survey

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ministander
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: willie brown
Watches from: Pop side

survey

Post by ministander »

how many of us have filled in the survey? will it make any difference?
i have made a few suggestions as to being able to get an alcoholic drink inside the ground, which i believe was trialed some time back on the pop side, with plastic bottles of lager, but was stopped abruptly.
most of the away grounds allow drinks served in plastic glasses, why dont we?
also the catering in the ground is not only poor quality, and frequently runs out, but is cash only, which is madness in this day and age.
the gulls nest should remove the lounge seating, it takes up far to much space, and looks old and dated.
anyone else think this??
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

Agree the catering and hospitality is poor. However I like sitting in the old dated Gulls Nest before each game.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Don't think the catering is that bad, pasties are decent and they took cards the last time I bought there.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Sorry if this comes across as a bit snippy, but...
I use cash 90% of the time, which is sensible in this day and age.
I don't drink, so not fussed. Personally, when I did enjoy a bit of cider, I never felt the need to drink during the game. Only after.
I would rather the consortium spent money on the squad before worrying about seating in the Gulls Nest.
I'm encouraged to see the Club engaging with fans in this way, whether or not the responses do make a difference.
ministander
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: willie brown

Post by ministander »

my point was this is a missed revenue stream, more space in the gulls nest means more people, means more sales, means more profit, likewise better catering, and for the record, i use cash about 1% of the time. debit cards offer tap and go, no need to use cash, the choice should be the customers surely?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Once cash is removed there won't be a choice. Use it or lose it. I prefer to keep my purchase history to myself rather than allow any fat cat bankers to study my spending habits. If you're that thirsty for a beer stay in Boots.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Cant for the life of me see why anyone wants to drink during a game.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

brucie wrote: 29 May 2024, 14:55 Cant for the life of me see why anyone wants to drink during a game.
I think a few might have disagreed with you last season Brucie....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of ????? 2024-2025
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yes, filled it in.
Cash should be able to be used anytime and anywhere - Can't believe that there is a no cash option at Plainmoor either.
Also, paying extra to get in on matchday - Absolutely shocking, that needs addressing to encourage fans that just want to turn up.
Have to say the food in No.10's isnt that good and it's overpriced as well.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of ????? 2024-2025
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

ministander wrote: 29 May 2024, 10:35 how many of us have filled in the survey? will it make any difference?
i have made a few suggestions as to being able to get an alcoholic drink inside the ground, which i believe was trialed some time back on the pop side, with plastic bottles of lager, but was stopped abruptly.
most of the away grounds allow drinks served in plastic glasses, why dont we?
also the catering in the ground is not only poor quality, and frequently runs out, but is cash only, which is madness in this day and age.
the gulls nest should remove the lounge seating, it takes up far to much space, and looks old and dated.
anyone else think this??
You were able to pay via card on the popside food place this season

but the provision is overpriced and not great quality
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Southampton Gull wrote: 29 May 2024, 14:48 Once cash is removed there won't be a choice. Use it or lose it. I prefer to keep my purchase history to myself rather than allow any fat cat bankers to study my spending habits. If you're that thirsty for a beer stay in Boots.
:goodpost:
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 29 May 2024, 15:21 Yes, filled it in.
Cash should be able to be used anytime and anywhere - Can't believe that there is a no cash option at Plainmoor either.
Also, paying extra to get in on matchday - Absolutely shocking, that needs addressing to encourage fans that just want to turn up.
Have to say the food in No.10's isnt that good and it's overpriced as well.
Yes, much preferred turning up at the turnstile and paying with cash then all this fannying about with logins, passwords and QR codes. For them that wasn't to do that, fine, but just cash is simpler. Especially as it will encourage revenue from floating fans....
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 29 May 2024, 15:15 I think a few might have disagreed with you last season Brucie....
Just brilliant - last season was enough to drive anyone to drink :lol:
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Personally I have never been a great fan of surveys in much the same way as running anything by committee or asking fifty random supporters who their favourite player is, you will never get a consensus. At some stage in any process a single person has to make a decision.
You can influence anything by getting your friends to vote one way or other but it not necesarily accurate or reflective of the majority views just those that fill in a survey.
Going back to cash at the gate will never happen, it oddly costs money, people have to count it and then you have to employ security companies to move it to secure facilities , I would say to a bank but you have to find one first.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

culmstockgull wrote: 30 May 2024, 09:14 Personally I have never been a great fan of surveys in much the same way as running anything by committee or asking fifty random supporters who their favourite player is, you will never get a consensus.
That's not what surveys are for, though. When used properly, and designed well, a survey is helpful for identifying trends and a general sense of things rather than asking for specifics. The one the club sent out was actually pretty well designed - they clearly think they know what some of the low-hanging fruit is, and they're looking for reinforcement on what the best things to focus on right now would be. If you have an open-ended question, yuo'll get open-ended answers and that's not helpful at all. But if you say "which of these options applies" that gives you the chance to make better decisions.

The first few questions, as I recall, were essentially demographic questions (locations, gender, household income). That's helpful becasue you can then get a sense of whether answers in other questions are influenced by the type of person you are. Also, I thought it was interesting that they asked why people don't go to home games; if the majority response is not about cost, and instead other things that take priority, that might be a signal to try a friday night kickoff rather than saturday 3pm. I suspect that we'll see the new owners try a few different things in the course of this season, simply to see what works and what doesn't, and surely that should be encouraged.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.