Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Southampton Gull wrote:
I thought you were nailed on to get the job until I realised you'd been talking to the wrong person................
When I spoke to you a few weeks ago I realized that you don't watch many games and by the way the people who know me are well aware that I have no interest in getting involved with football as this is a young mans game now.

This club need to control the spending not throw it at a manager as there are no guarantees in football, money helps but when the future of the club is involved you don't take the risks this board have with Cox not on contract. Perhaps I don't know who chooses the manager I'm not really interested in that what I do on here is give my view I really don't give a s--- what you think but recently you've put decent posts are you ill.
Oh by the way I could have done a better job than the pair of them did Saturday as how I look at it is professionally and the club has amateurs running it
through no fault of their own and I will support them until we get out of this mess.
Last edited by arcadia on 21 Sep 2015, 23:31, edited 2 times in total.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

If I am reading the situation correctly, Cox has been tapped up by another club. He then tries to force a early resolve to his "expenses only" deal. The board call his bluff but Cox resigns leaving the car keys on the table. Dean then offers Ramshaw his support and helps out on match day whereby we get hammered, Dean feels partly responsible for the mess as he recommended Cox to the club. Dean finally falls on his sword in order to free up vital monies so that a proper deal can be offered to the next manager.

Bring on the next victim!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Oliver
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Spiess

Post by Oliver »

Cox did the same thing at Mansfield..fell out with Murray, who is now the manager at Field Mill, sent Murray to play for an lower non-league side, then threw his toys out of the pram when Chairman Radford got Murray back in...
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Oliver wrote:Cox did the same thing at Mansfield..fell out with Murray, who is now the manager at Field Mill, sent Murray to play for an lower non-league side, then threw his toys out of the pram when Chairman Radford got Murray back in...
Is that the same Adam Murray who played for us at one time - midfielder? Damn good player.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Yes, Tomo. It is the same Adam Murray. He wasn't with us for long. I think he left due to 'homesickness'.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

hector wrote:Yes, Tomo. It is the same Adam Murray. He wasn't with us for long. I think he left due to 'homesickness'.

He left because Chris Roberts needed the money to pay Bateson his instalment, did he not? Think we got about £10,000 if memory serves.
Oliver
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Spiess

Post by Oliver »

Yes same Adam Murray. He appointed Murray as his assistant and Ramshaw was coach. But When Murray seemed to be coming up with the good ideas, Cox fell out with him as it looked like Murray knew what he was doing more than Cox did. So Cox farmed him out and promoted Ramshaw to Assistant.
Murray of course is now doing a decent job as Manager at Stags.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Cox has released his statement.
There's still something I'd be interested in knowing. What are these agreed terms that were not being adhered to? I imagine there's a lot more Cox could reveal but has been advised or has decided not to.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Why would the board get back into contact with Cox knowing full well they couldn't offer him anything? Does this mean the money saved by DE resigning is still not enough to get a decent manager in at this level on a contract?
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Well someone's telling porkies, aren't they? Messrs breed and Philips or Cox? You pays your money you takes yer choice!
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Don't get why Ramshaw has stayed then if he knows there isn't any money for him either??

All very confusing!!!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

IF this statement is on the money then we obviously cannot afford to pay a replacement manager unless they accept 'magic beans'. Even with Dean resigning it seems his wage cannot be offered to Paul Cox.
Let's not kid ourselves - the most important thing is keeping the club in this league and we cannot afford to pay a manager to do so.
The 'books are in order' does not ring true does it!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

well we had a manager we weren't paying, so assuming we can talk somebody else into the same sort of deal, then yes, the books are in order.
The gulls are going up
Costa1
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Smith

Post by Costa1 »

I'd caution you all to take Oliver's insights with a pinch of salt. He's an "interested party", shall we say.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

Who's Oliver?