TORQUAY FA CUP TIE SELECTED FOR LIVE TV COVERAGE

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

TORQUAY FA CUP TIE SELECTED FOR LIVE TV COVERAGE

Post by MellowYellow »

Torquay United's Emirates FA Cup First Round tie against Derby County will be shown live on ITV.

Television fee for live broadcast of 1st round is £67,500.

Match to be played Sunday 6th November 2022 (3pm kick-off).
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Great news and £ bonus

will hopefully be able to watch even though im abroad

With another thread highlighting a lot of games in short time - use the money for some additional recruits!!
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

MellowYellow wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 17:03 Torquay United's Emirates FA Cup First Round tie against Derby County will be shown live on ITV.

Television fee for live broadcast of 1st round is £67,500.

Match to be played Sunday 6th November 2022 (3pm kick-off).
Great news. Where was the date confirmed?
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Oh great, not only do the loyal supporters who attend games having to watch Gary Johnson and his pathetic football team, the whole world gets to see the humiliation that is Torquay United football club twice in as many weeks. At least Uncle Clarke will be happy with the extra dosh.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Is the tv money split?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

dawlishmatt wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 19:00 Oh great, not only do the loyal supporters who attend games having to watch Gary Johnson and his pathetic football team, the whole world gets to see the humiliation that is Torquay United football club twice in as many weeks. At least Uncle Clarke will be happy with the extra dosh.
Speaking about the cup draw, Rams head coach Paul Warne said: "In my career as a manager and a player, I’ve had loads of banana skin games and non-league opposition. It should be a good game at Torquay but I expect it to be really tough.

Now the conundrum who should I believe: dawlishmatt or the Derby County manager. :Oops:
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Admiral wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 19:44 Is the tv money split?
It appears not. Derby County say its £67,000 - although the FA website states "Each club involved in these live broadcast ties will receive a fee of £50,000.
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

MellowYellow wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 19:45 Speaking about the cup draw, Rams head coach Paul Warne said: "In my career as a manager and a player, I’ve had loads of banana skin games and non-league opposition. It should be a good game at Torquay but I expect it to be really tough.

Now the conundrum who should I believe: dawlishmatt or the Derby County manager. :Oops:
Although what Paul Warne says publicly will be a mile away from what he says to his players. They are League 1 players playing the team bottom of the National League with one of the poorest GD's in the top 5 leagues. TUFC struggle to score, happily concede. If Paul Warne is looking at this match as a really tough task compared with getting Derby back into the Championship then he's in the wrong job.
Chrisjb66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chrisjb66 »

Dawlishmatt….a true supporter through good times and bad.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

Chrisjb66 wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 09:19 Dawlishmatt….a true supporter through good times and bad.
Having seen Torquay united play at 89 grounds from Carlisle to Southend, Scarborough to Swansea, Scunthorpe, Halifax, Rochdale, Coventry, West Brom and Newport County, I would say that I'm a true supporter. What about you chrisjb66, how many away games have you seen Torquay play at?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

dawlishmatt wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 10:22 Having seen Torquay united play at 89 grounds from Carlisle to Southend, Scarborough to Swansea, Scunthorpe, Halifax, Rochdale, Coventry, West Brom and Newport County, I would say that I'm a true supporter. What about you chrisjb66, how many away games have you seen Torquay play at?
What difference does that make?
Have you been to Alty? Or Barrow? Or Gateshead?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

dawlishmatt wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 10:22 Having seen Torquay united play at 89 grounds from Carlisle to Southend, Scarborough to Swansea, Scunthorpe, Halifax, Rochdale, Coventry, West Brom and Newport County, I would say that I'm a true supporter. What about you chrisjb66, how many away games have you seen Torquay play at?
:goodpost: dawlishmatt
Some disrespect from some here...half would not know who the likes of Sandercock, Mahoney, Stuckey, Chatterley, Rioch or Boulton were,
but naturally as always they know best :lol:
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

dawlishmatt wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 19:00 Oh great, not only do the loyal supporters who attend games having to watch Gary Johnson and his pathetic football team, the whole world gets to see the humiliation that is Torquay United football club twice in as many weeks. At least Uncle Clarke will be happy with the extra dosh.
Nobody is forcing you or anybody else to watch it !!

And before you ask yes I have also been to those exotic towns & places ! Workington, Scunthorpe,. Carlise Darlington, Port Vale ,Forest Green all twice ! Plus many others at least once !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Ken & Phil ! Mike, Bruce , Lew another Bruce and a Clint !!!!