Goodwill fast disappearing

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Goodwill fast disappearing

Post by Jack »

When the new consortium took over in the Summer I felt relieved that we were moving into a more settled time and in a moment of euphoria I bought a season ticket to help boost the coffers even though I knew that I would not get to many home games.
As the saying goes "you couldn't make up what has happened since" or so it appears.
There is a lot of love and goodwill for our Club and the current Board who are the present guardians/custodians have a moral duty to tell those of us who have spent thousands of pounds supporting the Club during our respective lifetimes what the hell is going on.
Just tell it like it is, the fans are fair minded people and will reach their own conclusions. If you don't we will just continue on this downward spin In to oblivion.
There is little point in the current climate in making any changes to the playing management structure. It would just be akin to re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.
What we need is for the Board/CEO to come clean because the present uncertainty must be unsettling the players and affecting their performance on the pitch.
Please just tell it like it is so that we can hopefully move on.
Yellow-Collins
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellow-Collins »

I agree. Despite a lot of fans predicting the doom and gloom and becoming despondent with the current goings on at the Club, I believe we would all like to continue supporting the Club and this would be easier if we knew what was expected from the players / squad. If they (the board) are expecting to go down this season to rebuild and financially more stable, then state this.

We need to bring the 'good times' back to Torquay - FAST!!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I'm not going to even and argue on the point, that our club right now is the worst position it's been in since I saw my very first game in 1980, probably in modern times , us fans are somewhere between angry, sad, frustrated and any other emotion you can think of.

But, I must appeal for fans to show some extreme patience here, in fact patience above and beyond the call, we're 5 days from Christmas day for a start, and those tasked with running our club have families too, just like you and I. They have a lot of work, a lot of sorting out to do, and a very short space of time to do it in.

The timing of the statement from the Roberts, which has to be said comes with "NO" hard evidence what so ever is absolutely scandalous, why now ? why at the point where the current board "must" prioritise sorting out results and team performances above anything else, the current board really didn't need that distraction.

Having said all of that, the board and Stephen Breed, you have to take "COMMAND " of the football club today, some tough decisions about the team and it's management need taking, Nicho needs help, it needs to be forced on him, and he needs to be told to accept the guidance or else he's out.

What I will say to Mr Phillips and Breed, there's an awful you could have said in public and you haven't I know it, you know it, maybe now it's time to "stand" up and have your say.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

it certainly needs saying and soon, its a bloody shambles, 50 years ive supported this club and at the moment as far as i can see we are like the titanic, please mr phillips and mr breed sort this bloody mess out now! lets here it from the horses mouth now.
i dont want to see this club go out of business , at present i feel very angry about the everthing that is going on at our club.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Why is it scandalous? do you know its not true? - a team that attracts 1500 paying home supporters is signing South Devon League players.

Appeal for patience? - Christ the fans have been more than patient.

Steve Breed doesn't respond well to criticism. Its time he told us what the feck is going on.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Where is the Roberts statement to be found please?
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

MF68 look under A Word of Sympathy for the Current Board thread Page2 posted at 22.25 lat night.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

brucie wrote:Why is it scandalous? do you know its not true? - a team that attracts 1500 paying home supporters is signing South Devon League players.

Appeal for patience? - Christ the fans have been more than patient.

Steve Breed doesn't respond well to criticism. Its time he told us what the feck is going on.
I will quote you directly as your post appears to be aimed at mine. Where did I say the Roberts statement was scandalous ? Where did I say the Roberts statement wasn't true ?

What I actually did say was, the timing of the statement was scandalous, and it's true, it is, the current board have an awful lot of sorting out to do, they didn't need that distraction, they didn't need to have to, switch their focus away from on the field matters to answer these allegations, why couldn't the Roberts have come up with this month ago, or when they resigned from the board, why now.

Also what I did say was, there's no hard evidence to prove what was said in that statement, that's a world part from saying it isn't true, it might be, it might not, there's two sides to every story and the truth is normally somewhere in the middle.

My appeal for patience was a simple one, there's 4 working days between now and Christmas day, the board have an awful lot of issues to discuss, and awful lot of decisions to make, there not going to cover it all in 40 hours.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

When do the pissed up players (who cannot afford to pay their bills) but can afford top go on the piss in Liverpool for two nights get back? - Mind you perhaps the club paid for the lash up out of the player fund.

Anyone taken in by these pile of bollocks from Nicholson is completely barmy.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Be assured I feel as exasperated as you do Brucie. In one post you take out players, the Manager and the Board. We can only afford ( maybe ) to alter just one of them. So which one are going to choose !
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

and this is why ive stopped paying in to the players fund, fricking players from the south devon league, sorry but this is taking the piss.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I can only judge by the facts. The facts are crystal clear:

(1) Our performances this season have been pitiful. Our team is a joke.
(2) Communication with the fans has been dreadful, amateur at best, cynical at worst,
(3) Torquay fans have been loyal and have shelled out their hard earned money year after year, for nothing in recent seasons.
(4) We are going down, which is a fricking disgrace for a team with our loyal support.

Excuses after excuse after excuse doesn't wash with me, I am very, very angry.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

regards our clubs support, took this from Chester fans forum, worth a read.

http://www.devachat.com/index.php?s=d1a ... opic=82401
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

forevertufc wrote:regards our clubs support, took this from Chester fans forum, worth a read.

http://www.devachat.com/index.php?s=d1a ... opic=82401

Thank god there are at least a few decent honourable people left in our beautiful game.

Total respect to Chester