Well played Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Hazbo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robinson

Well played Torquay

Post by Hazbo »

Hi, Shrews fan here. Just wanted to say as bad as we were, you guys were awesome today and fully deserved yr victory, but dont get too carried away, its not over yet and friday is going to be a cracker as we cant play that badly again, (i hope so at least) Looks like Sharps, who's been a rock at the back all season will be missing tho. Majority of STFC fans completley puzzled by our inept performance today, which was embarrasing to be quite honest but we'll be throwing everything at you come friday! Credit must be given to you guys where its due tho, Well played. :clap:
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Did you play badly, or did we not let you play?

You'd have to fancy us to nick a goal as well.

Bring it on!!!!
TUST #324
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

So far on agg we lead 8-1. No doubt we will have a backlash but to be honest the way you've played against us this season I'm not really worried.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Many thanks that could not have been easy,however this game is not over not by a long chalk,i think our team should have won 3.0 atleast and had that happened this game would have been done and dusted however at 2.0,it only takes a goal and it will look so different.

Tend agree with Numpte,i think it was more of the case that our team closed yours down very quickly all game long and never let you settle,glad Sharps is out for the second leg,and please play Grandison he is fast becoming our best player.
Formerly known as forevertufc
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Agree with most of what has been said, fairplay for coming on here to say something about it as well, Shrews fan.

Definitely think this one is far from over. I would have been a lot more happy had we secured a third goal, but i think i heard some stat (correct me if i'm wrong!) that it has been 17 years since a team in league two has overturned a 2-goal deficit to get to the final.

The first goal on friday will be crucial, could start the play-off final party for us, or could light up that Shrewsbury attacking flair which has been seen in the league this season. However, i think more credit does have to be given to Torquay, people are saying it's Shrewsbury who didn't play well, but as someone said earlier, that could just be Buckle's game plan working well and stifling the Shrewsbury threat, which i think we did very well today, they got harried into playing hoffball at times and Branno and Robbo can deal with that against most at this level, even that rangey Matt Harrold up top, who tbh i thought looked quite lethagic at times.

All that being said, i think we are still in for a tough friday!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Boom Boom wrote:So far on agg we lead 8-1. No doubt we will have a backlash but to be honest the way you've played against us this season I'm not really worried.
Dangerous talk. They finished 4th in the League for a reason. We don't need to fear them, but we do have to respect them. The moment you get too casual, this games bites you. At 2-0 it is still all to play for. A goal for them and it's squeaky bum time.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

stevegull wrote:Agree with most of what has been said, fairplay for coming on here to say something about it as well, Shrews fan.

Definitely think this one is far from over. I would have been a lot more happy had we secured a third goal, but i think i heard some stat (correct me if i'm wrong!) that it has been 17 years since a team in league two has overturned a 2-goal deficit to get to the final.

The first goal on friday will be crucial, could start the play-off final party for us, or could light up that Shrewsbury attacking flair which has been seen in the league this season. However, i think more credit does have to be given to Torquay, people are saying it's Shrewsbury who didn't play well, but as someone said earlier, that could just be Buckle's game plan working well and stifling the Shrewsbury threat, which i think we did very well today, they got harried into playing hoffball at times and Branno and Robbo can deal with that against most at this level, even that rangey Matt Harrold up top, who tbh i thought looked quite lethagic at times.

All that being said, i think we are still in for a tough friday!
Find out who that team was on the 'Remember, remember' thread, started by Highweekgull...
Hazbo
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robinson

Post by Hazbo »

Hi again guys, Well to be fair, that was the worst ive seen us play since Bury away, also shown live on Sky, (its becoming a bit of a bogey for us) we were appalling at Aldershot too but in between we have played some good football at times. Do tend to put in an absolute stinker from time to time tho. Having said that, even if we had played a better game, im not sure we could have kept up with you guys, Torquay's movement was great and after Sharps went off we seemed to have no idea what we were doing out there. Grandison hasnt played much either and i think the nerves got to him a bit, to be fair, least he managed to stay on the pitch this time.

Your right tho, luckily its not over yet and although we will have no choice but to go for it, if you guys score first, which your more than capable of doing, its game over for us which will be galling given that 3rd spot should of been ours after Wycombe's phantom goal, still, no point banging on about that! Shrews fans in general are licking their wounds today and thankful that were just 2 down. If you beat us tho over the 2 legs, im sure many Shrews fans will wish you all the best at O.T and hope you go on and win it. Will miss coming down to Torquay tho. :~D
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Fonda wrote:Dangerous talk. They finished 4th in the League for a reason. We don't need to fear them, but we do have to respect them. The moment you get too casual, this games bites you. At 2-0 it is still all to play for. A goal for them and it's squeaky bum time.
Banter innit.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

effectively it's 2-0 at half time.

we've got to be happy with that but the next goal is so important.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele