Great minds may think alike !!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

Not sure why you would want to involve the council either. They are a total clusterf*ck and have led this area into it's worst state since god knows when.

We might as well start a jewellery line in the club shop sponsored by Gerald Ratner.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Glostergull wrote:As well as supporters. board members and media. I think Kevin and the players and backroom staff should be there. the players really do need to see the passion. (whats left of it) from those who work here and to an extent its their lives. they need to see the passionate supporters. Kevin needs to be there to instill in them that all this passion needs to be channeled and he can provide that extra push to show them that they need to be at the top of their game every week. heads are down at the moment , i can understand that. but with all pushing or pulling (depending on where you stand) we can instill a sense of loyalty and purpose into the team that will hopefully translate into them running through walls for us.
That will help a lot i'm sure.. mid table mediocrity would be a God send right now. the old Dunkirk Spirit is needed.
I wonder how many people will attend the Race night and the Christmas party? That will give the players a view of the passion for the club.

It's a nice idea to involve the players but everybody knows there is no loyalty from players these days.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

tomogull wrote: This is a fine sentiment MF68, but the Mayor attend a meeting ? I've just seen a couple of pigs fly past the window. He has not got the slightest interest in Torquay United.
The Mayor will want the pitch for a helicopter pad. :~D
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The previous Board under AC were, in my direct experience, better than this new lot at receiving and implementing ideas and thoughts from fans and capable and willing individuals.

Nothing will change, but you're welcome to give it your best shot.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

ferrarilover wrote:The previous Board under AC were, in my direct experience, better than this new lot at receiving and implementing ideas and thoughts from fans and capable and willing individuals.

Nothing will change, but you're welcome to give it your best shot.

Matt.
Am I being thick, Matt? Who was AC? I can't remember.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Well done Realist !!! Just what we need - more negativity.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

I think Matt might be referring to me Hector. My mother forgets who I am sometimes so I shouldn't worry about it. I thank Matt for his observations but I don't really want to get drawn in to a game of "who was better than whom" as those types of discussions can quickly spiral in to lots of negative comments which I don't think would be helpful at this point. To me it is important to have a legitimate channel of communication with supporters who want to contribute ideas and actual support to help the Club try and put some of those ideas in to practice. We had a fairly successful Focus Group for several years and achieved one or two very good initiatives, but as with most things it needs time and commitment. However, from reading the other contributions on this thread that commitment and energy may exist from within the fan base and therefore a new Focus Group might be something the Club wants to consider re-introducing.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

ROADRUNNER wrote:nice idea but what we need is someone with mega bucks to buy the club and soon otherwise we are finished, i truly believe that if we arent bought out soon we will end up like rushden and hereford.
dont want to sound negative but the light at the end of the tunnel seems to have gone. :(
Worrying, very worrying.

Whilst the likes of Mushroom, Yells and George .... whoever they are/were (have they been banned?) were castigated for this sort of prophecy a month or so back, I have to say that when someone like Roadrunner (I don't know who you are) predicts this sort of scenario then I really am concerned. Whilst I don't know who you are, I do know enough to KNOW that you really care about TUFC (which couldn't be said with any degree of certainty about the others named above) and I also know that on several occasions in the past you have come up with plenty of exclusives on this site, nearly all of which I would say from memory were bang on the money. I have always imagined you to be someone who is very close to the football club - but I haven't got a clue (could make an "educated" guess, but I would probably be wrong!) as to who you actually are.

Like you, I have grave concerns that we are in serious trouble (again) and what concerns me even more is that I fear that the current owners have already adopted a bit of a "siege mentality" and no longer seem to be so open and frank with their communications that they were in the opening months of their tenure. They, like plenty before them in football boardrooms up and down the country" seem to have retreated back into their shell (or boardroom) and are not engaging with their customers/TUST/local media in a way they once were, it seems that way to me at least.

