Squad 2024/25

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gull in black
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gull in black »

If the formal CVA stuff is sorted on Friday, are we in for a ‘Fantastic Friday’ of player signing announcements ?
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

…waiting for news on signings is nerve wracking..deals being done by every club it seems. I know we have to wait but please be done this week..
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Gull in black wrote: 30 May 2024, 16:09 If the formal CVA stuff is sorted on Friday, are we in for a ‘Fantastic Friday’ of player signing announcements ?
think I'd go with "Frenetic Friday" myself, but yeah, this seems entirely possible
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
TommyGunn
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TommyGunn »

Paul Wotton has made his first big signing - bringing in former Hull City and Notts County defender Mike Edwards as his non-playing assistant. So it says at
https://www.devonlive.com/sport/footbal ... ds-9315015
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Happy Christmas everyone, or at least that is what it feels like. One more sleep. . .
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

That’ll rule out either Hall or Moxey staying on as player/coach.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

TommyGunn wrote: 30 May 2024, 17:45 Paul Wotton has made his first big signing - bringing in former Hull City and Notts County defender Mike Edwards as his non-playing assistant. So it says at
https://www.devonlive.com/sport/footbal ... ds-9315015
Well that rules out cornish gulls line of Moxey being assistant coach, not sure for a club in our position in a lower league we can afford a non playing assistant manager, rather see the money spent on players.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

culmstockgull wrote: 30 May 2024, 18:56 Well that rules out cornish gulls line of Moxey being assistant coach, not sure for a club in our position in a lower league we can afford a non playing assistant manager, rather see the money spent on players.
Player/coach and assistant manager are different roles. Clubs do have more than one coach.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

culmstockgull wrote: 30 May 2024, 18:56 Well that rules out cornish gulls line of Moxey being assistant coach, not sure for a club in our position in a lower league we can afford a non playing assistant manager, rather see the money spent on players.
You're definitely glass half empty. I'll happily put my trust in the new setup to do things properly rather than take your depressive outlook on things.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

LETS GET THESE PLAYERS IN
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Ben Seymour has left Hampton and Richmond, ex city. James Hamon has also left Truro. Would expect to see both of these sign on.
The gulls are going up
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

The suspense is KILLING me!!
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

:goodpost: :lol:
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Elliott Frear of Bath City had a lot of quality on the left of midfield and would be an excellent addition. He coaches at the University of Exeter, which may make it appealing for him to join us, if he could still do that role. I'd be delighted if brought him to Plainmoor. An Exeter lad, that went on to FGR, Motherwell and Hearts. Not sure if he's signed up for another year at Bath City or not. But would be an excellent addition.
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

Parkys People wrote: 31 May 2024, 17:21 Elliott Frear of Bath City had a lot of quality on the left of midfield and would be an excellent addition. He coaches at the University of Exeter, which may make it appealing for him to join us, if he could still do that role. I'd be delighted if brought him to Plainmoor. An Exeter lad, that went on to FGR, Motherwell and Hearts. Not sure if he's signed up for another year at Bath City or not. But would be an excellent addition.
He’s still under contract at Bath. I presume part of the delay in announcing our new signings is to allow them time to post their goodbyes to their clubs/ fans, before they hear about it from Torquay United website.