Pre-Season Friendly

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Ashley, Ashley, Ashley, are we going to have another great preseason and then be practically non existant in the actual season I wonder?

I know it was only Galmpton, but its a cracking start!! Anyone know who was in the squad, starting line up, etc? Also, just out of interest, how low down in the pyramid are Galmpton, i'm just curious?
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Yeoman scored 5?

Wow. He's a quarter of the way to 20 for the season, then haha!

:clap:
TUST member 200 ;-)
Markh84
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brendan Moore

Post by Markh84 »

I'm pretty sure Galmpton are Penisula East. Yeoman played well he took his goals well. We tried to get the ball down and play which was nice to see. We played some good stuff at times.

Geohagen played centre half and was captain. He had a decent game. He is a beast of a player too. Apparently he is signing for us this week.

Our number 9 who played right midfield was very impressive. He scored a hatrick and was always looking to beat his man and get a cross in. He is come trial from a premier league club apparently.

All in all a good performance. Now onto Dartmouth on Saturday.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Galmpton are South West peninsula league division 1 East, put simply 1 step above the South Devon premier league, 2 steps below Buckland Athletic. Saturdays Opponents Dartmouth are S-D-L premier division although are paying players next season in a bid to gain peninsula league status.

Think these games are important more for building some community spirit, and perhaps an early pre-season cobweb removal exercise, can't think Cox will learn that much, other than the players should shine against this level of opposition, any that didn't need cutting loose and quick.

http://www.swpleague.co.uk/div-1-east/table/

Dartmouth last season.

http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPubli ... =316369219
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Geogaghan is a man mountain, huge throw on him, probably the best we'll be able to afford although I don't think he's that great defensively! Was impressed with the number 9 on the wing, think he scored 2 or 3 times, beat his man every time, number 2 who started at right back and then moved into defensive midfield also looked very assured and knew how to pick a pass, weren't impressed with number 12 who I believe was nardiello? Couldn't beat a man, couldn't pass and couldn't shoot! Was the centre half paired with geogaghan odofin? Thought he did well. Opposition were poor but still a good win! Think yeoman deserves a contract and to actually start games! Not be thrown on when we're losing with ten minutes to go like Hargreaves did so many times!
Gashtufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by Gashtufc »

Geohagen would be a good signing I believe for the budget that
We have another no nonsense player you know what you get from him :)
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Sounds like Geohaghon could become another Branston - OK he's past his prime but turns in one great season for us.

Bit concerned about his pace (he must be in his 50s now - OMG he's only 30) and concerned about his disciplinary record? Not to mention about spelling his surname :-/
TUST member 200 ;-)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Geogaghan , played centre back along side Branston for Kettering in the 2008-9 season, seem to remember them being the only central defensive pairing to keep Tim Sills quiet that season, back then I'd have loved to see us sign Geogaghan , to honest I'd rather see him playing for us, than against.

Is he past his rime at 30 ? Really, not sure about that, think there's plenty a player at 30 who'd argue with that, could be a player who fits our clubs budget, brings experience, and a big strong lad to boot, would happy as a fan to see him signed up.
Formerly known as forevertufc
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

http://m.westernmorningnews.co.uk/star- ... story.html

Stu James appears to have done some digging on SOME of the trialists. Hopefully some of them sign on the dotted line by the sounds of it!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Some interesting names in that report. I'm really getting quite excited! Exodus must be nailed on having played in Cox's last Conference promotion team...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Views of an FGR fan on Maduako and Alabi:

"Poor Maduako played a pre-season game for us on trial a couple of years back in a 5-3 defeat to Yeovil. Had a nightmare, gifted them an early goal, scored an awful og and nearly scored another one before being subbed off. One of the worst performances I've seen from a triallist in quite a while, other then some American lad who didn't know how to take throw-ins."

"Alabi was Pennock's first signing, on loan from Stoke. He's got good physical attributes and is pretty quick, but was a bit raw and lacked an end product. Might have matured and improved now though."

Also - "Hutchinson might be Ben Hutchinson? Was at Mansfield for 2 or 3 years under Cox"
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Here's the who's who of the trialists.

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Tor ... story.html

Click on it if only to see Geohaghon's amazing long throw! Rory Delap eat your heart out!

Also, Gulliball, I don't think it was Ben Hutchinson playing as apparently our Hutchinson looked a lot younger than 27. (As most of the squad did!)

So do we want to sign any of this lot? And can you judge them just one on game against Galmpton?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Does anyone have some useful info about tomorrows fixture at Dartmouth ref parking or walking from the ferry ?
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

It's a very long walk from the ferry as Longcross is at the top of the hill at Townstal. However there are regular buses from the Boatfloat area. If you want a drink either get one at the ground or have one in the town, to the best of my knowledge there isn't anywhere else to get a drink in Townstal since the Nelson closed about a couple of decades ago.

Disclaimer: I lived in Dartmouth in the 80's so am a bit out of date!
TUST No 278
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Career breaker for yeoman I think
Lucy