Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Brill - now get back on your perch!
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

Luke McCormick due to sign for Swindon Town today.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Hopefully will will land a keeper soon?!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Must be very strange starting pre-season training without a goalkeeper. The club certainly knows how to make its fans suffer these days, dragging out the signings over so many weeks. Was it a mistake to let Ryan Clarke go? No doubt he'll make some amazing saves when he plays against us for Bath City!
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Certainly can’t say we have over prepared for the forthcoming campaign!
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

Post by Northampton gull »

budegull1954 wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 14:47 Must be very strange starting pre-season training without a goalkeeper. The club certainly knows how to make its fans suffer these days, dragging out the signings over so many weeks. Was it a mistake to let Ryan Clarke go? No doubt he'll make some amazing saves when he plays against us for Bath City!
Ryan Clarke was one of the highest paid players at the club by the sounds of it and he barely played no doubt he is a good keeper but he is riddled with injuries and not worth the money that we payed him I’d rather have a keeper who can play 46 matches then 15 or however many he played for us.your right he will probably have a good game against us however the most likely thing is that will be one of the only games he manages to play without being injured
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

You do wonder how a 'small' club such as Bath City manages to afford such high wages for an experienced pro like Clarke, unless he's taken a massive pay cut and got himself a part-time job at Sainsburys to supplement his wages. Ryan Brunt must also be on a good whack I should think.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Whatever Bath City are paying Brunt and Clarke they are taking a huge risk in two injury plagued players. I can't imagine that Brunt is on too high a salary given that he had barely played a game in two years.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SBP wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 19:32 Trouble is Brucie your not allowed to keep Bass this year, catch and release , Owers cant fish either :)
Nowt wrong wi' a Bass, premium ale it is. Then there's Billy . . .

:clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Michee Efete played for Bath City today...
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

As we know Clarke Has a back problem and brunt will be lucky if he manages 10 games.
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

I’m surprised Efete was turning out for Bath City. I thought he was more than good enough to make it as a full time pro - and also play in the football league in the next couple of years.

I wonder if we asked him if he wanted to come back and he turned it down...or we just never invited him back.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

I see Rene Howe has joined Hendon for the forthcoming season - a good player for us and still only 31. Obviously he wasn't on TUFC's radar, and could have done a good job if he fancied coming back.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Efete left Norwich at beginning of May. That fact that he extended his loan and said he enjoyed his time here last season would lead one to think we should have brought him back on a permanent contact. I thought he did really well for us and there is more to him than just a 'regional' football player. Not happy Bath might get him. Do Bath have a bigger budget than us?
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Owers did infer he wanted another central defender - Effete could do the job.