Guiseley v Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

tomogull wrote:I'm sure everyone who is planning to be at the Guiseley match will know this, but just in case you don't ...... the kick off is at 5.30 pm as is every National League match on Saturday.
And the match BT have chosen is Braintree v Altrincham ....El Classico not
Lucy
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

lucy6lucy wrote: And the match BT have chosen is Braintree v Altrincham ....El Classico not
To be fair to BT it is the only game where both teams have something to play for. Having said that, its ridiculous for fans for all the games to be on at 5.30 on a Saturday - as always TV comes before the thoughts and wants of actual supporters.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

leetufc wrote: To be fair to BT it is the only game where both teams have something to play for. Having said that, its ridiculous for fans for all the games to be on at 5.30 on a Saturday - as always TV comes before the thoughts and wants of actual supporters.
That's a fair comment. But I still feel this Guiseley v Torquay match has more to offer. Guiseley have numerous combinations of either staying up or going down.
Lucy
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

The guiesley website states fans are not normally separated, unless under advice. Does anyone know if this is the case on Saturday ? I remember Barrow away in our promotion year, it was a nightmare
Lucy
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Three banners, a drum and a load of minions....what more can you want for your last away day?
Attachments
12021994_905956516124382_373606198_n.jpg
Together We Are United.jpeg
To be finished on Friday
To be finished on Friday
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Parry wrote:This will be my first and only game of the season. My girlfriend only lives 30 mins away. What pubs are people meeting at? This should a great day out.
I presume you won't be going if it's raining..?? ;-)
DonnyGull50
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by DonnyGull50 »

I will be going to the game from Donny. I would prefer Boredom Wood to get relegated, purely to get two Northern games to go to next season.
Robin10

Post by Robin10 »

Parry wrote:This will be my first and only game of the season. My girlfriend only lives 30 mins away. What pubs are people meeting at? This should a great day out.
I'm going to Coopers on Otley Road and maybe club bar after that.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

royalgull wrote:I'd love us to win and send this tinpot side down after their behaviour v Braintree earlier in the season. Save a proper club like Halifax instead please.
How are Halifax a proper club and Guisley not? Anyway it was the fault of the Braintree goalie. If it had been us to benefit from a fluke incident like that we wouldn't be complaining.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: How are Halifax a proper club and Guisley not? Anyway it was the fault of the Braintree goalie. If it had been us to benefit from a fluke incident like that we wouldn't be complaining.
Not sure who the proper club is, Guiseley have been around over a hundred years but Halifax less than 10. As for what we would feel if it was us, well I don't know about you but I would be hella embarrassed.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Plainmoor78 wrote: How are Halifax a proper club and Guisley not? Anyway it was the fault of the Braintree goalie. If it had been us to benefit from a fluke incident like that we wouldn't be complaining.
Not sure how it was he keepers fault, the Guisley player lobbed the pass over his head towards the goal - if he had kicked it back with less power and not towards the goal this issue would never have happened.

If we had beneffitted from that I would be embarassed
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I am in Harrogate. Staying with family for the weekend and a short train over this afternoon. It's been a terrific end to the season and the players deserve our thanks for getting us out of that hole.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gulliball wrote:I am in Harrogate. Staying with family for the weekend and a short train over this afternoon. It's been a terrific end to the season and the players deserve our thanks for getting us out of that hole.
It will be one of those sh1t pacer trains too Chris... :@
Just like the one I'll be on from Sunny Barnsley to dirty Leeds... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

I took one one from York to Pannal last night. The fun drunk Yorkshire people were more fun than the obnoxious drunk Glaswegians between Scotland and York.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Be prepared for all weathers if you're travelling up. A sunny morning has just been interrupted by a 10 minute hail storm.