poole town away

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

nickbrod wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 21:30 Gosh what will the Owers out people say now? Perhaps he was wearing a waistcoat today?
I imagine they will say what anybody who has ever watched football would say....win or lose, play well or not, pre-season games have no bearing on the season to follow. Never have and never will. We lost every game in the pre-season before Leroy got us promoted.

Owers will be judged on the real games.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Agree with you Jerry.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

nickbrod wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 21:30 Gosh what will the Owers out people say now? Perhaps he was wearing a waistcoat today?
Extend his contract, we stuffed Poole!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Totally agree with the sentiment, we can't take anything from P.S.F'S, they are what they say on the tin. however this was a pre-season match against a team from our level, so we can't underestimate the importance of the result, just imagine if we'd lost this one.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

But aren’t they from a lower level or have I got that wrong . But I agree we can’t take much from this.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Apologies, I hadn't noticed Poole had been relegated from the NLS, however still important in my view the game was won comfortably.
Formerly known as forevertufc
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

A little review with player ratings and snapshot opinion.

Having chatted to some of the players (whilst warming up as subs) and other fans I have tried to form a rounded view but in the main ratings are derived from personal opinion.

Bass - 8/10 - Made two great saves, good handling and good footwork.

Essuman - 7/10 - Would be a 6 but scored a goal. Marking was poor, definitely the loudest of the defence, gave away to many cheap fouls.
Sokolik - 5/10 - Doesn't communicate at all, seems to get pushed off the ball easily and was caught out a few times.
Gowling - 7/10 - I am not his biggest fan BUT big difference at the back when he came on.
Niati - 6/10 - Huge chap, not that quick and far to early to judge.
Wynter - 7/10 - Bit of pace and dead ball distribution sound.
Davis - 7/10 - Usual good footwork, usual poor distribution, worked hard.
Nabi - 7/10 - Would have been an 8 but for being very unfit, made us laugh a little when Martin Kuhl was 'geeing' him up, saying 'come on son this is how we get fit' - almost keeled over after 60 minutes.
Hall - 5/10 - I don't know what to say other than I am not sure he made a single completed pass.
Reid - 6/10 - The normal :)
Keating - 5/10 - Looks very low on confidence.
Williams - 8/10 - Bagged a couple of goals and kept going (for once) until the very end. Very good.
Banton - 7/10 - Glimpses of really good stuff.
Pittman - 4/10 - Time to move on...

Trialist A - 6/10 - Played full 90 against Forest Green, played half against Poole, looked ok in parts, can head the ball - defensive player.
Trialist B - 9/10 - Different class of midfielder, not fit but awesome vision.
Trialist C - 5/10 - In all honesty I don't recall so can't have been that good.

Sorry if I left anyone out, I didn't put positions as players regularly switched all over in the second half.

Pre-season friendlies and their results are irrelevant in many ways, but good to see trialists and signings in action. Game was at 75% pace, Poole were very poor and are definitely NOT a true reflection of the National League South although it was good to see that our unfit team was fitter than the Poole team in the last 30 minutes.

Far to early to be writing this team off, whether you like Owers or not, or you see a future of Osbourne chucking the dirt over the TUFC grave, lets get behind the players and make Plainmoor a really tough place for visiting teams to come.
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Cheers for your thoughts, quiet gull. Who is Trialist B then?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Martin Kuhl's son knowing our luck!!!!
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Surprised as someone usually manages to sniff out the identities of our trialists.
QG - do you also mean that Trialist B and C were different to the ones at Forest Green?
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

Yep, appears they were different.

Trialist A - The lad who played full match against FG.

Trialist B - A class player who although looks unfit, would be a superb addition, vision and ability to move with ball... a must signing, apparently played overseas at higher level and had a while out of game. No idea if this is true, just hear-say...

Trialist C - As said, don't remember any significant impact.

I hope the defence can form a better relationship, not expecting them to be telepathic after 2 games and new faces but Poole should have scored at least 2 early goals.

Attack we do look a threat but Asa Hall is not going to create for us so we need the likes of Nabi and Banton to step up... or potentially sign Trialist B.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

jono_Gull209 wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 15:50 Cheers for your thoughts, quiet gull. Who is Trialist B then?
Tried using the google face recognition to no luck.

There was a few rumours circulating, and 'one player' said his name was 'Tom' - helpful!

Apparantly been out of the game a while, but that said, looked a nice prospect.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

TWO GOOD SIGNINGS ARE IMMINENT, centre half from north east premier league club and ex Torquay l/back./l midfielder , decent signing.
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Thanks Quiet Gull for your opinioins, much appreciated.
TUST No 278
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Don’t suppose trialist B was Ryan Dickson...?!