Bryn Consortium Take-Over

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Southampton Gull wrote: 31 May 2024, 22:48 I've bred and worked German Shepherds for 20 years and owned them my whole life so I'm well aware of their history. It's just a bug bear of mine when I hear them mislabelled.
Apologies for continuing this wildly off-topic chat, but I've always understood that it was after the first world war that the alternative name of "Alsatian" came about, when the breed was first being promoted intentionally. Germany wasn't good branding in the 1920s either.

I get that the kennel club and dog breeding community in general might want to insist on the original name and that's fine within those circles.

That said, I think both names are equally understood and acceptable in common usage.

I personally prefer the name Alsatian. Growing up in the 70s/80s it was the more common name, and German Shepherd is such a mouthful.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The problem is that people mistakenly think Alsatian refers to the shorter haired version and German Shepherd the long haired version. Throw into the mix there are show line and working line German Shepherds with GDR, DDR, Czech, American and even White versions of the breed and it gets very confusing for buyers. As a lifelong lover of them and knowing the very complex history of the breed it's very irritating when people refer to them by a name only used in this country because of a dislike for all things German for a period after the war. People in Europe and the US never use the name and I've had plenty of dealings with them through my breeding program. I have puppies I've bred serve in Search & Rescue, Police, Prison Service as well as Security roles and can't wait for the day the name 'Alsatian' is forgotten. Interestingly I have several that have been sold to owners around the Torquay area so locals might see examples of my lines. Unfortunately Covid put paid to my breeding days when I started getting totally undesirable people looking to buy my puppies and genuine prospective owners were few and far between. I've got a dog from one of the last litters I bred to see me through to retirement and although he's solid black which I'm not really a fan of, he's an exceptionally conformed example of the breed. Photo taken on Dartmoor last summer.

IMG_20230523_173106.jpg
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Yes, I respect that there's a whole world of nomenclature rules, all designed to remove ambiguity, and you've certainly taught me something new re: the various breeding lines. Every day's a school day, as they say.

I further respect that it can be irritating for someone like yourself, who clearly has deep knowledge and love of the breed when laymen like myself amble up to you in the park and say, "Nice Alsatian, mate". :@ In your shoes, it would grind my gears to hear it as well. :@

That said, language is strange thing, full of ambiguities and inconsistencies. The term Alsatian, with all its flaws, is still in common usage in the UK/Commonwealth, but I sense that this is less and less the case.

Lovely looking German Shepherd by the way, Dave. :-D
TommyGunn
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TommyGunn »

TommyGunn wrote: 31 May 2024, 15:30 Thanks Bryn

Maybe we should incorporate Bryn into our new team badge????? A German Sheperd chasing away the Bristolian Shitehawks :lol:

Sell some new tee shirts with Jim and the Dog emblazened across the chest for the opening match? Better quality than this of course.....
https://www2.cultzeros.co.uk/product/ji ... -and-bryn/
Fixed it for you. :-D There is a section for notable individuel German Sheperds at wiki. But our Bryn seems to be missing.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Transfer embargo lifted. Well done Team Bryn.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Back in Business!

93% owned by Directors
7% owned by 600 TUST members

TUST fronting up £50,000
Directors + TUST = £713,000 ish

Subtract

Debtors, Club wages and future bills to pay.

Add

Season tickets / future Gate receipts, Advertising, Food and Drink profits.

Must stay in the Black at the end of the season, regardless of league position.

COYY!!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

kevgull wrote: 01 Jun 2024, 15:32 Back in Business!

93% owned by Directors
7% owned by 600 TUST members

TUST fronting up £50,000
Directors + TUST = £713,000 ish

Subtract

Debtors, Club wages and future bills to pay.

Add

Season tickets / future Gate receipts, Advertising, Food and Drink profits.

Must stay in the Black at the end of the season, regardless of league position.

COYY!!
i dont think thats quite right, my understanding is that theres approx 600 people with small share holdings that are fans which goes back years - some maybe TUST members but i doubt all are

The money TUST are planning to put in isnt related to that
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

The issue of the 7% of share holdings was decades before the TUST was formed.
cockneycockers
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by cockneycockers »

:scarf:
FCC5684B-485B-4227-B917-62BC7881036D.jpeg
Excitement of the Bryn takeover reaching fever pitch. Queues at the pop up season ticket stall in Hyde Park. Yellow army out in force in London today.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

:lol: :goodpost:
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

CornishGull wrote: 01 Jun 2024, 16:14 The issue of the 7% of share holdings was decades before the TUST was formed.
It was indeed a long time ago and there were two separate opportunities over the years for fans to buy shares. Many of them have now passed away so the register of addresses must be a nightmare to update. As I have a (very) small amount of shares I was recently given an opportunity to vote on the 'CVA'. Obviously my tiny fraction of the 7% swung it as the resolution was accepted and here we are today as a result!

These shares are nothing to do with TUST (at the moment) but I think it could be possible for individuals to transfer their (or their forebear's) shares to a common cause such as TUST.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

TommyGunn wrote: 31 May 2024, 15:30 Thanks Bryn

Maybe we should incorporate Bryn into our new team badge????? Alsatian chasing away the Bristolian Shitehawks :lol:

Sell some new tee shirts with Jim and the Dog emblazened across the chest for the opening match? Better quality than this of course.....
https://www2.cultzeros.co.uk/product/ji ... -and-bryn/
This T-shirt is a good one.....

https://www.jonestheshirt.com/products/ ... 2547201308
Last edited by SuperNickyWroe on 01 Jun 2024, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
We now head Due South to all games!

TUST Member 468

kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 01 Jun 2024, 16:06 i dont think thats quite right, my understanding is that theres approx 600 people with small share holdings that are fans which goes back years - some maybe TUST members but i doubt all are

The money TUST are planning to put in isnt related to that
Revised UnitedinDevon

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... onsortium/

The TUST have circa 360 members and they have put in £50,000 of the 7%. therefore the accumulated share investment in the club is circa £1.4 million
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

kevgull wrote: 01 Jun 2024, 18:47 Revised UnitedinDevon

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... onsortium/

The TUST have circa 360 members and they have put in £50,000 of the 7%. therefore the accumulated share investment in the club is circa £1.4 million
Not sure where you're coming from but TUST has about 900 members.
boboakes
Trialist
Trialist
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by boboakes »

If you go on Companies House website you will see Riviera Stadia owned 93% of the shares. These are the shares the Bryn Consortium will be taking over. The other 7% of the shares are privately owned by numerous shareholders. These shares are not going anywhere. Unless the Bryan Consortium are transferring shares to TUST, the TUST £50,000 is buying them a seat on the board, nothing else.