New Signing - Ricky Aguiar

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

New Signing - Ricky Aguiar

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Come from Swindon Town.
Good experience too..... :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Bad signing, not enough experience, or has at a lower level, only 21, we need proper players in, not untried gambles/inexperienced unknowns.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 13:37 Bad signing, not enough experience, or has at a lower level, only 21, we need proper players in, not untried gambles/inexperienced unknowns.
Must be awful being miserable all the time
jono_Gull209
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by jono_Gull209 »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 13:37 Bad signing, not enough experience, or has at a lower level, only 21, we need proper players in, not untried gambles/inexperienced unknowns.
Clueless.
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

Experience needed. Ricky Aguilar has only started ONE match for Swindon with seven sub appearances. Sounds like more of the same to me but give the boy a chance, welcome to Torquay..,.....and a hat trick on debut would be fine !

Last player to do that I think was Effion Williams in a 3-0 win at home to Hartlepool - seems like a lifetime ago.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Mr Tea808 Lee Sharpe was 16 when he came to Torquay United and I can give you plenty more examples.

If you are good enough you are old enough.

Sinclair Armstrong and Duke McKenna last season were young but lovely to watch.

Brighten up you might get a surprise!!
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

Related to matty
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

The current state of TUFC is bleak, I'm not being captain obvious here, but 23rd in the NL 1 home league win all season, and we are hiring unknowns to get us out of the situation, Lee Sharpe example is totally irrelevant to our situation right now, and trust me, that's the exception to the norm, looking at the lad from Swindon, he's only played nl south level, so why get him in?, We've tried all these youngsters, and the majority do not work out, it's a huge gamble at this time of the season, with everything in the mix, you think it's wise to sign him?, Last season was bad, but it wasn't on a par with 2022/23, so please don't give me that.Ive seen enough football to have a clue as to what I'm talking about, Honestly, who genuinely knows anything about the lad until today?,
teddiebear
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teddiebear »

His dad did
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Get a grip. Duke had only played at the division below and Sinclair scored his first professional goal with us. Could be a very good signing.
The gulls are going up
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

gullno4 trust me, I know what I'm talking about, you can have your views, I respect them, but don't come back at me telling me to get a grip, if your next to bottom in the NL you need quality, proven players to get you up the league.surely you cannot deny that, or disagree?,it's nothing against the lad, but now isn't the time to gamble.
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 18:57 gullno4 trust me, I know what I'm talking about, you can have your views, I respect them, but don't come back at me telling me to get a grip, if your next to bottom in the NL you need quality, proven players to get you up the league.surely you cannot deny that, or disagree?,it's nothing against the lad, but now isn't the time to gamble.
I'm sorry, which teams have you managed?
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

A huge gamble once again by Johnson on a guy nobody has heard of...and another midfielder to cover up for the total Dross he has signed so far in this truely woeful season so far.
I hope we have a ball winner, who can tackle and find a pass , somebody with guts that has the muscle for the fight ahead. A goal in him would
not go amiss or am I expecting too much on an inexperienced 21 year old. Good luck to Ricky play your own game I sincerely hope it works out well for both parties.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

GullsUnited, don't be clever, who on this forum has managed?, And I don't mean 6 a side at clennon valley, it's a view, an opinion, and whilst I'm on this forum, I'll give it, I've not had a personal dig at anyone, TUFC are sailing into the abyss, and now isn't the time for untried youngsters-in my view.And for what is worth, I never claimed or said I've managed any team, have I?
GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

Mr Tea808 wrote: 04 Jan 2023, 19:18 GullsUnited, don't be clever, who on this forum has managed?, And I don't mean 6 a side at clennon valley, it's a view, an opinion, and whilst I'm on this forum, I'll give it, I've not had a personal dig at anyone, TUFC are sailing into the abyss, and now isn't the time for untried youngsters-in my view.And for what is worth, I never claimed or said I've managed any team, have I?
You seem to have a knowledge of exactly what is needed without having any experience of management, give your opinion all you want but you should equally expect people to disagree with you, this isn't a personal dig, just pointing out that you have a lack of experience so your opinion means diddly squat