TORQUAY FA CUP TIE SELECTED FOR LIVE TV COVERAGE

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 14:20 What difference does that make?
Have you been to Alty? Or Barrow? Or Gateshead?
HI SNW, Yep ive been to all 3 and each time I spent the weekend at the in-laws in Scarborough. Mrs Dawlish is from Scarborough but she saw the light and moved to the South West. The day after a Scarborough match, I met a certain Dave Thomas on the long Train Journey from York Station to Newton Abbot. Dave spent the weekend with friends in Filey.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Dutchgull wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 14:36 Ken & Phil ! Mike, Bruce , Lew another Bruce and a Clint !!!!
:clap: Google to the rescue again :lol:
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

FA Cup tickets are on sale;

Adults £20

Concession £15
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

FA Cup tickets are on sale;

Adults £20

Concession £15
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Just looking at the pricing......adult plus 2 teenagers buying on matchday for the Family Stand is £50. I thought the pricing looked a little bit rich esp with the game on TV. Be interesting how many choose to support from home and keep the pounds in their pockets.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Chelston TUFC wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 21:29 Just looking at the pricing......adult plus 2 teenagers buying on matchday for the Family Stand is £50. I thought the pricing looked a little bit rich esp with the game on TV. Be interesting how many choose to support from home and keep the pounds in their pockets.
Similar to normal matchday pricing so not that bothered. To be expected to put a quid or two on top. There will always be those that watch from home but I'd rather spend a few bob more and be there in person. For me, the lad and father-in-law £52. Happy enough with that.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Yellow6 wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 22:15 Similar to normal matchday pricing so not that bothered. To be expected to put a quid or two on top. There will always be those that watch from home but I'd rather spend a few bob more and be there in person. For me, the lad and father-in-law £52. Happy enough with that.
If we were playing Accrington, (same division as Derby) would you expect an increase on admission? Obviously not! Therefore, it is plain extortion by the club. Given the performances this season, the very least one would wish for, is that prices were the same as a league match. Even better, would have been a reduction in prices, as a way of apologising for our inept performances at "fortress Plainmoor". :scarf:
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I struggle to understand the thinking at the club anymore, we are bottom of the league, we cannot buy a win except against a team of part timers and overall in that one the consensus seems to be they deserved it more than we did.
We collected win money from the Hampton game, have an unexpected bonus in tele money then they get greedy with the ticket prices,that would have cost me with travelling a pie and a pint over £90 for the three of us.
Everyone is cutting back at the moment, and what would have been a possible 5000 crowd will now be nearer to 3500 even with travelling supporters, if my sums are anywhere near correct they have lost not only ticket sales, drinks and food monies but also annoyed a lot of supporters.
So regretably it will be the tele for me and mine.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 10:50 I struggle to understand the thinking at the club anymore, we are bottom of the league, we cannot buy a win except against a team of part timers and overall in that one the consensus seems to be they deserved it more than we did.
We collected win money from the Hampton game, have an unexpected bonus in tele money then they get greedy with the ticket prices,that would have cost me with travelling a pie and a pint over £90 for the three of us.
Everyone is cutting back at the moment, and what would have been a possible 5000 crowd will now be nearer to 3500 even with travelling supporters, if my sums are anywhere near correct they have lost not only ticket sales, drinks and food monies but also annoyed a lot of supporters.
So regretably it will be the tele for me and mine.
Just dont go then and watch it on TV - how about that?
It will cost me more than you but I will be there.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 12:10 Just dont go then and watch it on TV - how about that?
It will cost me more than you but I will be there.
I seriously hope you are not a club advisor because if you are is it any wonder we are losing supporters every season !
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

DevonBee wrote: 22 Oct 2022, 12:19 I seriously hope you are not a club advisor because if you are is it any wonder we are losing supporters every season !
No, I'm just a loyal supporter.... :)
The club are trying to maximise the game - people on here moan that they dont do it most of the time FFS.
The club can't win.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Poor performances all season, 'hey let's put the prices up for the cup'.
I agree, this is a poor move in the current climate. Added to the stupidity of not paying on the gate, but only bring able to pay cash for food.
A potential 4-5000 gate is now a somewhat distant dream.
No reward for those that go/suffer every game. Today's attendance may show how the support is for us at the moment 1,800 or more and I'd be happy.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

DevonBee wrote: 21 Oct 2022, 19:15 :clap: Google to the rescue again :lol:
I don't need Google to identify players I have seen over the last 50 years ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will Google them to see if they are even there , Bruce Rioch surely but the rest could be interesting !!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

No mention of Ken Sandercock or Lew Chatterley but Phil got one line ! Mike Mahoney, Clint Boulton and Bruce Stuckey had a couple of lines but obviously Bruce Rioch has a good write up !!
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Dutchgull wrote: 25 Oct 2022, 19:59 I don't need Google to identify players I have seen over the last 50 years ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will Google them to see if they are even there , Bruce Rioch surely but the rest could be interesting !!
well done Dutchgull, 50 years you deserve a medal buddy.....my comment was also aimed at the new brigade here that would never have heard
of the players I mentioned. Some real quality listed :scarf: