New Signing Kevin Dawson from Gloucester City.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

New Signing Kevin Dawson from Gloucester City.

Post by portugull »

United have signed Kevin Dawson on Loan from Gloucester City for the remainder of the season.

The 32 year old midfielder is well known to Gary Johnson from his time at Yeovil Town and Dawson has played in the Championship.

Worryingly I cannot find his playing record for 2022/23 and if he could not get in the team at Gloucester City is he fit? Time will tell.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid

Post by Brewers boy »

On the bench today.
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

Not being nasty to him, but if he hasn't played this season he should fit into our defence just fine

The only positive is, he has years of experience behind him and should bring solidarity to our back line what we have been missing all season
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Dutchgull »

I think he will play in midfield !!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

If dropping into the lower leagues for experienced players perhaps could have picked up Pitman for his goal scoring record

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64829016
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

Hardly a signing to set the pulse racing!!
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

portugull wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 14:52 Worryingly I cannot find his playing record for 2022/23 and if he could not get in the team at Gloucester City is he fit? Time will tell.
According to the Gloucester City website he has joined us so he can regain match fitness.
So there you have it, we're in a relegation battle and we sign a player that is not even match fit.
Still GJ has worked with him in the past at Cheltenham so that's all right, Dan Holman mk2?
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

It does make me wonder if my hunch all along is right, are we gearing up for relegation?, Strange signing from a lower league club, and not match fit..
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

portugull wrote: 04 Mar 2023, 14:52 Worryingly I cannot find his playing record for 2022/23 and if he could not get in the team at Gloucester City is he fit?
He has played 4 games this season. Although he was supporters' and players' player of the season for the 2021/22 season he has struggled to retain his first team place this season within City's squad of 32.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

I will reserve judgement until fit, but hardly an inspirational signing is it 🤔
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

Whose idea was it to sign a player well past his prime and who isn't fit enough to play 90 minutes?

The club's recruitment over the past two seasons has, on the whole, been an absolute joke!!
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

Another one to add to the 'Dads Army' probably unable to last 90 minutes Brigade.
They are going to have to get him fit pretty damn quick or the season will be over. Let's hope his experience when fit , will count and make a positive impact for our survival hopes.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

it screams desperation, a league below, not played all season but its good enough for us.

the recruitment has been awful. how are we not knocking on Exeter or Plymouths door for a forward or midfielder.

as soon as lee johnson left bristol city that was it we couldn't rely on the loans from them and its all coming out in the wash how the recruitment really works.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I think this is a signing just to give us an option in midfield, with Hall showing no signs of making an appearance anytime soon, Lapslie running himself into the ground, evans is not a defensively minded midfielder and the rest of last summers so called midfielders being played everywhere accept where they should be, he has experience and maturity but on saturday he hardly touched the ball for his second half cameo, I do not believe for one moment you cannot find a suitable fully fit midfielder of the right calibre if you wanted too, it just comes down to money.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by DevonBee »

culmstockgull wrote: 07 Mar 2023, 10:57 I think this is a signing just to give us an option in midfield, with Hall showing no signs of making an appearance anytime soon, Lapslie running himself into the ground, evans is not a defensively minded midfielder and the rest of last summers so called midfielders being played everywhere accept where they should be, he has experience and maturity but on saturday he hardly touched the ball for his second half cameo, I do not believe for one moment you cannot find a suitable fully fit midfielder of the right calibre if you wanted too, it just comes down to money.
Personally if Dawson is the best option..... I would have called Alex Moyse back for added cover, from what I saw of him pre-season he will add more to this squad than Hanson . As for Hall, was it Yeovil away on Jan 1st he last played ?