Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 13:23 Anyone on here who runs a kids sunday league team couldn't do any worse than Owers with the squad he has and the many benefits his team enjoy over other part time amateur clubs in the NLS.

Maybe the club should run an innovative competition?

Fans put their name into a hat to manage the team for 5 games and whoever gets pulled out does so and if they do better than Owers (which is highly likely) then they can have the job for the rest of the season and Owers gets to go where he deserves to be. Signing on.

I also read recently that Paul Sturrock has gone back to Bonnie Scotland to scout for Dundee United. He did offer the club advice and the club ignored / refused his free help. What a total collection of belmers we have running TUFC. :red:
Sturrock was sat a few rows behind me at Home Park yesterday so not sure how much scouting he's doing in Scotland.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

He's the scout in England for Dundee United. Sorry, didn't explain that clearly Burnham.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Harrop has zero accountability. If this was my club he would be out the door with anyone who is connected with the woeful underperformance of this club.

I’d love to buy the club some day and make some big changes but perhaps a fans led takeover could be a old option with the right leaders and backers?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 15:44 Harrop has zero accountability. If this was my club he would be out the door with anyone who is connected with the woeful underperformance of this club.

I’d love to buy the club some day and make some big changes but perhaps a fans led takeover could be a old option with the right leaders and backers?
Fans perhaps should have been advised better when Thea etc left if i'm being ultra picky and maybe it would have been viable then with more fans coming forward to put money in. I don't think it was handled very well at all at the time and fans were not really kept up to date with the severity of the situation. It's not for me though to pick holes in that temporary running of the club because it was all they could do to keep the club simply running and fulfilling the fixtures at that time. It was chaotic for sure which i can appreciate.

Unfortunately however, that was the key time where fans perhaps could have taken over but it all happened so quickly and nobody was really ready.

Before anyone knew what day it was, Osborne had swooped and the rest is history.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Yorkieandy wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 15:54 Fans perhaps should have been advised better when Thea etc left if i'm being ultra picky and maybe it would have been viable then with more fans coming forward to put money in. I don't think it was handled very well at all at the time and fans were not really kept up to date with the severity of the situation. It's not for me though to pick holes in that temporary running of the club because it was all they could do to keep the club simply running and fulfilling the fixtures at that time. It was chaotic for sure which i can appreciate.

Unfortunately however, that was the key time where fans perhaps could have taken over but it all happened so quickly and nobody was really ready.

Before anyone knew what day it was, Osborne had swooped and the rest is history.
Dave Phillips etc wouldn’t have anything to do with TUST.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Apologies Gullpower. I may be misinformed. If anyone can put me right if so then that would be great.

Was Mr Phillips part of the Stephen Breed consortium or was he not and then gained overall control from them before selling up to GI?
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

In the past few days, I have heard stories from two sources that players don't like or respect Gary Owers. Okay - they may just be rumours, but no smoke without fire as they say. After the Slough debacle, he had a chance to change things over the next four games - three at home and Gloucester away. He failed abysmally at the first hurdle. In my view, the players he has brought in are good enough to get us out of this league, but looking at them yesterday, they are not enjoying their football and are not a close knit team. Gary Johnson would be a good appointment, but I can't see him being interested in dropping down to NLS.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I have a feeling we lose tomorrow and he’s gone or even a a draw.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Yorkieandy wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 16:33 Apologies Gullpower. I may be misinformed. If anyone can put me right if so then that would be great.

Was Mr Phillips part of the Stephen Breed consortium or was he not and then gained overall control from them before selling up to GI?
Steve Breed was a member of that group. At the time he was also a member of TUST (and may well still be). He left and later answered questions about his time as part of the group on this forum
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

YorkshireGully wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 19:20 Far too harsh on Owers. Need to give the man another 15 games minimum to prove himself. I also can't help but see a lot of Stubsy in Reidy, top player can't let him go.
YorkshireGully
You've posted the same thing twice.

How hilarious!
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Billericay sacked there manager... They mean business and want to go up...
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I bet they go and get Gary Johnson too ex Cheltenham manager
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Get Nicho back never mind **** Gary Johnson
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

notnow wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 20:04 Get Nicho back never mind **** Gary Johnson
It's a tough call.

Gary Jonhnson who has managed over 1000 games and won promotion 5 times with 3 different clubs, won the FA Trophy and took a side to within 1 game of reaching the Premier League.

Or Kevin Nicholson who has managed less than 100 games, presided over 2 relegation battles and hasn't managed in the 12 months since he was sacked.

:|
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

But has been coaching at a Premier League Club who were really impressed by him.
Just to balance Jerry's argument ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com