Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Bath City trialist full-back Michee Efete nets the winning goal in pre-season game v Reading
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Reading U23's to be precise.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

And Bath even had a goalkeeper!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Why oh why are some of you of the mindset that bringing back players that were an integral part of the worst ever season in TUFC's history is a good idea ?
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Especially since we already have a number on the books for this season?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

It must be the heat. Some posters on here have gone daft. Do you brand all players with the position their team achieved last year. Do you think that's the way opposing managers do it? If you are going to speak rubbish just keep to your wife...
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

It was a rhetorical point.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Surely its got to be some of the players fault though. Apparently it wasn't Young or McGintys fault because they have gone onto bigger and better things.

It wasn't Dorels fault. It wasn't Wiggy Gowlings fault because the stats say we won every game when he played. Now its not Efete'e fault because he scored when the ball bounced off his knee against Readings fourth team on Saturday.

Obviously Gosling isn't culpable because he is an international and got snapped up by Weston Super Mare.

How many did he score for us last year in 20 odd appearances?- Oh yes that will be a zero.

Bloody Owers - looks like we are playing without a keeper this year. Hes going to get us relegated again.

I reckon the blame lies firmly between Owers because he is a boring wanker and Jamie Reid because he used to play for Exeter.

If Efete is so good why is the best he can do a part time NLS club - oh yes I forgot its Bath City - the new world beaters of the universe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Teigngull wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 12:16 Why oh why are some of you of the mindset that bringing back players that were an integral part of the worst ever season in TUFC's history is a good idea ?
I accept your reasoning and can understand your viewpoint.

For me however, I in no way blame Eefte for our current woes. Every player has a current abilitly and a potential ability which, in simple terms, reflects how good Efete was last season and how good he could became in the futre. How much of Efete potential ability he fufils depends very much on his club surrounding and can be affected by team play, training and coaching etc. I think last season was not condusive to developing his potential (which he undoubtly has), but this season with the right winning mentality, within the team, he could became an intergal part of our promotion push.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

brucie wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 13:36 Bloody Owers - looks like we are playing without a keeper this year. Hes going to get us relegated again...I reckon the blame lies firmly between Owers....
I may not have been as harsh and to the point, but I'm inclined to agree with you.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Heard George Dowling played for City at right back the weekend against Bitton in 4-0 win. (Western League friendly)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Looking more and more likely Tuesdays game will be a hosts of trialists on view. Far from ideal! What happened to the 3 players due to sign last week?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

MellowYellow wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 14:10 I may not have been as harsh and to the point, but I'm inclined to agree with you.
For goodness sake keep up. It's 9-a-side and rushback goalies in NLS =D
TUST member 200 ;-)
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Trialists on Tuesday?

The word on the street must surely be that TUFC is struggling to attract enough players.
TUST member 200 ;-)
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

torq2u wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 20:08 Trialists on Tuesday?

The word on the street must surely be that TUFC is struggling to attract enough players.
Not gone unnoticed by Chelmsford fans re; their forum:

'Torquay don't have many signed yet and are re building a whole new side so that will be a good chance to get 3 points, also they haven't got a goalkeeper signed up yet'.

'Torquay... apparently only have 12 players at training at the moment and only a few from last season have been retained. So they're in the process of an entire rebuild so playing them early could be good as they may be a little under cooked'

Thank goodness they don't know two of the 12 are transfer listed.
'