Seating & Travel Arrangements - Old Trafford.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
smithy86
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branno

Post by smithy86 »

Random one but does anyone know if travelling with travel club, can you drink on the bus?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

No alcohol allowed on any coaches mate.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

To be fair, while I blame the club for this fiasco, I think it's slightly unfair to single out a person who wields little power within the club. It shouldn't be solely her decision or responsibility (and highly doubt it is).

Without being present in the backroom when these decisions were made, we shouldn't condemn someone that may not have the final say.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

It wasn't meant as a personal attack although I understand why Darryl as her husband would want to defend her, but she is the Club Secretary. Sally Eagling managed to arrange things 2 years ago and also made it known on the OS when it was done. She also called me so I could let people on here know. What have we heard from the Club officially today? Oh yes, tickets will be available for collection in Totnes. This is my real problem with the club, the organisation stinks, the fiasco for the Crawley game set us back, this golden opportunity to raise the profile of the club within the area has already started badly and potential fans don't forget this kind of thing. Fans ordering tickets for family members are finding out they have random seats, some fans told they can't sit in a designated area, some told they can. Why do we as a club always have these kind of issues? Is the Stevenage fans forum full of people moaning about the ticket arrangements? Are we just expecting too much? I don't think so.
Dave

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

basil75 wrote:To be fair, while I blame the club for this fiasco, I think it's slightly unfair to single out a person who wields little power within the club. It shouldn't be solely her decision or responsibility (and highly doubt it is).

Without being present in the backroom when these decisions were made, we shouldn't condemn someone that may not have the final say.
Money, real money, "talks"

Mr Paul Bristow didn't do much talking, he was too busy walking, leading by example.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote:It wasn't meant as a personal attack although I understand why Darryl as her husband would want to defend her, but she is the Club Secretary. Sally Eagling managed to arrange things 2 years ago and also made it known on the OS when it was done. She also called me so I could let people on here know. What have we heard from the Club officially today? Oh yes, tickets will be available for collection in Totnes. This is my real problem with the club, the organisation stinks, the fiasco for the Crawley game set us back, this golden opportunity to raise the profile of the club within the area has already started badly and potential fans don't forget this kind of thing. Fans ordering tickets for family members are finding out they have random seats, some fans told they can't sit in a designated area, some told they can. Why do we as a club always have these kind of issues? Is the Stevenage fans forum full of people moaning about the ticket arrangements? Are we just expecting too much? I don't think so.
totally agree dave.

you would have thought they'd have learnt their lesson and sorted it out.

as a company its shameful. if my company acted like this then we wouldnt have any customers!

i was really looking forward to another "big" meet - but wont be bothering - i like trojan will be watching it on sky....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Im pretty sure everyone will move, i would like to see the stewards stopping hundreds of people say moving to a diffrent seat.
As the stretford end is just one massive stand we can just go and sit anywhere i guess, i no its not "allowed" but people will just follow suit and that will be it. If theres a massive space in the middle i cant see people staying in the corners. Why didnt they just sell form the middle out, would have made more sense.

Plus to the guys who wont be going no more, we still ne your support, i know the club have not done very well with it, but still need ll our fans as its still a massive game.
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

Southampton Gull - agree totally with your analysis! Club really does need to get its act together and those given the PRIVILEGED of leading our club actually do some leading!!!
smithy86
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branno

Post by smithy86 »

Are any pubs or clubs running trips does anyone know?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

It's people like Scott Brehaut I feel sorry for. He's coming over from Guernsey and wants to taste the kind of atmosphere we had at Shrewsbury. He wont get it the way things stand at the moment and has already had to book his ticket to get over here. If it wasn't for him I would definitely stay at home and let the Club, the Football League and Man Utd know exactly what they can do with their pathetic arrangements.
Dave

tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Come on guys and girls. I'm as frustrated as the next person, but let's not start cutting our nose off to spite our face by boycotting the game. Buckle and the players need our support and although the club have screwed up on 'Ticketgate', which I agree is an unacceptable shambles, we don't want to head to Old Trafford with a dark cloud hovering above our heads.

I'll be there, and if I'm cramped next to the corner flag, or have a block to myself, I'm not going to let this cock-up ruin my experience of hopefully toasting a second promotion in three years.
Last edited by tommyg on 22 May 2011, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: totally agree dave.

you would have thought they'd have learnt their lesson and sorted it out.

as a company its shameful. if my company acted like this then we wouldnt have any customers!

i was really looking forward to another "big" meet - but wont be bothering - i like trojan will be watching it on sky....

I'll clarify the highlighted bit : it's something I'm considering at the moment, especially after today's events.

The end result could be TUFC don't make a penny from me and all because it got shitty about a competitor offering the deal that suited me best.
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Right, I need to make a decision on where to sit. My grandparents are getting my tickets and I'm still not sure whether to go for the £26 or £36 tickets.

Any advice would be great. Hoping the club will announce a Pop Side option by tomorrow.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

I would choose the £26 tickets if I were you. I don't think we'll be as restricted in our movement as people think, the same as Wembley in 2009 where freedom of movement was no problem at all.

Hopefully the issue of tickets will go a lot smoother as the kinks in the system are ironed out, and those on the fence will hopefully sway towards supporting the team, who need us there.

On the issue of travel, everyone is free to get there in their own way. I will be driving, as it fits my plans better and see no issue with people going with a travel company that offer an overnight stay if that suits the traveller. Why should people compromise on their plans just because the travel club are the 'official' option?
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

I'd go for the £36
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!