Everyone needs a bit of Bully?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Everyone needs a bit of Bully?

Post by yellow »

Article in the Sunday Times today featuring Steve Bull

Q Which was the worst ground?

A You are looking at grounds like Torquay and Halifax. When we were in the Third and Fourth Divisions, in the doldrums for two or three years, you used to have to go to these places. Torquay was a nightmare to get to. It was three or four hours on the coach. The dressing rooms were like shoeboxes. With the amount of kit and boots that footballers have, you need space and it was like sitting in a dentist s reception.

Well Steve we sure filled you in during the Sherpa Van semi-final in 1989.... :)
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

LOL,

Yes nice to see Steve's career in management has so far taken him to the dizzy heights of the glamourous and chic Stafford Rangers, and their wonderfull little ground, not!
Plainmoor, its changing rooms, and all its querky little characteristics are like the Beverly Wiltshire LA, compared to that place. :)
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Cheeky get
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Didn't mention the scum :O :)

Can't compare our ground to some I have been to :| e.g - Hereford, Sailsbury, etc!

But a good team is all that matters! Unwards and upwards ;-) ;-)

Not goanna take notice to some twit! :)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

yellow wrote:Article in the Sunday Times today featuring Steve Bull

Q Which was the worst ground?

A You are looking at grounds like Torquay and Halifax. When we were in the Third and Fourth Divisions, in the doldrums for two or three years, you used to have to go to these places. Torquay was a nightmare to get to. It was three or four hours on the coach. The dressing rooms were like shoeboxes. With the amount of kit and boots that footballers have, you need space and it was like sitting in a dentist s reception.

Well Steve we sure filled you in during the Sherpa Van semi-final in 1989.... :)
Yes, you complete and utter retard, that's how geography works, some places are further away than others.
Think how we feel, EVERYWHERE is three or four hours away from us, you only have (had) to do it once a year.
Sit down, shut up.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

ferrarilover wrote: Yes, you complete and utter retard, that's how geography works, some places are further away than others.
Think how we feel, EVERYWHERE is three or four hours away from us, you only have (had) to do it once a year.
Sit down, shut up.

Matt.

:lol: :lol: :) :) :lol: :lol:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Just to make it interesting and relative to the proposed grandstand rebuild, this thread has been pulled from archive page 11 with special emphasis on the first quoted post.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

You mean the first post which contains a quote from an article, or the first post to contain a quote from another post?

Either way, I forgot I'd written that, but, since it made me laugh when I read it again, I stick by what I said.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

No Matt no. The first post where yellow quotes Bully from an article relative to the dressing room conditions.

The rebuild must go ahead due to Football League criteria.

My point in conjunction with the other thread, is the effect this is having on our budget and why everything is uncertain at the moment.

I hope there is now some clarity.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

what a prat.

at the time he was playing for a club who shouldnt have - with all honesty been in div4/league 2.

but guess what? you were playing sh*t football for a sh*t team and got relegated.

what a shame then you had to "spend 3 or 4hrs on the coach" and visit our hallowed turf and the dressing room were

"too small." welcome to the bottom of the league pyramid - could have been worse you could have had to visit histon!

well mr bull - f**k off.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

what he said ^.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Didn't last long at Stafford Rangers with that billy big b*llocks attitude, did he ?

Basic ass in the grass, grass roots football for me, played it still watching it.

HUZZAH !!!

Now back to Victorian changing rooms . . .