We all "suspect" that things are pretty dire up there, but we NEED TO KNOW! My biggest fear at the moment, is that the money isn't there and if we suffer two or three more postponements during the winter months - highly likely to happen given the state of our pitch- that they (the current owners) will not be able to meet their obligations and the club will either enter administration (certain relegation) or even worse liquidation if they decide to walk away. I will always thank them for "saving" the club by stepping in when they did but the cold stark reality is that I cannot imagine that things could possibly have turned out much worse than they currently seem to be, not helped by some incredible hard luck, but poor decision making by them has also (sadly) played it's part.

I worry though that, rather like the decision to pull out of Seale Hayne, without it appears any sort of consultation with TUST let alone the fans, that we may only find out just how bad things really are when it is far too late. Like all of us they are TUFC fans and they are undoubtedly working extremely hard to try and turn things around up there, but we need to know what is really going on because we are fans too ! Telling us, after the proverbial "horse has bolted" would be unforgivable.

Sorry to come across as so negative on what is a really positive thread and course of action taken by the OP, but when Roadrunner says things are really bad up there, I really am starting to fear the worst ....
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Good to see AC back on forum. Is this idea pie in the slky or would it work/could it help ??
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

CP Gull wrote: Worrying, very worrying.

Whilst the likes of Mushroom, Yells and George .... whoever they are/were (have they been banned?) were castigated for this sort of prophecy a month or so back, I have to say that when someone like Roadrunner (I don't know who you are) predicts this sort of scenario then I really am concerned. Whilst I don't know who you are, I do know enough to KNOW that you really care about TUFC (which couldn't be said with any degree of certainty about the others named above) and I also know that on several occasions in the past you have come up with plenty of exclusives on this site, nearly all of which I would say from memory were bang on the money. I have always imagined you to be someone who is very close to the football club - but I haven't got a clue (could make an "educated" guess, but I would probably be wrong!) as to who you actually are.

Like you, I have grave concerns that we are in serious trouble (again) and what concerns me even more is that I fear that the current owners have already adopted a bit of a "siege mentality" and no longer seem to be so open and frank with their communications that they were in the opening months of their tenure. They, like plenty before them in football boardrooms up and down the country" seem to have retreated back into their shell (or boardroom) and are not engaging with their customers/TUST/local media in a way they once were, it seems that way to me at least.
If you're only 80% correct CP then your post echoes my feelings too. These are really testing times for loyal, long standing (suffering) supporters. Surely it's time for the current Board to put their cards on the table.
We all "suspect" that things are pretty dire up there, but we NEED TO KNOW! My biggest fear at the moment, is that the money isn't there and if we suffer two or three more postponements during the winter months - highly likely to happen given the state of our pitch- that they (the current owners) will not be able to meet their obligations and the club will either enter administration (certain relegation) or even worse liquidation if they decide to walk away. I will always thank them for "saving" the club by stepping in when they did but the cold stark reality is that I cannot imagine that things could possibly have turned out much worse than they currently seem to be, not helped by some incredible hard luck, but poor decision making by them has also (sadly) played it's part.

I worry though that, rather like the decision to pull out of Seale Hayne, without it appears any sort of consultation with TUST let alone the fans, that we may only find out just how bad things really are when it is far too late. Like all of us they are TUFC fans and they are undoubtedly working extremely hard to try and turn things around up there, but we need to know what is really going on because we are fans too ! Telling us, after the proverbial "horse has bolted" would be unforgivable.

Sorry to come across as so negative on what is a really positive thread and course of action taken by the OP, but when Roadrunner says things are really bad up there, I really am starting to fear the worst ....

If you are only 80% correct CP your post echoes my feelings too. These are dire times testing the loyalty of long standing (suffering) supporters. Surely it's time for the current Board to live up to their promise to communicate with us fans and put their cards on the table.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

A Candy wrote: I don't really want to get drawn in to a game of "who was better than whom" as those types of discussions can quickly spiral in to lots of negative comments which I don't think would be helpful at this point.
Whilst I can understand you not wanting to become drawn into a pointless game of 'who was better than whom', I (and I suspect many on here) very much regretted that you were one of the casualties under the present Board's 'new broom' sweep.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Thank you Tomogull for your sentiments.