Woking v Torquay United

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

dawlishmatt wrote: ↑14 Feb 2021, 16:17 One bit of good news about the Dover situation, they were /are due to play Sutton away on Tuesday 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
So?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: ↑14 Feb 2021, 16:17 One bit of good news about the Dover situation, they were /are due to play Sutton away on Tuesday 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
You need to do a bit of research first....
As we are one of the teams that have played and beaten them.... :}
If the expunge their results, we'd be 3pts worse off for a start.......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

I always do my research SNR. My comments were meant in a light hearted way, Sutton have one less match to catch us.
Seriously, I believe that if Dover fail to play on Tuesday, the National league will know that they are serious about the funding issues and that this will force the league to sort out this Farce before next week. I know ( because I do my research) that the majority of the North and south leagues want to end the season now due to the financial mess the national league has created.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I notice two league south clubs, Tonbridge and Maidstone have also furloughed their staff, as it stands the league is losing control of the agenda and just fire fighting the repercussions.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

Exactly Culmstockgull. So many clubs refusing to play, the league will have to sort this out. I bet that in the next few days, after Tuesday, the national league will magically find the funds as promised, and give all member clubs grants to survive until the end of the season or when the fans return.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Or by some magic throw of the dice they will end the League and conclude that a London team Sutton have won it....
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by culmstockgull »

Dawlsihmatt, you have more confidence in the league than I do, Logically, they need to find another ten million or so at no cost to the clubs.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by dawlishmatt »

I have little confidence in the league. I personally believe that because the majority of clubs in the league wish to continue but up to seven clubs in the national league wish to end the season because of debts, the national league will have little option than to pay the clubs grants not loans, perhaps taking out the loan themselves and repaying the loan themselves.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

All staff at Dover FC have been furloughed ? Funny that - someone has forgot to tell them to switch off their on-line shop. Or is it all staff except those who work in area's they can still make profit from! Cherry-picking comes to mind.
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

We have to disregard everything going on around us concerning other Clubs and concentrate on our own agenda, which is to get EVERYONE fully fit and win our matches.

Clubs with three or four matches in hand, very rarely win them all - how many sides have won their last four?

We have to get our "first team" on the pitch, avoid suspensions by not picking up stupid bookings and go on a winning run.

COYY.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

the mistake was letting the NLS & NLN start in the first place

It should have just been the National League where the vast majority of teams are full time and have direct implications for the EFL
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Can't argue with that United in Devon. Seems spot on. Far too logical for some of the Godfathers of the game who are on the National League board though. Hopefully the clubs who are full time will learn from all of this and cease being hooked into a system that compounds relegation from Football League.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by culmstockgull »

Dazza, are you suggesting that the football league does not have relegation, if so where does that leave us and other clubs aspiring to get back into the league.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

No personally I would have a Division Three of the Football League. Some where for clubs with fair community support, real pitches, and reasonable stadia to shelter if they have a difficult season. Football is the national game. The Football League should strive for it to be represented nationally.
It shouldn't be a play thing for multi millionaires mainly in urban areas with egos many times bigger than their spectator support.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by culmstockgull »

Dazza, While I personally agree with some of your views the equality in football ship sailed long ago and will never return, Money will always talk the loudest, I am surprised that the premier league has not made a stronger case for no relegation so as to protect their precious money making club.