A Word of Sympathy for the Current Board.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

For me, by far and way the most serious and worrying allegation in what has been posted above is the suggestion that the current owners are/were asking £220k for the football club - never mind £1 million!!!!! This being the same football club that was GIVEN to them less than six months ago - and the club is hardly a more attractive proposition now, is it?????

I think the owners need to make an immediate statement in response to these hugely damaging allegations!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

All this super depression will take us no where. I agree in terms of this situation for this season that the board have to comment on the team-management situation. We deserve to know their take on the present situation. But for attempts for them themselves to be taken apart with seemingly unfounded allegation and pleas for the club to close to put fans out of their misery is utter utter nonsense. Please for Gods sake lets get a grip. That surely is the last thing on earth we want.
absolutely3rdrate
New Signing
New Signing

Post by absolutely3rdrate »

I agree with CP Gull. The Chairman and/or CEO need to make a statement pronto. No ifs or buts, tell us the truth!
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I think its difficult to know what is true and who is telling the truth these days

Added in 3 seconds:
I think its difficult to know what is true and who is telling the truth these days
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Dazza wrote:All this super depression will take us no where. I agree in terms of this situation for this season that the board have to comment on the team-management situation. We deserve to know their take on the present situation. But for attempts for them themselves to be taken apart with seemingly unfounded allegation and pleas for the club to close to put fans out of their misery is utter utter nonsense. Please for Gods sake lets get a grip. That surely is the last thing on earth we want.
Ok. So let's have some honest communication from those in charge of OUR football club.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Company was registered 1-12-15
http://www.endole.co.uk/company/0989587 ... ns-limited
TUST_Member_Rob wrote:Apologies if this is a silly question,
Is it known who is part of Torquay Fans Ltd?
[
TUST_Member_Rob wrote:Apologies if this is a silly question,
Is it known who is part of Torquay Fans Ltd?
Last edited by davidcaldwell123 on 19 Dec 2015, 19:46, edited 2 times in total.
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

This is indeed a bombshell. I am a little confused here though. The statement is in the first person yet it is signed by the Company. In what capacity is the writer of this statement?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

This Colin guy who posted that statement is A director of the Torquay United fans ltd
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

A message from the Board of Directors...

LIKE everyone associated with the club we are bitterly disappointed with today's result and our current position in the National League table.

The Board of Directors will be getting together early next week to discuss the current on-field situation and ways in which we can improve matters in this respect.

We share the hurt that is being felt at the moment and are passionate about getting the club moving in the right direction on the pitch.

- TORQUAY UNITED FC BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Read more at http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 28DxWkl.99
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not got much knowledge of these things , but, for what it's worth I will/would never trust a statement signed; Yours sincerely
Torquay United Fans Ltd, and not signed by the directors of the company, anyone could have written that.
Formerly known as forevertufc
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Yes anyone with the level of detail and knowledge of the post indicates it is not a stab in the dark statement and is actually somebody in the know. And we as fans are entitled to know what the hell is going on!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fully understand, but, it does not mean what's written within the statement is actually true, it might be, some of it might be, none of it might be, certainly going to need an answer from the board though.
Last edited by Dave on 19 Dec 2015, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Guys its al part of football and happens at the highest level, at some point in a clubs journey there will be challenging times, the strength of the support and the club is how you get through it.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

davidcaldwell123 wrote:Guys its al part of football and happens at the highest level, at some point in a clubs journey there will be challenging times, the strength of the support and the club is how you get through it.
This current board said at the fans forum they were open and transparent about the club. Now is the exact time and place that this needs to be true. Even if the statement has been made by an unknown poster on a different forum, the allegations mentioned need answering
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Now this is very interesting! Two of the Directors of Torquay United Fans Limited incorporated on 1st December 2015 are Michael Roberts and Keira Roberts who both resigned as Directors of TUFC a few weeks into the season.

I think there is no doubt that there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

Come on Southampton you always seem to know what is going on at Plainmoor. Any comment?