Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dockers Pal
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves

Post by Dockers Pal »

Neal,
:goodpost:
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I am totally confused and have a headache.

Mushrooms normally like shit but there is one on this forum seemingly intent on just stirring it. Why the sudden obsession with lease reversion clauses and the Twitter account of Mrs Cox. Ex managers trying to explain themselves ( but failing miserably ).
A team playing with two managers with conflicting views and no defence. You really couldn't write this stuff.

It's been a totally totally crazy week. I wonder what the odds are on a 4-0 home win are tonight.? Perhaps then we could all move on.

Added in 1 hour 20 minutes 13 seconds:
Okay 4-1 then.
Oliver
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Spiess

Post by Oliver »

I have no interest in the ground...have just stated facts as I know them regarding Paul Cox the person, and his habit of walking out on clubs. That's it.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Oliver wrote:I have no interest in the ground...have just stated facts as I know them regarding Paul Cox the person, and his habit of walking out on clubs. That's it.

Paul Cox the person - after our last two manager, Gulls fans have appreciated his straight talking and honesty. He had every right to walk out because the club were not able to offer him a contract. You may or may not know, he has been working on an 'expenses only' basis since he came to the club. The club even tried to get him to come back after last Saturday's debacle but they were still not able to offer a contract. Perhaps he was asking for too much, we don't know. Paul Cox has brought some decent players, and maybe one or two dogs, to the club so however this season pans out, he will have the respect of most Torquay fans and will be wished good luck wherever he ends up.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Jerry wrote:Another scenario: As all of these new posters who are so interested in the ownership of our ground all seem to have some connection or knowledge of Paul Cox, was he actually here as some kind of stalking horse to try and get one of his property developer mates in the door?

Seems coincidental that they all have something to say about Cox.
Been wondering this myself. Plausible scenario in my book. No other reason for outsiders to be showing an interest in TUFC.....
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

For God's sake will people stop seeing ulterior motives in everything which is happening at Plainmoor. The facts of ownership and development potential are as follows:

The land is owned by Torbay Council

The Club has a long lease which cannot be terminated unless the Club defaults or folds.

Westlands School has a long term interest in Bristol's Bench - for the IT suite and Gym (which they make available back to the Club for the use of players)

The Bowls Club and the landlord of Boots and Laces also have leases, albeit shorter term

In other words there are no direct redevelopment opportunities at Plainmoor and the Council holds all the cards

What is happening at the Club has nothing to do with redevelopment and everything to do with a transfer of ownership from a (previously) well-funded owner to a new set of owners who have little, if any, capital, a declining income base (i.e. fewer paying customers) and lots of liabilities (former managers salaries, potential claims for wrongful dismissal, etc).
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

Modgull wrote:In other words there are no direct redevelopment opportunities at Plainmoor and the Council holds all the cards
Exactly - so you have contradicted everything you wrote in that one line!!

Money talks these days .. so if a developer approaches the council with a 'too good to refuse' offer - do you really think they are going to turn it down?
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by wbw »

BayGull wrote: Money talks these days .. so if a developer approaches the council with a 'too good to refuse' offer - do you really think they are going to turn it down?
Of course they won't!!!
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

Modgull wrote:For God's sake will people stop seeing ulterior motives in everything which is happening at Plainmoor. The facts of ownership and development potential are as follows:

The land is owned by Torbay Council

The Club has a long lease which cannot be terminated unless the Club defaults or folds.

Westlands School has a long term interest in Bristol's Bench - for the IT suite and Gym (which they make available back to the Club for the use of players)

The Bowls Club and the landlord of Boots and Laces also have leases, albeit shorter term

In other words there are no direct redevelopment opportunities at Plainmoor and the Council holds all the cards

What is happening at the Club has nothing to do with redevelopment and everything to do with a transfer of ownership from a (previously) well-funded owner to a new set of owners who have little, if any, capital, a declining income base (i.e. fewer paying customers) and lots of liabilities (former managers salaries, potential claims for wrongful dismissal, etc).

And for clarification TUST have successfully listed Plainmoor as an Asset of Community Value which give TUST the advanced right to bid should Plainmoor ever be available for sale from the Freeholder ie Council
We should not be worrying about the stadium but was is played there and the ability of its survival
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by wbw »

And TUST's financial muscle to make a sensible bid is.............................
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

wbw wrote:And TUST's financial muscle to make a sensible bid is.............................
I see the property f*ckwit is back on. People who prey on misery like you truly are a cancer. When you look at yourself in the mirror - can you make eye contact with feeling shame and regret for wasting a life?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Richinns wrote: I see the property f*ckwit is back on. People who prey on misery like you truly are a cancer. When you look at yourself in the mirror - can you make eye contact with feeling shame and regret for wasting a life?

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:
To the dotted line, We're on our way
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Richinns wrote: I see the property f*ckwit is back on. People who prey on misery like you truly are a cancer. When you look at yourself in the mirror - can you make eye contact with feeling shame and regret for wasting a life?
Who is this "wbw"? If you are one of the vultures please feel free to **** off and die.
Georg

Post by Georg »

Oliver wrote:I have no interest in the ground...have just stated facts as I know them regarding Paul Cox the person, and his habit of walking out on clubs. That's it.
Are they the facts given to you by a person with a conflicted intrest who now happens to be Mansfields manager?
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

WHO CARES!!!!

TAKE YOUR NONSENSE TO PM!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com