Next Manager- confirmed: Kevin Nicholson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

I'm just glad we have football at plainmoor cmon Nicho we will be 100% behind you and the team.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

IanGull01 wrote:OMG!!

Firstly, I will support Nicholson and welcome him back to the club!

Secondly, so are they saying out of the 129 applicants none of them have had managerial experience. This is a very backward step in my opinion. At least Hargreaves had been at Bournemouth and had a bit of experience.
How they can put trust into a person who has never even managed a team.

If he had never of played for Torquay he wouldn't be getting this job!!

Anyway, rant over.
Welcome back and good luck Nico!!!
Not having a go at you here. But as I've said elsewhere I'm a more highly qualified coach than Sir Alex Ferguson, I'm not fit to tie his shoe laces, Paul Buckle had 5 years of management experience and the UFEA PRO badge, Bristol Rovers, Luton Town and Cheltenham, I rest my case, all managers have to start somewhere, lets give him a chance, which I know you/we all, will.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Give the man a chance before writing him off.........
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

forevertufc wrote: Not having a go at you here. But as I've said elsewhere I'm a more highly qualified coach than Sir Alex Ferguson, I'm not fit to tie his shoe laces, Paul Buckle had 5 years of management experience and the UFEA PRO badge, Bristol Rovers, Luton Town and Cheltenham, I rest my case, all managers have to start somewhere, lets give him a chance, which I know you/we all, will.
Fully agree!! I'm behind him 100% don't worry about that.

I also see there's a fans forum on Wednesday night now!!
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

:scarf: :scarf: Kevin Nicholsons Yellow Army :scarf: :scarf:
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

IanGull01 wrote:
Secondly, so are they saying out of the 129 applicants none of them have had managerial experience.
I guess many had that but they also probably had a wage demand along with it. A demand we could not afford.

Must say I am a bit surprised myself but choose to see this as a positive. I look at Wycombe and Gareth Ainsworth and they have done pretty well. Better when he just became a manager but nontheless.

Will Kevin go straight into the team at left back now?
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
pinitgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by pinitgull »

Great opportunity for him...

Good start imperative, he will feel the heat if we continue this run we are on.............

Any news on an assistant?
Scorpion
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by Scorpion »

Seeing as the guy is now in post, let's at least give him a chance shall we?

The last manager was a former Conference winner, and that didn't work out to well. I did make the point when Cox was appointed that he had not worked at this level with a small budget and was ridiculed for it, by those who apparently know better.

This season is going to be a struggle whoever is in post. Whether or not Torquay United stay up is not as important as ensuring the club survive. If we ensure we live within our means, then the club will survive. Not exciting, not what everyone wants to hear but a lot better than the club going bust and having to restart in some mickey mouse league.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

ok...After some digestion , it's actually not as bad as I thought it was. player manager...still could be handy even as a experienced player...We don't have one.. If he can cut the management aswell ...look I thought oh no...I will fully get behind him....got no option
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Good luck to Nico, give the guy a chance. He really wanted the job and good luck to him. Our current situation is not down to KN. Hes obviously very motivated and wants to do well.
He gets my full support and i urge everyone else to do the same whatever they think.
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

All we can do is give him 100% support. Hopefully he will start with getting the defence sorted out.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

westyorkshiregull wrote:ok...After some digestion , it's actually not as bad as I thought it was. player manager...still could be handy even as a experienced player...We don't have one.. If he can cut the management aswell ...look I thought oh no...I will fully get behind him....got no option
Exactly how I feel. I've previously posted about how I failed to understand how he could possibly be the best option. Perhaps I actually failed to appreciate the true financial position of the club. I assume he'll be drawing a basic player's wage. EDIT: and as someone else said, he obviously really wants this badly and is very motivated. After all, he put his name forward previously before Hargreaves was appointed.
TUST member 203
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I wish Kev luck mainly because like Greavsie he's a good bloke who will have the club at heart, he's a cheap easy appointment which is why the board have appointed him and you can't blame them for that. We could have Mourinho in charge and this squad would still get relegated so why bother appointing a manager on a hefty contract. We wouldn't offer Cox one and he's a proven manager so I doubt Nicho is on anything substantial whatsoever.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

ffs. he'll get my support, but I'm not in the slightest bit confident
The gulls are going up
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes this is it. Appoint a manager with zero experience. This is nothing short of pathetic and we are finished as a football club. Isn't Nicholson the bloke who sulked and refused to travel to a reserve match with the rest of his team and went in his own car.
That's me finished as well - was going on Saturday but I will never set foot inside Plainmoor again.