Message to Kevin Nicholson

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Nico has been handed a dossier of players by John Milton and the cost to the club for that dossier along with the fuel he's used to get around various clubs speaking to players is a big fat zero. That kind of gesture shouldn't go unrecognised and he is more than happy to continue to help the club in any way he can. The problem we have is not that players aren't being looked at, we just can't afford them

The simple truth is that we have to move players on to bring anyone in. The problem then is any players we move on are being paid peanuts anyway so it's a very difficult task to improve the team.

Nicholson has a tough job on his hands but he's going about it the right way in my opinion. He's got great help and support from Milts and knows he can utilise his contacts within the game to do what's best for the club.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

I have to agree with your Southampton Gull. I think as supporters we should be celebrating every point we can scrape together with the state the club is in and the resources available to it. In my honest opinion I thought Grimsby deserved all 3 points and whilst I was not at Southport, I understand it was like the battle of the Alamo at times and we could easily have lost that game....had that been the case Nico would no doubt be getting some serious stick.

Luckily we are in a division when no teams are consistent, if they were they would be in the league, and every match we play is winnable of we put the effort in.

I believe Nico will have the players giving their all within the next couple of months and that should be good enough for survival , giving him the the time to release most of the squad and start again.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

[quote="MidDevon"]I have to agree with your Southampton Gull. I think as supporters we should be celebrating every point we can scrape together with the state the club is in and the resources available to it. In my honest opinion I thought Grimsby deserved all 3 points and whilst I was not at Southport, I understand it was like the battle of the Alamo at times and we could easily have lost that game....had that been the case Nico would no doubt be getting some serious stick.

Luckily we are in a division when no teams are consistent, if they were they would be in the league, and every match we play is winnable of we put the effort in.

I believe Nico will have the players giving their all within the next couple of months and that should be good enough for survival , giving him the the time to release most of the squad and start again.

Got to agree.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Thank you forevertufc for your constructive post.

I certainly do not regard Kevin as "a random dad" but I would point out that he has never managed a Club before and it is a huge step up from player to Manager.

I pointed out in my post Kevin has been a pro footballer for close on 20 years. I was simply begging him to address seriously 3 issues which are at the crux of our problems.

I agree Kevin has made an immediate impact and I thought our performance against Grimsby was terrific.

On the subject of set pieces there was a great example on MOTD in the Norwich v West Brom game. OK WBA did not score but what a brilliant routine.

I have the utmost respect for any post from Southampton Gull and I do understand the desperate financial situation. How much do you think needs to accumulate in the Players Fund Southampton before it is put to some use.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Can't really add anything to what's been said. Agree with Forever, Southampton Gull, et al. Portugull made some good points, and I'm sure everyone at the club is working on them. On this occasion, I disagree with Ferrarilover, or rather, I strongly disapprove of the language he employed. Sorry Matt.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

It appears in my opening post last sunday I omitted, on the subject of discipline, to mention players should avoid any violent conduct towards their own team mates which could result in a red card.

Did this really happen? Could any of the valiant 101 who made the journey report exactly how this came about?

If reports to date are accurate this is very hard to believe.

On the credit side well done to Kevin and the team for restricting Altringham to just 2 shots on target according to BBC.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Yes you failed to mention it. I thought at the time you had missed that. So it's all your fault!
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

Kevin, I am really glad that since you arrived there seems to be more team cohesion and improvment. However, can I suggest one of the next trg sessions is used to watch the video of the Salford game from last night so the team can see what playing with passion, commitment and most of all confidence can do. Keep up the good work and I am sure you will get us to safety this season.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

MHSGULL wrote:Kevin, I am really glad that since you arrived there seems to be more team cohesion and improvment. However, can I suggest one of the next trg sessions is used to watch the video of the Salford game from last night so the team can see what playing with passion, commitment and most of all confidence can do. Keep up the good work and I am sure you will get us to safety this season.
And togetherness.. :)
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Well said MHSGULL. 100% agree.