to become a problem, our current board did, by not involving someone with the genuine experience and knowledge required, if they had I fully believe our club would not be in a mess it is today, if the name revealed is correct and the person I'm speculating on is also correct, they're not mega rich people, but, I know they would make absolutely the right decisions for the best of our club, and there would be TUFC for us to support, currently if things do not change quickly I wouldn't like to guarantee that. But my, didn't Yellowfest go well.

One thing that isn't lost on me, it's now May 14th, June 2nd is coming thick and fast, as far as I can see the club as yet hasn't even set a season ticket price let alone sold one, unless those charged with running the club wake up soon, start to move and shake things, our club is in a very fast car, driving right towards a very thick brick wall.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

forevertufc wrote:Wouldn't disagree with that Happytorq. Unless this Peter Masters is completely bullshitting it appears that he is not attempting to buy the club, and he simply could not buy our club with out dispensing his co-ownership of Truro City, as said yesterday I could come up with a couple of theories that perhaps wouldn't have been that good for our club, yet, read a number of our fans creaming themselves over the thought of this guy buying our club on FB, not sure some will ever learn.

If this Peter Masters isn't as it appears trying to buy our club, then the sort of person/persons you're/we're are after Happy in my view doesn't exist, and leads me once again to believe the only groups looking at taking control of the club, are a group of four of our current board of directors, or this fans group.

The identity of one of this fans group was revealed on another website, I do not know this person so feel it's not my place to post his name on here, if someone else does that's up to them, I do however know who this person is, we all do, he does run what I believe to be a successful business, as soon as I read his name I straight away presumed another TUFC fan and local business man will be part of this group, so I think it's safe to say they will not lack in business experience.

Lack of experience in how to run football club only becomes a problem if the people concerned allow it to become a problem, our current board did, by not involving someone with the genuine experience and knowledge required, if they had I fully believe our club would not be in a mess it is today, if the name revealed is correct and the person I'm speculating on is also correct, they're not mega rich people, but, I know they would make absolutely the right decisions for the best of our club, and there would be TUFC for us to support, currently if things do not change quickly I wouldn't like to guarantee that. But my, didn't Yellowfest go well.

One thing that isn't lost on me, it's now May 14th, June 2nd is coming thick and fast, as far as I can see the club as yet hasn't even set a season ticket price let alone sold one, unless those charged with running the club wake up soon, start to move and shake things, our club is in a very fast car, driving right towards a very thick brick wall.
This. Well said.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Well those at TQ1 must believe there will be a club playing next season as the OS reports a PSF in July against Tiverton with more to be announced over the coming week.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

A situation where TUFC went out of business and not playing at all next season is some way beyond the worse case scenario, and one I do not see happening, the club losing it's place in the National League premier division would be the absolute worst case scenario, could happen, but unlikely, but no club can finalise it's budgets with uncertainty over it's ownership and at our level with out the vital early bird season ticket sales, money used to fund the club over the close/pre-season.

We were told a week ago things would be done Friday/Monday they were not, a post appeared on here a couple of days ago saying someone close to Thea says it done and dusted, it appears not. Will our club be asked to provide a financial guarantee for next season, I do not know, can the club cover it, I do not know that either.

One thing I can see is a Blackpool scenario emerging at TUFC if things are not sorted with in days, CH will start to miss out on targets who will not be able to wait and go elsewhere, and we'll end up in pre-season like Blackpool with out a squad, having to speculate on left overs.
Last edited by Dave on 14 May 2015, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

When ever do people at TQ1 know whats going on !!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

PhilGull wrote:
So Masters has never had any interest in buying the club, someone just saw him go in to talk about a ground share and put two and two together. The local rag then reported this as 'news' without checking a second source and so it became gospel!

On the other hand, I cannot see anywhere there where he has actually vehemently denied any interest in buying TUFC ... he has simply given another reason as to why he might have been "spotted" at Plainmoor yesterday! Clearly, IF he were in protracted discussions (as suggested by the Herald Express) then he would have a very good reason not to want to make Truro City fans aware until he felt the time was right, if indeed at all if the takeover doesn't proceed.

