Ticket Fiasco

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Went up to plainmoor couple weeks ago to get my Chesterfield ticket and was served by a woman who i recognise as a programme seller. asked for 2 adults 1 concession, took me 3 times to repeat it before she did it as she kept saying "so that was 2 concessions and 1 adult?" then i went up yesterday and asked if concessions included students and was told yes by the same lady, then, again it took me 3 times for her to finally realise that i wanted 5 concessions and 2 adults, not 5 adults and 2 concessions! About time TUFC got some staff that know what theyre doing!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

gullsdiv2 wrote:Went up to plainmoor couple weeks ago to get my Chesterfield ticket and was served by a woman who i recognise as a programme seller. asked for 2 adults 1 concession, took me 3 times to repeat it before she did it as she kept saying "so that was 2 concessions and 1 adult?" then i went up yesterday and asked if concessions included students and was told yes by the same lady, then, again it took me 3 times for her to finally realise that i wanted 5 concessions and 2 adults, not 5 adults and 2 concessions! About time TUFC got some staff that know what theyre doing!
I do believe the lady in question is a volunteer and a die hard supporter, and not a full time employee.

Without volunteers who give up their free time, then TUFC really would be up ships creek.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Perhaps the club should at least 'train' such volunteers a little? It's not her fault though as you say.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

I appreciate that she has volunteered but when she's feeding wrong information to the fans and adding an extra 5 minutes onto everyones waiting time in the queue by keep mistaking what they want, then maybe the club would be better employing someone rather than taking on whatever volunteer turns up.
eveshamgull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by eveshamgull »

Just sent an eamil to the football league asking them to make tickets available on the day. If they get enough emails maybe they might take some notice.
I've got my tickets but know of others who live away who want to go but have had no luck with getting through to the club.
EVESHAM EXILES
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

gullsdiv2 wrote:I appreciate that she has volunteered but when she's feeding wrong information to the fans and adding an extra 5 minutes onto everyones waiting time in the queue by keep mistaking what they want, then maybe the club would be better employing someone rather than taking on whatever volunteer turns up.
Surely it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to get a temp with some relevant admin experience in for a week in situations like these? There are plenty of employment agencies with just such people on their books in the local area.
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Stoke_Gull »

I didn't know whether to post this in the tickets thread or this one so apologies if placed incorrectly.

Well following Torquay United is never an easy business is it? I ordered four adult tickets for the match this Saturday on Sunday at 12:00 as soon as the lines opened, the tickets were for four seats in the £26 section.

I received my tickets today, good news I thought, I then opened by tickets and thought "Hang on, there doesn't seem to be four tickets in here". I then realised that there were only two tickets inside, one adult and one concession. The tickets were also for the wrong area of the stadium, they were the £40 seats not £26 as requested. The tickets also said on them "Torquay United v Shrewsbury Town" which was rather strange. It was clear that I had been sent someone else's tickets and that there was someone with the same problem as me somewhere in the country.

I phoned Plainmoor and explained the situation to them, they confirmed that there had been a mixup with the tickets and that someone else with the same surname as myself had been sent mytickets and vice versa, that person had already called Torquay to tell them this.

So after ten minutes on the phone they said that they would give me a ring back. One hour later and no phone call.....

I hope very much that the club can get the tickets to me before the match but just in case and I realise that this is a longshot, if there is a person on this site with the surname Roberts and has had the four adult tickets instead of the adult and concession, please PM me.

Is this really the way we expect a professional foorball club to operate?
eveshamgull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by eveshamgull »

Was just wandering if anyone who ordered tickets on Monday afternoon has received them yet. Getting a bit worried now and can see a long trip too Torquay on Friday, £50 in petrol wasted, ahead!! Hopefully will come tomorrow. Have emailed the club asking if they have been posted but no reply yet.

Has anyone actually got the tickets they asked for, ie correct price catergory etc...

Don't really care whereabouts in ground I am as long as im actually there....
EVESHAM EXILES
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

jloram wrote:Was just wandering if anyone who ordered tickets on Monday afternoon has received them yet. Getting a bit worried now and can see a long trip too Torquay on Friday, £50 in petrol wasted, ahead!! Hopefully will come tomorrow. Have emailed the club asking if they have been posted but no reply yet.

Has anyone actually got the tickets they asked for, ie correct price catergory etc...

I say! this is very good of you indeed!
I am of the opinion that if you order something then you are intitled to receive what you have ordered, & not have to waste time & money traveling down to sort it out.
Hope it all works out ok.
UpminsterGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by UpminsterGull »

Normal procedure at places like Old Trafford if tickets get lost in post is for club to advise ticket offcie at the ground there of the details and they can be picke dup on the day.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

jloram wrote:Was just wandering if anyone who ordered tickets on Monday afternoon has received them yet. Getting a bit worried now and can see a long trip too Torquay on Friday, £50 in petrol wasted, ahead!! Hopefully will come tomorrow. Have emailed the club asking if they have been posted but no reply yet.

i ordered mine about lunchtime on monday, and they arrived today. they're the right price bracket, £36, but in the corner where i EXPLICITLY asked not to be. wish i'd saved a tenner a ticket and got into the singing section now. Bloody farce, the club's admin and organisation is an absolute joke.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

I ordered my tickets on Monday and have not recieved them yet. I phoned the club today and was told 'I should have them by Friday'. If not called them back Friday and they will sort out! When questioned this, it would appear some error has been made and a number have not been sent yet. I work Friday and can't sign for them, what a rubbish service...
Seventyseven
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Seventyseven »

Nick Potkins wrote:'I should have them by Friday'.

FFS! Those of us who have applied via the phone have paid £5 for next day delivery.... yes, note Torquay United... NEXT DAY DELIVERY... not f**king Friday.

I'm still pissed off about the Shrewsbury debacle where I had to cancel/re-arrange travel plans because someone at Plainmoor lost the bloody Post-It! note they'd scribbled my details on (no, I'm not joking.... I was actually told this by a member of staff - you couldn't make this up!). Now it seems like the two tickets I've ordered (yesterday) won't even bloody arrive before I set off for Wigan tomorrow (take note again Torquay United, that's THREE DAYS after they were ordered!).

:red: :red:
Peter: So did your therapist figure out what the problem was?
Brian: Yeah. He thinks I'm in love.
Peter: Oh my God...you can talk!
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

I got mine this morning. not many problems, in the fun fact of the day is, me and my Girlfrend are sitting together!!!! SHOCK HORROR!
Last edited by SantaCruzScotty on 26 May 2011, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
Torquay Till I Die!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

SantaCruzScotty wrote:I got mine this morning. not many problems, im the fun fact of the day is, me and my Girlfrend are sitting together!!!! SHOCK HORROR!
so what you're saying is, you are disappointed there WASN'T a f*** up then ??!?!?? :rofl:
Brady

I Wish I Was There