Trollope to you?

General chat about anything else goes here.
roverstilidie

Trollope to you?

Post by roverstilidie »

Only speculation I know but Trollope has been linked with you into todays Bristol evening post.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/bristolr ... ticle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It went stale for him here but he could be a good choice for you. 6 months out of the game could have given him time to reflect on the mistakes he made.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Said before i would be quite happy if he was to come here as Buckle's replacment,still cant see it though,in the event of Bucks leaving and despite what is being said elsewhere i think the club will go for a cheaper option,hope i am wrong of course.

One thing i do know,simply can not wait to get Saturday over with now,so this manager speculation can be put to bed hopefully sooner rather than later.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

Who cares at the moment. Can we talk about this next week?
:( Tommy :)
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Why do people feel they have to reply to topics they don't care about - ignore it and move on to one you are interested in.
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by tommygull »

I care that the topic was posted rather than the topic itself. Apologies for that.
roverstilidie

Post by roverstilidie »

Ok fair enough, I'll delete this post.
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by tommygull »

Don'y worry about it. I'm over-reacting. Still trying to come to terms with the fact that Buckle is off. Just when I was starting to warm to him!
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

Fantastic,our manager is leaving regardless of what happens on Saturday. He might as well say "I've taken Torquay as far as they will ever go"!! What a good morale booster for the players going in to such a massive game!!
A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

tomtom_gull wrote:Fantastic,our manager is leaving regardless of what happens on Saturday. He might as well say "I've taken Torquay as far as they will ever go"!! What a good morale booster for the players going in to such a massive game!!
Exactly! :-D

This is a MASSIVE chance to become a League One club - one that might not come around again for a good few years, you never know what is going to happen in football. And here we have a manager who is ready to pack up and leave for Bristol Rovers, take our backroom staff with him and our player of the year, plus maybe a few others.

This reminds me of 1998 - Kevin Hodges off to Plymouth with Steve McCall and Paul Gibbs while Rodney Jack was set for a big money-move. And looked what happened there!

Please do not get distracted and take this opportunity at Old Trafford, Manchester, Saturday.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

It does kinda take the shine off things doesn't it. We could get promoted to League One and have to find a new manager and lose our most solid player and a potential signing. Hardly a good foundation for starting next season in a higher division.
Makes you wonder if some of the players were playing for us and the team or just for Buckle.

We need to forget this just for a few days and put our positive heads on. TUFC have been through a lot worse. All will be well.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

We've already got a manager?
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

It was obvious at some point Buckle would move on hes even hinted about it before by saying stuff like hes very ambitious and wants to manage at the very top etc....

But i can't help feel very disappointed with him if he takes us to league one and then just leaves. He started with nothing when he took over and hes done a absolutely fantastic job for us i just don't see why he wouldn't at least give it ago with Torquay in league one. If we beat Stevenage of course. :-/
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Especially as its ONLY (!) Bristol Rovers ...He can do far better than them.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Obviously Buckle doesn't fancy managing a league 1 club then. Lets hope he doesn't go on one of his legendary losing runs as soon as he gets there. Can't see the Rovers board being as forgiving as ours.
And as for being able to do better than Bristol Rovers - well he can't because noone else seems to want him.
Like him or not - Buckle is either the luckiest or the best manager we have had for donkeys years.
However the sooner he fecks off to Bristol the better.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Dutchgull wrote:Especially as its ONLY (!) Bristol Rovers ...He can do far better than them.
You have to think if he'd been offered better, he'd have taken it...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."