Harrop

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
BobBobBob
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by BobBobBob »

forevertufc wrote:Wasn't the team in reality managed by Lee Mansell/Kevin Nicholson v Morecambe, seem to remember all Harrop did that day, was stand in the technical area, waving his hands around like some demented aeroplane ground controller trying to get the crowd to make some noise.
Lol. Perhaps Harrop will be employed as a new mascot.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Let's be honest, if the youth team is to be re-formed. Harrop is our man. Any other motive is not welcome. I admire the decision to keep the takeover until after the end of the season. Let's wait and see what unfolds. It looks likely to be an interesting 7 days come 7.20pm tomorrow.
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

His influence is becoming clear to some already.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Southampton Gull wrote:His influence is becoming clear to some already.
Who has only just realised he's a massive tool?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

confused ?
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

So Sturrock got Harrop the job at Yeovil. Will Harrop reciprocate and bring Sturrock to Torquay?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

PhilGull wrote:So Sturrock got Harrop the job at Yeovil. Will Harrop reciprocate and bring Sturrock to Torquay?
I think they must have got Harrop confused with Dave Byrne, who had previously worked with Sturrock at Swindon.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Bomber wrote: I think they must have got Harrop confused with Dave Byrne, who had previously worked with Sturrock at Swindon.
Not sure about that sturrick had reasonably strong links with us whilst Hargreaves was in charge, and itnwouldnt surprise me if a sturrock endorsement helped harrop get the job.
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

Kit_robin wrote: Not sure about that sturrick had reasonably strong links with us whilst Hargreaves was in charge, and itnwouldnt surprise me if a sturrock endorsement helped harrop get the job.
Byrne also had connections with Plymouth when Sturrock was first appointed in 2000.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Dave Byrne was on the sports teaching staff at City College Plymouth (PCFE as it was then) in the early 2000's. Being an ex player, I think that he was also scouting etc for Argyle at the same time but then took up the Swindon post.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Bomber wrote: Byrne also had connections with Plymouth when Sturrock was first appointed in 2000.
Er, yes, but we were talking about whether the herald were confusing harrop for Byrne...
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Are you serious?

Fuzzy Wuzzy wazza woman?

:O
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Tarrboy1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tarrboy1 »

I thought Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I thought fuzzy wuzzy was/is a derogatory term aimed at an over sensitive community (egged on by politically correct stupidity) to then get the whip hand (pun intended) over white trash.

I isn't trash boss and a b@stard is still a b@stard whatever colour they may be.

Swiftly on then to "dirty" Harrop. :O (Dirty Harry has a better ring to it as does dirty arab) :nod:

For conspiracy theorists :
Let all existing contracts expire without renewal
Employ a youth team manager to manage a youth team playing in the National League.
Supporters lose interest as youth team are thrashed week in week out
TUFC relegated
Whole town loses interest
TUFC disappears
Corrupt Council officials (who somehow have got around centuries old covenants) give Plainmoor to TUFC majority shareholder for residential development.
Palms are greased/envelopes full of cash handed over/received

Consequences :
Individuals involved in organised crime masquerading as legitimate business are hunted down and publicly executed with an enthusiasm that would make Islamic State blush.

Likely real outcome of sale of TUFC to Gaming International :
Dont ask me, I'm not a prophet or a prophet out for profit. ;-)

Blessings be upon the prophet :bow: (that isn't Stefano, Stefano is the oracle) :nod: ..... ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Only problem with theory above is that perhaps many supporters will have been prevented from losing interest because they went and bought the cheap season tickets on the crest of the goodwill wave after staying up.