As an aside, his involvement in the takeover was hinted at on another fans site - BEFORE "someone just saw him go in to talk about a ground share" yesterday ...
KeithMalone
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by KeithMalone »

Thea has said she will bankroll the club until 30 June. If I was a prospective investor, knowing the club was losing money, I would take advantage of Thea's generosity and not be taking over until 30 June. Lets face it in the next 6 weeks the club isn't going to be making much money.

I think some people need to understand the 'beautiful game' ceased to exist a little while ago now and instead we live in a world where the club is first and foremost a business with the obligation to provide entertainment second (some would say this has been shown very well the past 2 seasons!). I know that entertainment levels may lead to increases in finances, however first and foremost any prospective buyer needs to get the bottom line showing a positive figure and if that means taking a few steps backwards then so be it.

Mr Masters maybe onto something whereby if Truro and Torquay can play in the same stadium the overheads are significantly reduced and therefore the bottom line positive figure maybe easier to achieve for whoever is owner of Torquay United. The idea of a ground share even in the short term in my eyes is positive news!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I've read two posts made by Peter Masters on the official Truro City forum as linked by Richinns, both posts made by PM do not suggest he is about to the dirty on Truro City in fact quite the opposite, we already know Masters can not have ownership of Both Truro and TUFC at the same time, so if Masters is about to/or does the dirty on Truro City and take ownership of TUFC, do we really want someone owning our club who is capable of such a thing, and to tell damn right lies about the process, after all what would happen if a bigger, sweeter venture than TUFC came along for Masters.

See where you're coming from KeithMalone, however the date of June 30th would be absolutely to late for anyone taking over the club with the best intentions, and such a person/persons would know that, the club is currently in limbo and will be until the ownership situation is sorted, no season ticket sales, no budgets set etc, etc, June 30th I think is after pre-season training starts, that can not be allowed to happen.

As for a ground share, I do not see many positives in this , we all know there are drainage problems with the pitch, we had a couple of postponements last season and to be fair it hardly rained, certainly nothing like the rain fall of the season before, 46 games played at Plainmoor will create numerous postponements at a cost x £1,000's a time, and pretty much wipe out any money brought in for the ground share.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

A ground share with Truro City.............................TRURO CITY???

How far is this club falling?....fear not people, we've managed to tie Tiverton Town down to a friendly......

So depressed by how this club has fallen in recent years.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Burnhamgull wrote:A ground share with Truro City.............................TRURO CITY???

How far is this club falling?....fear not people, we've managed to tie Tiverton Town down to a friendly......

So depressed by how this club has fallen in recent years.
I know. How ridiculous of the club to enter into negotiations with something that might provide an additional revenue stream. How dare the club even consider an arrangement that clubs like Cheltenham and Bury have managed for years
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Well, if Peter Masters was, as has been suggested, the man behind the "preferred bid" you have to wonder who on earth gave him that option - particularly at the expense of not only TUST but it seems the other "local" consortium made up of proper TUFC fans!!!

When you read his views on TUFC, or more importantly Truro City FC, it is pretty clear that he doesn't give a toss what happens at TUFC - his only interest seems to be in Truro.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32738871

It could well be that the " powers that be" at TUFC have just wasted months of their time in backing Masters' bid by giving it exclusivity when it would appear (on face value at least) that his "interest" as such was barely a passing one and we have been played as second fiddle to his first love - Truro City, it appears. In other words, it appears TUFC have been the victim of a "time waster" as far as I can see - something which the club can ill afford given the knife edge it appears to be on, and WE deserve a lot, lot better!

The lack of information coming out of the club is indeed INSULTING - as indicated by TUST - but sadly something we have come to expect from the current owners, who seem to have all forgotten that they were all "just fans" themselves once! I do wonder whether certain individuals at TUFC are more interested in protecting their position and status at TUFC rather than actually concentrating on saving OUR (not THEIR!) football club.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Hang on - on one page we are lambasting the HE for lazy journalism - claiming that Masters is part of the mystery consortium when he had just been spotted at Plainmoor to talk about a groundshare.

Then on the next, we are slagging the club off for making him the preferred bidder.

I've not seen anything, anywhere, that confirms that Masters is anything to do with any consortium. He says he is "aware of our situation", but from what I read he is just trying to secure a deal for his club - Truro City.

So apart from some idle rumours, I've seen nothing on here from anyone that confirms to me that anyone knows who the preferred bidders are, and whether the deal is dead or not.