Ebbsfleet on Saturday

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Anyway. We should draw a line under it now like Burnham says. I know what i mean ,what i feel and what is right at the end of the day and i've no reason to apologize or feel sorry for anything.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Exactly yorkie, most of them on here have more double standards than they know what to do with.
Keep your chin up & keep posting, we can't please them all.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

end of!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I thought this forum was about football, not moral **** ethics.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Modgull wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 19:30This was a reasonable performance against a side who deserved to miss out on the playoffs because of their lack of ambition - they only set themselves up to get a draw and the game was the poorer for that.
OK I wasn't there and you were, but a case of job done and needs must I would venture.....

Coming straight from a game at Gateshed on Tuesday in one extremity of the country down to Torquay in the other, and the prospect of having to play again at Aldershot on Wednesday; I would have set their side up to contain rahter than chase a game they did not need to win ~ viewing the game as one of a series of vital importance to the future of their club ~ they had no obligaion to be the entertainers.

Mission (for them) accomplished.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I'm sure you are right Merse they certainly didn't come intent on trying to open us up. Nevertheless there have been far better teams at Plainmoor this year. They had few chances and scored a fortunate goal. Sometimes when a team takes themselves off the boil they fail to get their total form back in the playoffs. We will see.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Dont see why Ebbsfleet deserved to miss out on the playoffs due to their lack of ambition in this game
They only needed a point, , perfectly sensible approach
Crowds wont dip below 1000 if we are doing well, winning most home games and scoring goals, here's hoping
anyway. Agree they would if we are mid table or god forbid lower, but if that many turned up today to watch
a team of losers surely they will be back to see us if we are doing well next year
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Owers had already proved he could send out a side to take on and beat Ebbsfleet ~ he did it up there in October ~ and today he had a far better strike force at his disposal; so Darryl McMahon would have been aware of that and set up accordingly. He'll be happy with what he achieved today.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Agree with desperado about crowds next season - just look at Stockport County in the NLN. Their crowds have held up extremely well in spite of being a 2nd tier (Championship/2nd Division) side until comparitively recently and with worse financial problems than ourselves. They have consistently kept themselves in the top half of the table over the last couple of seasons and local people have responded in spite of the nearby attractions of Man U and Man C.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

budegull1954 wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 22:09 Agree with desperado about crowds next season - just look at Stockport County in the NLN. Their crowds have held up extremely well in spite of being a 2nd tier (Championship/2nd Division) side until comparitively recently and with worse financial problems than ourselves. They have consistently kept themselves in the top half of the table over the last couple of seasons and local people have responded in spite of the nearby attractions of Man U and Man C.
Can't see that happening here. If we spend more than one season in the south then I think our crowds will start to plummet and you will see the first three figure league crowds since the Webb era.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

There were 1366 home supporters at today's match. When we played Tranmere in the first home game of the season there were 2670 home supporters. That is a drop 49% over the course of the season.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 22:24 There were 1366 home supporters at today's match. When we played Tranmere in the first home game of the season there were 2670 home supporters. That is a drop 49% over the course of the season.
49% who've seen the light.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Big drop
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

merse btpir wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 21:22 Owers had already proved he could send out a side to take on and beat Ebbsfleet ~ he did it up there in October ~ and today he had a far better strike force at his disposal; so Darryl McMahon would have been aware of that and set up accordingly. He'll be happy with what he achieved today.
It’s just a shame he failed to send out a side to take on the numerous teams we failed to win or draw against.
He didn’t prove anything other than he is capable of sending out a side capable of losing to say Guiseley at home in equal measure.
I can’t remember a more uninspiring and dour manager ..............
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 22:56 Big drop
The reason why it will be an even bigger drop is because the owner simply isn't engaging the fanbase. Osborne's approach seems to be, we've gone down so i'll issue a short statement and then forget about it for the summer. That's it. I don't see the begging and the encouragement to fans to keep them interested.

It's like we've gone down, whatever. It's the alarming inactivity and lack of urgency about trying to stop a haemorrhageing fanbase which will contribute to the falling attendances and not just because of plying their trade in a lower league.

There is nothing coming from the owner or the club to make you want to return really.